VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Sometimes it actually depressing to see how long people are waiting. My husband is a US citizen, we got married July last year and he filed i130 late august on Vermont center , still waiting for approval :(

I hear you. My wife and I were married 3 1/2 years ago. We lived together in Canada for 3 years before she moved to FL for her new job. We filed early June and still haven't been approved.

But it will happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :(

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

**Warning...nothing but venting here. Please feel free to move my post to somewhere more appropriate***

You know what irks me the most about this process is the inability for USCIS to set customer expectations and lack of transparency and accountability. I completely understand they are overwhelmed with applications with limited staff and resources (and especially having other service centers close, and major policy changes from the current administration). But I don't understand their inability to keep their "customers" informed. It winds up disinfranchisizing their entire user base. Honestly, as a country founded on immigration, this is an embarrassment. If this was any regular private service-oriented company, there would be mass riots. In the absolute least they could update their average processing times since Nov 30. This seems like a relatively simple query you can run on your records. Do they even have computers there?

If they are lacking resources, funding, I don't understand why they don't just say so (and hence prompt their customers to write to their congressional leadership and demand action). When I am overwhelmed at work, I go to my boss and give him the facts and to cya. They can go ahead and just say I can't....for ex. get another employee because of reason x,y,z...but at least my customers/clients/co-workers know the reason why...and can go yell at them for more support.

Timeline

**Warning...nothing but venting here. Please feel free to move my post to somewhere more appropriate***

You know what irks me the most about this process is the inability for USCIS to set customer expectations and lack of transparency and accountability. I completely understand they are overwhelmed with applications with limited staff and resources (and especially having other service centers close, and major policy changes from the current administration). But I don't understand their inability to keep their "customers" informed. It winds up disinfranchisizing their entire user base. Honestly, as a country founded on immigration, this is an embarrassment. If this was any regular private service-oriented company, there would be mass riots. In the absolute least they could update their average processing times since Nov 30. This seems like a relatively simple query you can run on your records. Do they even have computers there?

If they are lacking resources, funding, I don't understand why they don't just say so (and hence prompt their customers to write to their congressional leadership and demand action). When I am overwhelmed at work, I go to my boss and give him the facts and to cya. They can go ahead and just say I can't....for ex. get another employee because of reason x,y,z...but at least my customers/clients/co-workers know the reason why...and can go yell at them for more support.

:thumbs:

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My job has consisted for months of nothing but being short handed and overwhelmed.

Problem is, when we stop to train more people, we instead get put even more behind.

It takes longer for me to stop doing my job and train, than for me to just get what I need to get done.

I am finally caught up. It feels fantastic.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: x 100000000

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

It also makes the situation so must worse to see people who applied after August 15th being approved. I wish I had waited and not got my paperwork together so fast.

06/11/2012: Married

07/03/2012: I-130 delivered to Chicago

07/06/2012: NOA1 VSC

07/11/2012: Received paper NOA1

02/27/2013: Received NOA2 Email that we were approved

03/01/2013: Recieved Paper NOA2

NVC

03/04/2013: NVC received

03/21/2013: NVC Case no. assigned

03/21/2013: DS-3032 emailed

03/26/2013: Resent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review

03/26/2013: DS-3032 accepted

03/26/2013: Paid AOS fee

03/26/2013: AOS Package Mailed to NVC

03/27/2013: Received IV Bill

03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill

03/27/2013: Sent IV Packet overnight

04/08/2013: AOS Accepted

04/11/2013: Case Complete

04/26/2013: Expedite Approved

05/10/2013: Medical

05/21/2013: Interview

05/22/2013: Received Visa

05/25/2013: POE (Boston) US Immigration done in Bermuda

Timeline

June 04 filer....240 days and still counting..!

Immigration..Why you no clear up pending cases..? Huh :bonk:

Since we're all counting...237 days.

It also makes the situation so must worse to see people who applied after August 15th being approved. I wish I had waited and not got my paperwork together so fast.

People getting approved ahead of you is luck of the draw. As long as you sent the paperwork in correctly, you're better off submitting earlier than later. What I'm worried about is next month, when the temporary deal to delay the "fiscal cliff" could expire. <I could be totally wrong here--> I think it said it would amount to about a 12% cut to DoD programs. Which would mean even longer wait times, maybe even a log-jam :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.