seanoneone

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT SPONSOR??

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My uncle will be sponsoring my petition. He mentioned to me he filed an extension for 2011 taxes, I do not want that to hold up our visa process. He makes more then enough money so will it be possible to bring in other documents? I can get 2009 and 2010 Tax Returns...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My uncle will be sponsoring my petition. He mentioned to me he filed an extension for 2011 taxes, I do not want that to hold up our visa process. He makes more then enough money so will it be possible to bring in other documents? I can get 2009 and 2010 Tax Returns...

If he filed an extension then provide a copy of the extension he filed. It will state his income. It MIGHT work. It would be best to provide the actual tax return but if he is employed, meaning he has a "job" instead of being in business for himself, "self employed" then his current income can be documented with a pay stub. For the self employed, current income must come from the 2011 tax return.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Do I take the i-134 and i-864 to the interview or mail it?

For a K1 it's the I-134. Follow the instructions of the Consulate as to whether to mail it to them or carry it to the interview. This varies.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Push, so your telling me I don't even need i-864? My uncle is sponsoring and I'm running out of time. He filed extension for 2011 so we were going to use his assets...They never mailed me anything, just sent me an email with a check list and nothing about affidavit of support and where to send it. They also never mailed me fiance anything either....

Timeline

Push, so your telling me I don't even need i-864? My uncle is sponsoring and I'm running out of time. He filed extension for 2011 so we were going to use his assets...They never mailed me anything, just sent me an email with a check list and nothing about affidavit of support and where to send it. They also never mailed me fiance anything either....

Sounds like you have some Consulate specific research to do but NO, the I-864 will not be used until it's time to adjust status. The I-134 is used to obtain the visa, so one from you and one from the qualified sponsor.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I need help with this, too. My dad's my cosponsor and he doesn't have his 2011 taxes filed yet. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

According to your timeline, you just filed the petition, correct? You won't need the I-134 document until the beneficiary goes to the interview in London, which will likely be early next year going by current estimates. So, as long as your father files his taxes by the end of the year, you should be fine to get the needed information in time.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sean, you just have to mail the supporting documents (of your uncle) to the embassy! And your fiancee will tell them you have mailed them, so they'll let her in. 2011 extension is exactly what we did as well, don't worry!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

According to your timeline, you just filed the petition, correct? You won't need the I-134 document until the beneficiary goes to the interview in London, which will likely be early next year going by current estimates. So, as long as your father files his taxes by the end of the year, you should be fine to get the needed information in time.

Thanks for the reassurance. Unfortunately, hearing it won't be until early next year is a bummer. Oh well... nothing can be done about that. I'm kicking myself for not proposing and sending things in a couple months earlier, while she still had plenty of time here.

Edited by mjqjazzbar

Timeline

Sean, you just have to mail the supporting documents (of your uncle) to the embassy! And your fiancee will tell them you have mailed them, so they'll let her in. 2011 extension is exactly what we did as well, don't worry!

I will be attending the interview and bringing all the documents with me. We will take the extension as well as w-2's, also he has quite a bit of assets as well that we are disclosing. So you think we will be ok?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I will be attending the interview and bringing all the documents with me. We will take the extension as well as w-2's, also he has quite a bit of assets as well that we are disclosing. So you think we will be ok?

I'm sure you'll be ok! Do you have your uncle's salary statement or letter of employment? And if he is self employed, his bank statement?

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.