lvilla

EAD and AP - Are they approved together?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!

Currently I´m in the middle of the AOS process for my husband...

We filed for AOS on the first days of April, then he got his biometrics on May 16th and on May 18th we were told the case had been moved to California (we filed in Chicago). With form I-495 we also filed I-131 and 1-765.

I checked the status case and saw that our card production had been ordered today!

"Your Current Case Status for Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION ";)

We are extremely happy, however, now that we noticed closely, it seems that just form I-765 was approved. What happened to I-131? I think I heard that they were produced together as a single card now, but now I´m worried that his AP wasn´t approved.

Is this how it normally shows while checking your status online? Is it OK it doesn´t specify FORM 1-765 AND FORM I-131 for Advance Parole?

I would appreciate some comments from people who have done this process and if you could tell me this is how it usually displays. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, my husband came in with a K-1 visa and his POE was in Chicago on January 26th, 2012 :D

Thank you very much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

My husband's I-765 was approved and there wasn't a change in status for the I-131. I was confused as well until we received the work permit card in the mail and at the bottom of it it said that is functioned for AP as well. Nice little combo! Chances are that that is the way your's is as well. The work permit should come with paperwork that explains this and it will also be stated on the bottom of the card as I said previously. Hope this helps you out! If things go for you like they did for us you should be all set! We've been approved for a Green Card and if I check the status of AP there still isn't a change in its status even though he is approved for it. :) Best of luck.

Sent I-129F: June 25th, 2011

NOA1: June 28th, 2011

Case "Touched": July 1st, 2011

NOA2: November 14th, 2011

NVC sent to Dublin Embassy: November 23rd, 2011

Dublin Embassy Received: November 28th, 2011

Medical: December 7th, 2011

Packet 3 Received: December 12, 2011

Packet 3 Sent: December 13, 2011

Packet 4 Received: January 5th, 2012

Interview: January 19th, 2012.......We're APPROVED!!!!!....

Flying to U.S.: February 15th, 2012

Married on: March 10th, 2012 :)))))) & today I will marry my best friend

NOA2 after 139 days

Filed AOS ( I-485, I-765, I-131): March 14th, 2012

Timeline

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

The only thing that worries me NOW is that we never got a separate bar code for I-131, we just had (on the biometrics appointment) a case number for I-485 and for I-765, and since we had read it AP and EAD was one same card now... we didn´t freak out. Now that you tell me that you could check EAD case status by itself... then I´m worried! I couldn´t check individually since I only got the I-765 :(

UH OH

Maybe they missed something? We sent all the photographs for each form and everything seemed fine.

I called USCIS and they said there´s no way in telling if the card includes AP or not until I receive it. No help at all :(

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Again, thank you very much for your reply :)

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

The only thing that worries me NOW is that we never got a separate bar code for I-131, we just had (on the biometrics appointment) a case number for I-485 and for I-765, and since we had read it AP and EAD was one same card now... we didn´t freak out. Now that you tell me that you could check EAD case status by itself... then I´m worried! I couldn´t check individually since I only got the I-765 :(

UH OH

Maybe they missed something? We sent all the photographs for each form and everything seemed fine.

I called USCIS and they said there´s no way in telling if the card includes AP or not until I receive it. No help at all :(

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Again, thank you very much for your reply :)

I-131 doesn't need your fingerprints. that's why there were only two bar codes.

Don't worry

jF5Jm7.png

AOS from F1:
Day0 -- 2012.05.08 Sent packet through USPS
Day1 -- 2012.05.09 Packet delivered at 1:29pm
Day7 -- 2012.05.15 Emails/texts acceptance confirmation at 5:16pm
Day8 -- 2012.05.16 Checks been cashed in the morning
Day11--2012.05.19 I-797C 4 hard copies received.
Day14--2012.05.22 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for June 5th.
Day15--2012.05.23 Biometrics Completed at 1:30pm (2 weeks earlier than the scheduled date)
Day27--2012.06.04 Card production ordered for EAD&AP
Day28--2012.06.05 Second card production ordered email received for EAD.(why?)
Day30--2012.06.07 EAD&AP Combo Card mailed
Day32--2012.06.09 EAD&AP Combo Card received
Day98--2012.08.14 Interview scheduled for Sep.18th @12:30pm(thank god I don't have school that day)
Day100-2012.08.16 Interview notice hard copy received
Day133-2012.09.18 Interview!! I-485 updated to Card Production around 3:30pm
Day134-2012.09.19 Online Update: I-130 approved; I-485 New permanent Resident Status Registered.
Day136-2012.09.21 Second Card production Email.
Day141-2012.09.26 GreenCard received. (Done for 2 years!)

ROC:

Day0 -- 2014.07.07 Sent package to CSC by USPS

Day1 -- 2014.07.08 Package delivered

Day3 -- 2014.07.10 Check has been cashed

Day4 -- 2014.07.11 I-797 Hard Copy Received

Day12--2014.07.19 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for Aug 5th.

Day23--2014.07.30 Biometrics Completed @1pm (6 days early)

Day95--2014.10.10 Card Production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have receipts/Noa1 for all three. The online status updated to approved on the AP but nothing more after that. EAD updated to approved and then card production. Don't put all your trust into the online case status; some people never get updates.

Wait until you receive the card in mail, and if there's a mistake/missing AP, make an infopass appointment.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you got an NOA1 for AP then don't worry. Biometrics is only for AOS and EAD. Wait and see what you get.

Timeline

If you got an NOA1 for AP then don't worry. Biometrics is only for AOS and EAD. Wait and see what you get.

I didn´t get NOA for AP ... but neither for EAD... Just AOS.

Odd because for the Biometrics I did get both barcodes (AOS and EAD) and both processes had their own case number. The mail service in my city is know for being really inept, though. I hope that´s what happened and they lost the NOA for AP/EAD.

Thanks for all your kind replies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I didn´t get NOA for AP ... but neither for EAD... Just AOS.

Odd because for the Biometrics I did get both barcodes (AOS and EAD) and both processes had their own case number. The mail service in my city is know for being really inept, though. I hope that´s what happened and they lost the NOA for AP/EAD.

Thanks for all your kind replies!

Did you submit the G-1145 to get your email/text notification?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I did the same for my wife. We filed all three forms together. They gave us a NOA and I keep checking the case status on the website. They also moved my case to California. I checked the other case number for the EAD and AP. The website stated it was ordered. We got it about a week later. The card has both EAD and AP. We used it to get her Social Security card. I request an extension to file our taxes just because she didn't have an SS number.

Read the card carefully, check for errors. My wife's card had the wrong effective date and her name was spelled wrong. :crying: We had to request a correction and mail it back with our marriage certificate. This process to about 2 months to get the new card.

Timeline

I did the same for my wife. We filed all three forms together. They gave us a NOA and I keep checking the case status on the website. They also moved my case to California. I checked the other case number for the EAD and AP. The website stated it was ordered. We got it about a week later. The card has both EAD and AP. We used it to get her Social Security card. I request an extension to file our taxes just because she didn't have an SS number.

Read the card carefully, check for errors. My wife's card had the wrong effective date and her name was spelled wrong. :crying: We had to request a correction and mail it back with our marriage certificate. This process to about 2 months to get the new card.

Thanks for your reply!

My question is... when you checked your EAD/AP status online... did you get just the message that EAD was approved? Mine says nothing about AP, it just says: your EAD card has been produced, etc. Does that mean that BOTH of them will be included in the card? What freaks me out is the status not mentioning BOTH forms... just EAD.

Argh! I´m losing my mind :(

Another question... how long can you be away with the AP card?

Thank you!

I only ever got status updates/notifications about my EAD. I never heard a thing about my AP. But when you receive the EAD, it will say on the bottom of the card that it also serves as your AP. I'm assuming this is why you only get notification for one - the EAD is the main purpose of the card.

• 5 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi. I got an approval letter for ap but nothing about my ead.Does this mean i will be getting the combo card or just the ap?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.