Takenn

Waiting for NVC to assign case number

47 posts in this topic

Still waiting for mine to get to NVC. My husband and I just keep calling.

“ Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

~ Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am also waiting ...its 40days gone..nothing happen..i have not receive any response from nvcresearch..also not response from congresssman..

I called the USCIS and the rep told me it could take 30 to 90 days before NVC received it. She said that just because I received an approval letter, it didn't mean that the file was mailed immediately. Another waiting game. I have decided, for my own sanity, to just go day by day. My husband and I wanted to be together for our first wedding anniversary, but it seems as though that won't happen. I wouldn't be able to take off from work.

We are all in this together; fears, waiting, and happiness alike. I am just glad that Skype exists.

“ Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Today we got reply email from NVC and a little excited that anyway looks like someone touched our case, but still frustrated that we don't know how long they will take for this checking with USCIS. Here is the email we got:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) has received your

inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.

Unfortunately, we do not have record of receiving your approved petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The NVC will contact

USCIS on your behalf for information on the location of this petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called the USCIS and the rep told me it could take 30 to 90 days before NVC received it. She said that just because I received an approval letter, it didn't mean that the file was mailed immediately. Another waiting game. I have decided, for my own sanity, to just go day by day. My husband and I wanted to be together for our first wedding anniversary, but it seems as though that won't happen. I wouldn't be able to take off from work.

We are all in this together; fears, waiting, and happiness alike. I am just glad that Skype exists.

yup you r ryt..me and my wife also thinkin to celebrate 1st anniversary together..but this bad luck ..uscis also said me that it takes up to 90 days..now i am calling to nvc but nothing to do untill uscis forward it..we only can pray to god nothing to do more because all worthless until uscis forward it..we hope after receiving our file nvc process fast coz we r waiting so long as compare to others ..goodluck to u.

Today we got reply email from NVC and a little excited that anyway looks like someone touched our case, but still frustrated that we don't know how long they will take for this checking with USCIS. Here is the email we got:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) has received your

inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.

Unfortunately, we do not have record of receiving your approved petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The NVC will contact

USCIS on your behalf for information on the location of this petition.

After this email, USCIS took 3 days to send it (the status on USCIS page changed) and it took 1 week to arrive to NVC after the status change.

hey its most happy day for me

i got mail from nvc that says my application is now eligible for further processing and they issue visa number..guys its take 41days..thank u god.now i hope it will go fast.

Congratulations! Now maybe our time will come soon?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Congrats guys!! NVC received my case 2 days ago. I'm hopeful for next week!!

Xagit, when did NVC receive your case?

HKTW, Thank you for your helpful info!

jaejayC, here are my dates:

5/25/12 (Friday): USCIS NOA2 email notice received.

6/18/12 (Monday): Case arrived in NVC

6/21/12 (Thursday): NVC case number and IIN assigned, but NVC rep couldn't add our email addresses since my case file was being accessed by someone else at NVC at the same time, i.e. probably someone was manually entering in all my case info at that time.

6/22/12 (Friday): Successfully added my wife (beneficiary) email address to my case. The NVC already had my (petitioner) email address on file.

6/25/12 (Monday): Sent out DS-3032 template email using my wife's email address.

Edited by Xagit

Timeline

HKTW, Thank you for your helpful info!

jaejayC, here are my dates:

5/25/12 (Friday): USCIS NOA2 email notice received.

6/18/12 (Monday): Case arrived in NVC

6/21/12 (Thursday): NVC case number and IIN assigned, but NVC rep couldn't add our email addresses since my case file was being accessed by someone else at NVC at the same time, i.e. probably someone was manually entering in all my case info at that time.

6/22/12 (Friday): Successfully added my wife (beneficiary) email address to my case. The NVC already had my (petitioner) email address on file.

6/25/12 (Monday): Sent out DS-3032 template email using my wife's email address.

So.... about an hour after the DS-3032 email was sent out, I received two related email about AOS & bar-coded DS3032 PDF forms (one email was addressed to my wife and cc me, and other email one was addressed to me and cc my wife) and telling us that my case is now "eligible for further processing". I logged onto the payment portal and saw the invoice being generated and I promptly paid the $88 AOS bill. I am not sure if the DS-3032 template email being sent an hour earlier has any connection to the two emails that I just received from NVC. But I thought I'll just bring this up to share my experience...

Edited by Xagit

Called NVC, still no package. Concerned and frustrated.

So.... about an hour after the DS-3032 email was sent out, I received two related email about AOS & bar-coded DS3032 PDF forms (one email was addressed to my wife and cc me, and other email one was addressed to me and cc my wife) and telling us that my case is now "eligible for further processing". I logged onto the payment portal and saw the invoice being generated and I promptly paid the $88 AOS bill. I am not sure if the DS-3032 template email being sent an hour earlier has any connection to the two emails that I just received from NVC. But I thought I'll just bring this up to share my experience...

No, there's no connection. NVC hasn't even gotten to your DS-3032 email yet.

Timeline

No, there's no connection. NVC hasn't even gotten to your DS-3032 email yet.

Thanks Saylin!!

By the way, your NVC guides and FAQ section are so helpful! Thank you so much for putting the time & effort to organize all these info for all of us!

You are welcome!

I sent my DS3032 When I just got my case number in 10 minutes. :rofl:

Now, I am waiting for DS3032 be accepted.

Then IV bill be invoiced :dance:

I-130 NOA1:2011/10/17(217 days)

After 187 days REF:2012/4/24(email)

REF:2012/5/7(mail)-stupid photo

REF Sent:2012/5/8

REF reviewing:2012/5/15

Approved NOA2 :2012/5/21(email)2012/5/24(mail)

NVC (66 days)

NVC Received case:2012/6/11 (22days/15 business days)

case no.assigned:2012/6/19 (8 days/6 business days since NVC received case)

DS-3032 sent: 2012/6/19 wrong case no. resent:2012/6/20

AOS I-864 Bill : 2012/6/21

Pay I-864 Bill:2012/6/22(Fri),6/25(Mon) showed as PAID

DS-3032 accepted : 2012/6/28

Receive IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/29

Pay IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/30(Fri),7/3(Mon) showed as PAID

Return Completed I-864 :2012/7/10,arrived:2012/7/13,accepted:2012/7/20

Medical:2012/7/13 received result:2012/7/24

Return Completed DS-230 :2012/7/14,arrived:2012/7/23,accepted:2012/7/26

Case Completed at NVC :2012/7/26

Interview date assigned+P4 interview letter :2012/8/3(8 days since case completed)

Interview date :2012/9/25 OMG flying to Sydney

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa issued:2012/09/26 (received an email notice)

Visa Received :2012/09/28(Yeah...got it!!)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.