michaelhill

RFE help (Confused)

32 posts in this topic

Perhaps also include some more letters that are addressed to both of you, or if you don't have it, then letters that are addressed to you separately, but at the same address. Best to use some kind of "official" mail if you can (we figured USCIS may be more inclined to believe mail that is printed on special letterhead/paper), for example, we included jury summons, social security statements where we highlighted the same address.

Good luck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ask the landlord an affidavit stating you leave in the house with your husband since xxxx. Get in the google some health power of attorney file out and notarize(one for each one). IF you bought something online send copy of the invoices showing the adress where they delivered the stuffs.

Filed: Timeline

Perhaps also include some more letters that are addressed to both of you, or if you don't have it, then letters that are addressed to you separately, but at the same address. Best to use some kind of "official" mail if you can (we figured USCIS may be more inclined to believe mail that is printed on special letterhead/paper), for example, we included jury summons, social security statements where we highlighted the same address.

Good luck

We also sent that kind of stuff to them. Thanks for the reply.

Ask the landlord an affidavit stating you leave in the house with your husband since xxxx. Get in the google some health power of attorney file out and notarize(one for each one). IF you bought something online send copy of the invoices showing the adress where they delivered the stuffs.

We thought about the landlord affidavit. But she tends to get all nervous every time she has to fix stuff in the house, and freaks out. So, she probably will think I am an illegal immigrant or I have some type of problem with the law...these people tend to make up their own conclusions. I will try and ask her though. We got a friend and my wife's mother affidavit, notarized...but I guess that wasn't enough for the agent. I wish they simply came by and stayed with us for a few days, that way they could see WE ARE MARRIED.

I buy most of my stuff online, so that's a GREAT point I didnt think of. Thanks a lot for that.

Tax transcripts?

We sent tax transcripts already...we filed jointly (I guess that didn't help neither!). I really don't know what their problem is, but the stress this is putting on us is huge. Fortunately, you guys are giving me some good ideas so I can send all kinds of evidence to them.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

We sent tax transcripts already...we filed jointly (I guess that didn't help neither!). I really don't know what their problem is, but the stress this is putting on us is huge. Fortunately, you guys are giving me some good ideas so I can send all kinds of evidence to them.

Thanks

Oh okay. In your first post you say you submitted the tax returns (the 1040). My understanding is that sometimes RFEs are issued for the transcripts themselves because the 1040 isn't good enough. But if you've already submitted the transcripts, than disregard my comment.

Oh okay. In your first post you say you submitted the tax returns (the 1040). My understanding is that sometimes RFEs are issued for the transcripts themselves because the 1040 isn't good enough. But if you've already submitted the transcripts, than disregard my comment.

I sent the ones that you request from the IRS. I believe those are the transcripts...I am so confused with so many details now. I requested another 2 years yesterday again. Now I have to wait 5-10 days to receive them. I am not even sure if those are the transcripts or not.

One interesting thing I didn't mention is, when I first applied 2 years ago, I sent half the evidence I sent this time, and it worked out. Strange.

Edited by michaelhill

I sent the ones that you request from the IRS. I believe those are the transcripts...I am so confused with so many details now. I requested another 2 years yesterday again. Now I have to wait 5-10 days to receive them. I am not even sure if those are the transcripts or not.

One interesting thing I didn't mention is, when I first applied 2 years ago, I sent half the evidence I sent this time, and it worked out. Strange.

Another thing, I am trying to check my case status online and it is not working. I have tried for 2 days. I called and tried over the phone, and not working neither.

Another thing, I am trying to check my case status online and it is not working. I have tried for 2 days. I called and tried over the phone, and not working neither.

Case status online is definitely unreliable, a lot of VJ members do not get any kind of update for months, we didn't any updates after the first NOA, and then received 6 emails after the approval all about the same update. You can call the customer service line, but be aware that they provide fairly poor information on a regular basis.

Case status online is definitely unreliable, a lot of VJ members do not get any kind of update for months, we didn't any updates after the first NOA, and then received 6 emails after the approval all about the same update. You can call the customer service line, but be aware that they provide fairly poor information on a regular basis.

Thanks Jjbandero. I have tried their customer service but the information they provide is poor. In fact, last time I had to provide them with information they didn't know about. It was about changing address. My wife had to notify them, with a form, mailed to them (besides me filling the online form). They kept saying she didn't need to, since she is American. I had to provide them with a link and the specific rules. They were nice and all, but they didn't have the info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

are you using the number on the biometrics letter to look up your case?

The NOA1 number is not the correct number to use, the biometrics number is.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

are you using the number on the biometrics letter to look up your case?

The NOA1 number is not the correct number to use, the biometrics number is.

Hi Inky, I didn't know that. Yes, I was using the NOA number that came with the RFE letter. Thanks for that. I will give it a try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.