sarah86

COUSIN'S HUSBAND MARRIED HER FOR GC

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

scottjess I will be sending you an invitation to attend our seminary about abuse(mental and physical)and you will be able to understand the abuse dynamic. Violence is not just threat,physical force, use of knives/guns or kidnapping. Many forms of psychological or emotional abuse are crimes, and usually the perpetrators use threats,intimidation and harassment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like they are both US citizens and citizens of another country, which one may be significant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

It would be hard to get him deported. Basically her word against his and you even stated that she married him knowing the marriage was a sham. So they both broke Federal law and are just as guilty as the other in that regard. As far as him "deporting" her. There's only so much he could have done to force her before she acted on her own. If she didn't want to leave once she got through airport security she could have asked for help. Best advice for her is to move on. Get a divorce and start living her life and not get caught up in this vicious cycle of revenge or they both may wind up sitting in a Federal prison.

Edited by dm559

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

At least 3 years of marriage? If this was a CR1 it doesn't take years to get a GC. Marriages do dissipate. Even if your cousin had dual citizenship SHE would not be deported by HIM. If there is as much going on as you say it would seem the best thing is for her to be away from him. Apparently your cousin is capable of making decisions on her own, because no one has guardianship over her nor did her parents intervene.

Edited by Olomi_811

Does she work? It sounds like her best option is to stay with her family. Why bother coming back here?

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

i agree divorce him send copies to ice with statments from friends and family how was treated and if they beleive he married for visa and since a child he should pay child support their are many womens rights lawyers around that beleives as i do DEAD BEAT parents are useless she could even return different stae so he not know till everything is already in legal hands

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i agree divorce him send copies to ice with statments from friends and family how was treated and if they beleive he married for visa and since a child he should pay child support their are many womens rights lawyers around that beleives as i do DEAD BEAT parents are useless she could even return different stae so he not know till everything is already in legal hands

This is the way I see it as well, divorce is the first and most important step, followed by a restraining order.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She needs a police report and and an attorney as Anh map said, maybe counseling would help a great deal and decide where she wants to live, good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you all so much! I really do appreciate all your replies.

as for those questioning how he could send her off against her will, Laura&Nando explained very well how such a thing could be possible, thank you Laura&Nando.

the only relative she has here is myself, and if there was anything she could do even with just pressing charges if not deporting I would do my best to help but none is possible without proof which may or may not exist. I will relay all your messages to her and let her decide but Im going to tell her to just not to drag out the divorce process, be done with it and just move on, I think as well as you all do that this is basically the best if not the only option for her, this a-hole isnt even worth a revenge.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.