jc gonzalez

need help with i 130

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello vj users in kind of new here but got lot of help last time......

1 st. im a US citizen wich im about to apply for my wife and 1 year daughter they both are in mexico.

im sending the following documents (list from vj)

1. I130 for my wife

1. I130 for my baby

1. g325a for my wife

1. g325a for my baby

1. g1145 (email notification)

copies.

1.my naturalizacion certificated

2.my US passport (all pages)

3.marriage certificated (translated)

4.my wife's birth certificated and translation ,passport and photo

5.my baby birth certificated and tranlatio, passport and photo

6.previous marriage certificated

7.previous marriage desolution

8.Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties(2)

9.copies of personal checks (financial support)

10. 2 photo passport style (1 my wife and 1 for my baby)

now here are the questions....

what else do i need to send?

do i send separate envelopes?

do i send only one check? or has to be 2 diferent becaused there is 2 persons??

2 diferent applications or do i just put my baby on my wifes application?

and in the application. right at the bottom............. signature of the person preparing this form.( wich is me right?)

any other comments or help will be more than welcome....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hey! i dont know a lot like most of the members here but i can tell you this, when i sent the i-130 for my husband the instructions said i needed to inlude a g325a for myself aswell with a passport style photo of me too!si yo fuera tu yo haria dos paquetes que incluyan todo lo que te piden en las instrucciones, una para tu esposa y otro para tu bebe, ya que esten separados los metes en un sobre juntos con un solo cheque...eso si yo fera tu. suerteee con todo!!!!

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and help, but I just wanted to point out one thing....

You are a US citizen (by naturalization). The baby is yours? Were you a US citizen when the child was born??

If so, then that child should be eligible for US citizenship via you. If that is the case, then you don't need to file an I-130 for the baby. In fact, if the child is eligible for US citizenship, that makes them ineligible for a visa. You would then need to look into, I believe, a CRBA (Consular Record of Birth Abroad) and getting your child a US passport.

Hope someone better qualified than me can either confirm what I've said, or correct me if I'm wrong and give you the right information.

Good luck with everything :)

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

hello vj users in kind of new here but got lot of help last time......

1 st. im a US citizen wich im about to apply for my wife and 1 year daughter they both are in mexico.

im sending the following documents (list from vj)

1. I130 for my wife

1. I130 for my baby

1. g325a for my wife

1. g325a for my baby

1. g1145 (email notification)

copies.

1.my naturalizacion certificated

2.my US passport (all pages)

3.marriage certificated (translated)

4.my wife's birth certificated and translation ,passport and photo

5.my baby birth certificated and tranlatio, passport and photo

6.previous marriage certificated

7.previous marriage desolution

8.Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties(2)

9.copies of personal checks (financial support)

10. 2 photo passport style (1 my wife and 1 for my baby)

now here are the questions....

what else do i need to send?

do i send separate envelopes?

do i send only one check? or has to be 2 diferent becaused there is 2 persons??

2 diferent applications or do i just put my baby on my wifes application?

and in the application. right at the bottom............. signature of the person preparing this form.( wich is me right?)

any other comments or help will be more than welcome....

Check the Guides here. You are missing, at minimum the G325a and passport photo for yourself. Neither is needed for the baby.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your wife's birth certificate is not needed when the I-130 is filed.

As for your daughter, do you qualify to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for her?

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

yes im a US citizen.....

i just became and my baby is one year old.....

i already call the embassy in gadalajara ant they told me that my baby does not qualify to get the naturalization... becaused she was born when i was LPR..

and yes sorry im also including one picture of me........

ready the aplication for my wife. more doubts just came to my mind.......

on i130 application... section E signature of petitioner??????????

im sending 2 aplications one for my daughter and one for my wife....... i have to sign them ????????

and then section F signature of person preparing this form if other than the petitioner. do i put my info or leave it blank since i will sign as a petitioner or fill part F instead of E????

Timeline

yes im a US citizen.....

i just became and my baby is one year old.....

i already call the embassy in gadalajara ant they told me that my baby does not qualify to get the naturalization... becaused she was born when i was LPR..

and yes sorry im also including one picture of me........

ready the aplication for my wife. more doubts just came to my mind.......

on i130 application... section E signature of petitioner??????????

im sending 2 aplications one for my daughter and one for my wife....... i have to sign them ????????

and then section F signature of person preparing this form if other than the petitioner. do i put my info or leave it blank since i will sign as a petitioner or fill part F instead of E????

You ARE the petitioner, in both cases. Wife and daughter are the beneficiaries. Here's another common error. In C 17 on your wife's petition, did you list yourself as her husband and your mutual child as HER child? If not, that's what goes there. Your wife is the foreign relative, and her husband is you. In that section for your child, you'll simply enter none because your child has no spouse or children.

What often confuses people is the idea that the I-130 is an "application". It is a "petition". When it is approved, your relatives will apply for visas. Your child will apply for and receive an IR2 visa, then will become a US citizen upon entering the USA with that visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ,,,,,,,

NOW ON "D"

IF SEPARATE PETITION ARE ALSO BEING SUBMITED FOR OTHER RELATIVES GIVE NAMES OF EACH AND REALTIONSHIP///

ON MY WIFE'S I PUT MY BABY

AND ON THE ONE FOR MY BABY ,,,,, MY WIFES

Timeline

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ,,,,,,,

NOW ON "D"

IF SEPARATE PETITION ARE ALSO BEING SUBMITED FOR OTHER RELATIVES GIVE NAMES OF EACH AND REALTIONSHIP///

ON MY WIFE'S I PUT MY BABY

AND ON THE ONE FOR MY BABY ,,,,, MY WIFES

Correct. You read carefully, interpret literally and answer accurately. Don't forget to add the relationship, as requested. That's the relationship to YOU.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

thanks again..............

now i think this its the last question. on

form g325 by the end

signature of aplicant....................my wife its im mexico.... do i send the document or do i sign . or leave it blank..??????????? i just put (will sign at consulate)....

and

APPLICANT: print your name and alien registration number in the box..............

again........ what do i di there?????

also the names of the town in mexico its kind of large to fit in that little square designated for city ......i have to place an attachment to the form g325 ?

Timeline

thanks again..............

now i think this its the last question. on

form g325 by the end

signature of aplicant....................my wife its im mexico.... do i send the document or do i sign . or leave it blank..??????????? i just put (will sign at consulate)....

and

APPLICANT: print your name and alien registration number in the box..............

again........ what do i di there?????

also the names of the town in mexico its kind of large to fit in that little square designated for city ......i have to place an attachment to the form g325 ?

You can type the name a second time in the bottom blanks or hand print it. Doesn't matter. If no A number just enter NONE.

Technically, the beneficiary living outside the USA is not required to sign the G325a. You could email it or mail it to her to sign or just enter "Will sign at Consulate". When you do that, they usually don't have her sign it at the Consulate either, because all the same information is on the DS230 she'll sign.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

jc gonzalez, I removed your last post to protect your family and yourself. Please be careful with personal information on the Internet.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a USC, married in Mexico and living in Mexico for over 1 year. We submitted our I-130 in Feb. and received a request for additional evidence from USCIS to prove bonafide marriage. Initially, I submitted evidence of 27 pics (wedding included), 11 affidavits both from Mex citizens and US citizens, marriage cert. and translation, bills with both our names at Mex address.They wanted more... If you have any documents listing one another as beneficiary or you have a joint bank account this would be helpful to include. Be as thorough with your evidence as you can on your initial submission. Yes, our I130 was approved after additional submission of 20 more pics and me being listed as beneficiary on my husbands work insurance. Happy filing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.