Iphoneuser

Pending N400 and Wife's Immigration Status

3 posts in this topic

HI VisaJourney,

I am applying for the N400 based on the 5 year residency and i saw a question on the form about current wife's Immigration status and unfortunately my Wife came on F1 and is currently out of status will that be an issue during my N400 interview process also will that jeopardize my N400 application? We do plan to file for her GreenCard after i am naturalized i am just worried if this will cause issues later on like can the DHS come looking for her since now she is out of status.

Any advice,experiences or thoughts is appreciated

IMHO, I think you have to tell the truth. They may come look for her but the deport process usually takes long so hopefully before the court makes the decision you have already become US citizen.

And as soon as you send the application, look around for an immigration lawyer. So if something worst happens you know where to go right away.

P.S Oh, do not change name during N400 process, because that will delay the oath ceremony.

Edited by Kiwi123

05/2006: F1 Visa

12/2008: Graduation

12/2008: Married

03/2009: Found a job

03/2009: AOS

07/2009: AOS approved

04/2011: ROC

08/2011: ROC approved

Seriously, the previous post is too much...... DO NOT worry about it.... Just put f1 out of status... They will not look for her.... Trust me there are plenty of heavier fish in the water to catch! :)

11/14/2011 Sent N-400 (Texas Lockbox)

11/16/2011 Priority Date

01/06/2012 Biometrics letter sent out

02/01/2012 Biometrics Done (Charlotte, NC)

02/03/2012 Placed in line for interview

04/16/2012 Interview Letter Sent

05/22/2012 Interview Date (Cancelled)

xx/xx/2012 Oath Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.