VikingMamma

June 2012 I-130 Filers?

2,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Germany
Timeline

Just wanna to share this with you guys :yes: Perhaps it's nothing really extraordinary,but I just thought some of you could be interested.

My husband called USCIS in today and he got a very nice representative who explained to him that they are almost finishing May applications, he said that of course there are cases still under review, checking background etc, but they are already working as well in a few early June cases. He said that since our NOA1 is June4th we should get an answer around next week or 2 weeks later :thumbs:

I think these are good news for us June filers, we might get all approved during next weeks!! (well, at this point I feel happy to hear that there's any little chance to get our approval soon, lol). January will be our month hopefully!!!

Thank you so very much for sharing. January will be our month. :yes: There have been June approvals already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well my estimated approval has now slipped to 28th January-28th February, looks like August, Its pretty hard to get up every day at the moment.

Jan 14th - Feb 15th over here.

I hear ya. It's tough. We're so close though. One day soon!!! :)

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

Well my estimated approval has now slipped to 28th January-28th February, looks like August, Its pretty hard to get up every day at the moment.

What makes it look like August?? I hope you're not saying everything else after approval takes this long.

Timeline

I just received the notice after my e-request.

They're sorry....I'm still within their time frame to process...

They're still working on May 28th....

I feel frustrated...... :devil:

There is nothing anymore to think about, it has become unthinkable.

Well the usual time after approval is around 3 months- but it takes a month to get NVC. So for me a 28th feb approval will probably result in an August move, which will be 14 months.

8-10 months my ####.

Timeline

Here is my list of what needs to be done after. Please add and correct me. Anything is helpful.

1. Waiting for NOA2. I can call NVC 24 hrs. later for at least the case number in advance.

2. Sign up for electronic processing with case number. Receive "OPTIN" (This should be done within 24hrs.)

3. Sign-scan DS-3032 as pdf. (2-3 days later they will confirm) This generates the DS-230

4. Pay I-864w invoice bill. (2-3 days later payment portal indicates paid)

5. NVC said not to wait. After invoice in payment portal appears as paid, scan-attach I-864w as pdf.

(confirmation 2-3 days later)

6. Pay invoice bill DS-230. (2-3 days later payment portal indicates paid)

7. Immediately send DS-230 part ONE to NVC (again I was told not to wait) I was thinking to sending them in advance to the

states and send them from there when the time comes.

8. File with the consulate that I'm ready.

9. Medical

Is this just wishful thinking??? I have to believe to get all this done without wasting a day.

Generally NVE wont have a case number for a few weeks, certainly not 24 hours later.

You ight be able to scan the forms quickly, but this dosent prevent you getting an interview date AT LEAST 6-8 weeks into the future. That alone (along with the 2 weeks for return of the passport with visa) means its a good 3 months before you have visa in hand.

The wheels of immigration spin slowly, but keep spinning.

Timeline

Well the usual time after approval is around 3 months- but it takes a month to get NVC. So for me a 28th feb approval will probably result in an August move, which will be 14 months.

8-10 months my ####.

I understand what you say. Thank you. But I was told to call NVC for the case number 24 hours after approval. Of course I will try. The case number and invoice bill is still send through postal. But there is hope to get started.

Just notice how frustrated I am at this point.

I will wait like everyone else. (lol)

Timeline

Generally NVE wont have a case number for a few weeks, certainly not 24 hours later.

You ight be able to scan the forms quickly, but this dosent prevent you getting an interview date AT LEAST 6-8 weeks into the future. That alone (along with the 2 weeks for return of the passport with visa) means its a good 3 months before you have visa in hand.

The wheels of immigration spin slowly, but keep spinning.

Thank you...Its time for me to take my nightly run...I feel frustrated... Thanks again for your patience. Till later :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just received the notice after my e-request.

They're sorry....I'm still within their time frame to process...

They're still working on May 28th....

I feel frustrated...... :devil:

There is nothing anymore to think about, it has become unthinkable.

Awww :( so it seems that you got the same email that my husband got when we set the e-request. I'm sorry to hear that, I was having some hope to hear that your application would be processed quickly after they got your e-request.

I understand that their official date is May 28th 2012, but come on, we have been waiting for several months already and of course this kind of response makes us feel even more frustrated :girlwerewolf2xn:

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Timeline

I just checked more sides on the case number issue.

It clearly states one can call after 24 hours (maybe a little later) provide the USCIS receipt number and names etc. and they will provide you with the case number beforehand. This is the phone number given on varies sides (603)334-0700.

It doesn't hurt to try.

Timeline

I just got through checking the site NVCElectronic@state.gov . I found it very interesting after clicking through all I got through. By signing up, it will automatically direct me to DS-261 (choice of agent). I have to use my first three letters of my case number to click the correct line.

Through the electronic process I qualify for DS-260. It states:

If the petition was filed in the US (and) The application is being processed by the NVC (and) The application is family based.

Every portal opens up after they received payment.

I say this is saving time. And if no time is wasted it will run smoothly.

All my forms are already filled out on paper. I just need to transfer the info later on.

I'm very stubborn today :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just checked more sides on the case number issue.

It clearly states one can call after 24 hours (maybe a little later) provide the USCIS receipt number and names etc. and they will provide you with the case number beforehand. This is the phone number given on varies sides (603)334-0700.

It doesn't hurt to try.

I got my case number and invoice id number a few days after approval, check my signature for details on the dates.

Not everyone country has electronic procesing, and there is a template DS-3032 email that can be used and sent from the beneficiary email.

There is a thread created each month called NVC Jan (Feb) that you can join, in the IR/CR progress forum.

I was approved on Nov 13 and flew through NVC, have interview for Jan 30. Expect visa in hand by Feb. 5. So 3 months after approval doesnt sound too far off.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.