Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

I sent my ROC in March, should hear back in 6 weeks.

I sent the following:

-letter from our bank regarding our joint checking account

-wedding invitations that were addressed to both of us

-our IRA accounts with each other being listed as primary beneficiaries

-Anis' life insurance with me being primary beneficiary

-2 affidavits one from a friend who has known us the entire time of our relationship and one from my mother

-our tax transcripts for 2009-2011

let me know if you have any questions about this whole mess ;)

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hate the week before I go back to work :( My vacation is almost over :crying:

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

We went with bank statement, tax form, and our daughter's birth certificate for ROC No pictures or letters. It was quick too, I think a month and a half. We underestimated the speed of the US postal service because the package arrived a day early for ROC eligibility, so they mailed it back to us. It arrived back a day after eligibility window was open. Postage well spent uscis, postage well spent.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

I had lunch at a cart called Viking Soul Food today. Salmon lefse, and I split a dessert lefse with lemon curd and pecans with a friend. It's really yummy, and I was nice and saved half of my sandwich for my husband. I had a lingonberry drink too that tastes just like the one at ikea. Two thumbs up for Viking food!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had lunch at a cart called Viking Soul Food today. Salmon lefse, and I split a dessert lefse with lemon curd and pecans with a friend. It's really yummy, and I was nice and saved half of my sandwich for my husband. I had a lingonberry drink too that tastes just like the one at ikea. Two thumbs up for Viking food!

That sounds delicious!!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anyone remember how many pages of proof they sent for ROC? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm over-doing it...

I sent in a 4" binder.

We did AOS, only but I guess it's about the same since my husband received his 10 yr GC after AOS. I don't recall how many pages exactly we sent but we sent in a copy of our lease and then our tax return from the previous year. We had an interview so we brought the lease, our phone bill showing we were on a family share plan and pictures. I guess I could've sent those things in with the app.

I'm wondering - for those who front loaded AOS/ROC - did you have an interview, also? I'm wondering if we had front loaded if we wouldn't have had an interview or does that even make a difference?

We front loaded, no interview.

That sounds about right msheesha....i did not get interviewed...or wait...yes, we did lol. Maybe they weren't 100% sure on us (language issues)since this was the focus of the consulate it seemed, but we weren't scared in the least...who knows, but we passed the interview flying colors...then we did not get one for AOS, but then again, who does lol? Thanks God, we are just about doen with immigration....once we do citizenship this year or next, we are done!

I see everyone was talking diet last thread....well, i started one too, but then hubby brought home coke (my huge weakness) when he knew I specifically told him not to!!

Soda=evil.

Did you have anyone write affadavits attesting to your relationship? We're not planning on it - I don't like to have to get others involved that deeply in our immigration process, and thinking/hoping all the other stuff will stand on its own....

I did for the first time but we never used them. My advice now would be yeah. don't get any. Use them as evidence if they request additional proof.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We sent in joint bank account records, utility bills, a statement from my parents that they bought my house and we lived there, pay stubs, joint tax returns, joint car titles, joint insurances, joint CCs, receipts showing a pattern of living and using these cards and whatnot in our general area, pictures from the time, any letters addressed to both of us, and a cover letter. I don't know what else we sent in. I didn't send them anything like a rock or an olive like I did the first time. I wanted to send them a 4-leaf clover I found just to continue the threat of them getting insane amount of evidence if they asked for more, but Ammar said no. :angry: I put glitter stickers on the package though to promote good will and happiness. I put those on my taxes too though.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

My pool is moaning! Every few minutes it sounds like a really loud wooooooooo! like a cartoon ghost. (tropical storm effect winds through the screen enclosure)

We finally got the chemicals correct in ours. A little Alk Up & soda ash & we are good to go.

We finally got the chemicals correct in ours. A little Alk Up & soda ash & we are good to go.

good.gif I am a bit jealous! How much do you suppose it will cost you monthly (if not too forward of me)? Do you also have a vacuum thingy?

Edited by LaL

Monthly I'm not sure. We used a pool guy to open it. He discovered the filter needed to be replaced. That was replaced & the water was good for a bit. He said as long as we kept it well chlorinated we should be good. We put the solar cover on it for 3 days without swimming etc. The chlorine bobbles were stagnant under the cover & not moving. So the chemicals got messed up. We went to the pool store & bought the alk up, soda ash, a box of shock & a bucket of chlorine tabs. It was under $150. The pool guy recommends throwing in two bags of shock a week to prevent any problems.

Edited by msheesha

Sorry - sent that before I was finished.

We bought the chemical test strips when pool was first open. They were about $15.

We have a manual vacuum thing. My husband vacuumed Friday night & it still looks great. We plan on getting one of those automatic vacuum things at end of season when they're on sale.

So not sure that really answers your question but hope it helps!! We are total pool newbies and were lucky to find a pool guy who was happy to teach us & help us rather than charge us for doing it himself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.