scarlettfinne

Frustrated with NVC

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the thing you sign at the wedding is not what the NVC wants.. they want the certificate you are supposed to get in the mail a few weeks after your wedding.. it looks something like this.. although other province's certificates might look a little different..

Now I'm a little bit jealous, we never received anything in the mail after our marriage (in Alberta). We had to go to the registry to get another copy of our marriage license. (I will say though USCIS and NVC accepted the marriage license we received at the ceremony with our signatures and the witnesses and the guy performing the wedding, I wonder if it was just a fluke for us).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Now I'm a little bit jealous, we never received anything in the mail after our marriage (in Alberta). We had to go to the registry to get another copy of our marriage license. (I will say though USCIS and NVC accepted the marriage license we received at the ceremony with our signatures and the witnesses and the guy performing the wedding, I wonder if it was just a fluke for us).

we sent in the document we signed at the ceremony because our silly lawyer said it would be good enough but of course the USCIS sent us an RFE a few months after we had sent in our application so we had to send in the certified certificate.. If we would have just waited a few weeks for the certificate, it would have saved us a few months :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I wonder if at my husbands interview tomorrow now if they will ask for something different and maybe USCIS and NVC just kinda dropped the ball when looking through our documents ugh. All we have is our original thing from the ceremony (there is the raised stamp imprint thingy on it) and our original application for our marriage license. Oh well I will just pray they dont ask for something more at his interview:)

Timeline

FYI - I never said you didn't send an original. I was responding to the person who was freaking out saying they had only sent a copy of theirs.

Oh no problem.... I'm just kinda worried that Land Registry here in Ontario is going to tell me they don't have my

Timeline

FYI - I never said you didn't send an original. I was responding to the person who was freaking out saying they had only sent a copy of theirs.

Oh no problem. I'm just worried that the Land Registry Office here in Ontario isn't going to have my proper marriage certificate. It's just the way this entire process has gone for us. I think my husband and I may actually set a world record for the longest CR1/IR1 visa process lol! Oh well.... one of these days we will actually be able to live together in the same country... here's hoping.

Timeline

My husband had his interview yesterday and the original marriage certificate that we received at our wedding ceremony was fine for them. I don't know if maybe ours was somehow different then allot get at their weddings but ours was fine for the interviewer. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.