a1v

Can a Embassy Denie K1 Visa?

22 posts in this topic

Ugh that lawyer just sounds like he's trying to basically take money off you and just give you false information. From what I know there ARE options if a k-1 is denied. As the others said you could meet up again (you and your partner) marry and then go ahead with a k-3 visa. Please really really consider dropping this lawyer for a better one. With all the visa fees you don't need to be handing out money if he isn't really going to help you out.

May I ask why you decided to have a lawyer help with your case? Apart from the age is there any particular reason you thought you may need help making a strong enough case? It might help if you explain how big this cap is and if any of you are underage.

There are loads of ads on this website for lawyers that help with K-1. Perhaps check those out? I'm sure there rates are better and that they will be more help to you!

BTW welcome to VJ :blush:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, the thing here is (and I hope Atif doesnt mind me saying this ) is that the female is older than the male. Everyone keeps saying age difference is not a problem, and thats very true i f its reversed. But its not the "norm" for most cultures to accept that a female is much older than the male in the relationship. He is from Pakistan, my fiance is from India. Both countries find this a "suspectful" circumstance, and it is a big deal for them when it comes to deciding our cases.

Hope this helps every one to understand his nervousness.

Vicki/Bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Ugh that lawyer just sounds like he's trying to basically take money off you and just give you false information. From what I know there ARE options if a k-1 is denied. As the others said you could meet up again (you and your partner) marry and then go ahead with a k-3 visa. Please really really consider dropping this lawyer for a better one. With all the visa fees you don't need to be handing out money if he isn't really going to help you out.

May I ask why you decided to have a lawyer help with your case? Apart from the age is there any particular reason you thought you may need help making a strong enough case? It might help if you explain how big this cap is and if any of you are underage.

There are loads of ads on this website for lawyers that help with K-1. Perhaps check those out? I'm sure there rates are better and that they will be more help to you!

BTW welcome to VJ :blush:

Lawyer is Lier :(

thanx every body for Some Advices , Still need More Courage

She Decided to have a Lawyer because she hates filling forms and we thought that it is a Complicated process and procedure(as i was not on VJ that Time)

But now i realised and Decided if lawyer said he can do by taking money we can do too, by the help of "VJs"

thnx for Welcoming me , i m here from november :D

Hey guys, the thing here is (and I hope Atif doesnt mind me saying this ) is that the female is older than the male. Everyone keeps saying age difference is not a problem, and thats very true i f its reversed. But its not the "norm" for most cultures to accept that a female is much older than the male in the relationship. He is from Pakistan, my fiance is from India. Both countries find this a "suspectful" circumstance, and it is a big deal for them when it comes to deciding our cases.

Hope this helps every one to understand his nervousness.

Vicki/Bala

thanx Vicki

Exactly ,

Vicki Described Well what i m Worried About :wacko:

Filed: Timeline

meddykomp,

How does that solve the problem? If the consular officer does not believe that a relationship is bonafide, it won't make any difference whether the relationship is pre-marriage or post-marriage. Getting married does not remove the issue of a bonafide relationship.

Yodrak

..... If you are concerned about the age hurting your fiance visa application, you have the option of getting married first and then applying for a spouse visa instead. .....

Timeline

Altif brother.. dont listen to lawayer, be strong, keep following your heart. Embassy might question, however keep supplying them your proof of relationship.

Preyers and Strength is better than any lawyer :yes:

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline
Altif brother.. dont listen to lawayer, be strong, keep following your heart. Embassy might question, however keep supplying them your proof of relationship.

Preyers and Strength is better than any lawyer :yes:

yes u r Right and your Support is really Helpfull

Thank u so much Do remember me in Prayers too

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Atif just get your evidence together and have everything organized for your interview. And pray about it. I pray daily for everyone on VJ and will continue to remember you as well. Stay positive and take it one day at a time and no need for a lawyer.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.