hichamkansas

Request for Evidence

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys, I received a letter from USCIS says**((( the USCIS has reviewed ur petition to remove conditions on residence (Form I-751) and your submitted supporting evidence .However , YOUR SUPPORTING EVEIDENCE DOES NOT ESTABLISH that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together))))**

We did sent theme all what we can like :

Copies of bank statements.

Bank accounts with both our names on it ..

My life insurance with my wife’s name on it.

Vehicle insurance.

My 401k my wife’s name on it.

Copies of taxes with our name.

My health medical and dental insurance with my wife’s name on it .

Album of pictures about 10 or 20 pic.

3 letters of supporting our good marriage from neighbors and friends .

The only thing we didn’t send is the house title with my name on it ,that because we found it hard to add my name .

The car title because the car Dmv car registration office was closing due to a renewing in their computer system

Vacation tickets because we couldn’t afford any travel …you know how tight those days..

So guys what the USCIS they want more, I hope they ask us for an interview that will be helpful ,I don’t know we’ve been living together now 3 years now and I’m sure they know every thing via whatever internet or spying or whatever ..I’m tired of this process me and my wife. We’re working hard to save money and pay bills and thanks to GOD every things is OK and this USCIS want more proofs of headache and time ..Really I’m sick …any suggestion guys…and think you for any help or support.

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 01-28-09

I-129F NOA1 : 01-29-09

I-129F NOA2 : 03-16-09

Casablanca Consulate Rec'd: 05-05-09

Visa Rec'd: 06-05-09

US Entry: 06-16-09

Marriage: 07-17-09

AOS/EAD/AP

Date Filed: 10-05-09

NOA Date : 11-02-09

Bio. Appt. : 12-04-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 11-17-09

Touch: 11-30-09

AOS/EAD Touch: 12-07-09

AP Approved: 12-14-09

EAD Approved: 12-17-09

EAD Received: 12-22-09

AOS Approved/Greencard Ordered: 12-24-09 Wooohoooooooooooooo!!!!

Greencard Received: 1-6-10

[url="http://www.weddingcountdown.com"]
[img=http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/eh46splm0dadp.png]
[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

make a info pass and speak to them directly about it.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

did you get a RFE right? YOU MUST answer back,otherwise they will deny your case.

Send IRS TRANSCRIPT not just copies

NOTARIZE affidavit from friends and family stating you have a genuine marriage.

If you use to buy stuff online or your wife send copy of the invoices showing the stuff were delivered in your house.

Google "health power of attorney" file out and send them(one for each one). NOTARIZED.

All bills must spanning the 2 years period, not just a few ok.I would write a WILL and send together, if you don't have one. You don't have to hire a lawyer for that,you can find in the google some great WILL. It's ok you will write the WILL just after you received the RFE.

Write a nice polite cover letter stating everything you are sending to USCIS,saying a bit about your life and love for your wife (not more than 2 pages) and she can write a letter as well.Good luck

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Well this is just horrible....

I don't even think we will have has much as you have when we ROC in a year & half. What the heck!!! I hope someone can answer your question as I would love to know the answer myself. My husband just got a job and I did not add myself to his medical/dental plan as I already had my own and didn't want the extra expense. So am i suppose to just stop my medical coverage which is better, just so that we have some proof for the ROC stage????? Also, we don't have bills together that come in both our names, just the car insurance and bank statements. I have him as one of the beneficiaries on my 401K along with my daughter and our names are on the land contract deed where we live, but honestly, I don't see getting any more proof.... If so, can someone name some please so as we can try to add more evidence as well.

Gosh, we just got through the AOS stage in January and now what the heck, I have to start worrying about having enough evidence for 2 years of living together for our ROC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Drivers License or ID cards of both with same address on them

Have family mail you invitations to parties in BOTH your names

Have family send you both cards for your anniversary

Pictures of him with your american family at family gatherings

And of course pics together with different hair, clothes, weather or times of season changes.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

did you get a RFE right? YOU MUST answer back,otherwise they will deny your case.

Send IRS TRANSCRIPT not just copies

NOTARIZE affidavit from friends and family stating you have a genuine marriage.

If you use to buy stuff online or your wife send copy of the invoices showing the stuff were delivered in your house.

Google "health power of attorney" file out and send them(one for each one). NOTARIZED.

All bills must spanning the 2 years period, not just a few ok.I would write a WILL and send together, if you don't have one. You don't have to hire a lawyer for that,you can find in the google some great WILL. It's ok you will write the WILL just after you received the RFE.

Write a nice polite cover letter stating everything you are sending to USCIS,saying a bit about your life and love for your wife (not more than 2 pages) and she can write a letter as well.Good luck

When you say all bills spanning the 2 year period, what other bills can people submit that was not submitted in the AOS. I mean like the utility bill can only be in my name as I have had it over 4 years and they said they could not add my husband's name. The cable bill has only my name and they will not add his name as well.

Honestly, some people just don't have a lot of bills, just the normal every month bills which most of had in our names before the wife/husband got here.

The only thing we get in our names are:

Bank statement

Car Insurance (both cars are paid off so no bill)

Cell Phone bill

Land Contract Deed

Taxes filed together

So what are we suppose to do for the next year + before ROC to prove our marriage is legit....

Thank you

Edited by foreverwaiting

Drivers License or ID cards of both with same address on them

Have family mail you invitations to parties in BOTH your names

Have family send you both cards for your anniversary

Pictures of him with your american family at family gatherings

And of course pics together with different hair, clothes, weather or times of season changes.

That all sounds wonderful about the family mail, but unfortunately, I do not have any family members left as I am the last of them living. My husband has a brother and uncle living here, so is mail a good thing from them with both our names addressed.

Pictures, well yep that is a must.

Timeline

I am not an expert but I would ask them to send us mail and also have your friends mail you a card... Buy them the card and the stamp and expain snail mail to them. Lol

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

I am not an expert but I would ask them to send us mail and also have your friends mail you a card... Buy them the card and the stamp and expain snail mail to them. Lol

rofl.gif So funny yeah that is what I just said to my husband, send them some cards and some prepaid envelopes LOL for every 3 months until ROC. Oh gosh, this is just so silly to have to start worrying about this process when we just got the dang Green card. Oh well, thank you, if you think of anything else, just add it here for us all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Removing Conditions on Residency forum; OP is going through ROC process.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

we are going through ROC right now. There were utility bills that do not have my husbands name on them but they can add him in the system as an authorized person. So i was able to call them and have them send me something (such as a welcome letter, thank you for your service letter ect. just something) showing which utility the account number and them addressing both my husband and i on it. He was able to be added to our lease but an idea is maybe you can have your landlord just write something stating that why were unable to update the lease but that he is still a resident at that property. These were just some creative ideas that i had to come up with but they worked. I hope this helps :)

wara a koli rajouline adeem emra a

ROC JOURNEY

05.19.2012 MAILED ROC PACKET

05.21.2012 PACKET WAS RECEIVED BY USCIS

06.05.2012 Check cashed

05.21.2012 NOA1

06.21.2012 BIOMETRICS APPT.

12.20.2012 APPROVED

01.02.2013 GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

01.07.2012 10 YEAR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi there, we just received an RFE for more evidence yesterday. It is quite frustrating because we sent bank statements showing both of our incomes going into account, pics, mattress payment we have together, taxes, everything I thought they would need. I owned my home for 10 years before my husband arrived so his name is not on the property. He refuses to be on any account that involves interest due to his religion. I told him that was a big mistake for this very reason. I am wracking my brain trying to think of other things that we can send. I recently added my husband to my chase visa account (we pay it in full each month so no interest). I think I will send that. A friend has volunteered to write an affidavit for us so I will go with that too. In my state, your spouse is automatically your beneficiary on life insurance unless you have them sign a waiver so I guess I will have my employer write something up for me stating as such. Other than that they asked for birth certificates (we don't have kids together), leases (I own my home). Don't really know what else to send!

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

Gary and Alla posted a thread about evidence in the ROC forum long ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220440-i-751-evidence/page__view__findpost__p__3353837

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

POPULAR

I had the great opportunity to have dinner with a director of the VSC Saturday evening. A sit turns out his wife is Russian, came here on a K-1 and is now an aquaintance of Alla. So we had some great conversation. Our next step will be the I-751 and he has worked in his career as an IO who conducted AOS and lifting of conditions interviews and gave me lots of good information on evidence. Here are some things he likes to see and others which are "useless" in his words

Good stuff

Joint bank accounts, joint tax returns, joint ownership of property, cars. Joint leases. Joint insurance. Named as beneficiaries on life insurance and medical insurance. Joint credit cards. Any other joining of financial interests (the theory is that if one is willing to risk your property and money the relationship is more likely valid) Government documents showing common address, drivers lisence, etc. Photos are good, kind of expected, but NOT primary evidence.

Children?

Yes and no. If you just had a child together and the man is nothing more than a sperm donor...no. IF you have children, whether "together" or with a blended family and there is evidence that BOTH participate in the child's development and education, and care that is great! I told him I am listed on all of our son's school papers as parent, I am an emergency contact and I sign all the permission slips, etc. He is covered by my medical insurance. All good stuff. A birth certificate in itself ("Look we have a kid") does not prove a legitmate relationship. It is especially important that the school (an objective 3rd party) recognizes both people as "parents" and accepts this. Medical records for the child showing both people as parents. same reasoning. If a doctor will recognize and treat a child based on their knowledge of both being parents, that is pretty darn good evidence.

Useless or not so useful stuff

Magazine subscriptions together (WHAT??? "Yes, you would be surprised how many couples present a Sports Illustrated subscription as proof") Utilities, cards and letters from relatives, emails, chats etc. Theory? all of these can be easily faked and in themselves prove nothing. Utilities do not verify information before adding someone to an account and hey, it's the electric bill, you are going to pay the electric bill anyway. There is no financial risk involved, no commitment as in joint ownership. Affidavits from friends or family do not have a lot of weight. None of these things are BAD and in conjunction with other evidence are fine, but not enough to prove anything themselves.

This is probably not news to a lot of people, but it was good to hear it from the "horse's mouth" anyway.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

1340536775[/url]' post='5477449']

Hi there, we just received an RFE for more evidence yesterday. It is quite frustrating because we sent bank statements showing both of our incomes going into account, pics, mattress payment we have together, taxes, everything I thought they would need. I owned my home for 10 years before my husband arrived so his name is not on the property. He refuses to be on any account that involves interest due to his religion. I told him that was a big mistake for this very reason. I am wracking my brain trying to think of other things that we can send. I recently added my husband to my chase visa account (we pay it in full each month so no interest). I think I will send that. A friend has volunteered to write an affidavit for us so I will go with that too. In my state, your spouse is automatically your beneficiary on life insurance unless you have them sign a waiver so I guess I will have my employer write something up for me stating as such. Other than that they asked for birth certificates (we don't have kids together), leases (I own my home). Don't really know what else to send!

Gosh Betsy, again so worrying. We do not have credits cards in our names, as I do not even use credit cards myself anymore just my credit/ATM card if I need to pay for something and he has one too. My husband didn't do any life insurance at work as its expensive enough just for medical and dental to be withdrawn each week from his check so we declined the life insurance.

Let us know what else you decided to send if possible so as we can start this thinking process way ahead as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.