Callum and Katie

NOA2--> NVC---> London Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all!

My fiance and I just received our NOA2 on May 17th, and the NVC still doesn't have our case. I was wondering if anyone else ran into it taking more than 15 days to go through? I've called everyday and every person I speak with has a different take! I've also been in touch with my senator's office and they have a whole different take on it- so needless to say we are very confused-! The senator's office said that once it gets to the NVC they will probably ask us for more information, even if we gave them loads to begin with. Yet, everything I've heard is to the contrary- that the NVC just files it and gives it the new case number and sends it on its way. Does anyone from experience know which answer is the truth? Also does anyone know ( not from what websites say but from experience) about how long it takes from the NOA2 until the embassy appointment! I would really appreciate people from the UK answering since my fiance is English and will go to the London consulate. I would appreciate any help!

I know that all of you are probably waiting just like me, frustrated with the lengthy separation, so thank you in advanced for taking the time and good luck to you all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello ...

If you look my timeline u will notice that i needed to wait to long ..

I waited for NOA2 5 months and 3 days

so i thought oh maybe now it will be faster .. no way .. after that i had to wait from may7th till may 31st to have some good and bad news ... cause after many emails sent to NVCinquiry and NVCsearch i thought they lost my case .. cause some ppl happened that ... so i was freaking out .. so I told my fiance to call USCIS to ask whats going on one more time .. he had a good luck to talk to a supervisor that said the true .. well we sent your case on the may 29th to NVC .. when the lady said it .. he asked why ? why so long .. she said .. We dont send in the next day .. some oficials are more fast some more slow .. and keep the cases in some boxes before sending .. so they can send in a bulk ... probably what happened .. so that was a bad news of waiting and good news to know they didnt lose it .. after that took pretty fast .. on june 1st my fiance called NVC just to give a try ...lol maybe was impossible so fast to arrive ... oh well on june first arrived and they got our RDJ number from NVC .. so finally we had a number case .. and on june 4th they sent to consulate .. arrived in consulate on june 6th .. and I got a interview date just today ... after some days .. we tried by consulate .. but after so many tries .. he called DOS = Departament of state .. (tip of some vj guy ) so we got .. and after it received the email from the consulate stating my interview will be in July 17th ...

be patient ... pretty sure ur case is waiting to be sent with other ones ..

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The recent time is now 3 to 4 weeks so you are still within the time range - just be a bit more patient :star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for such a quick response! I am so happy for you that you have an interview date- well slightly jealous- but mostly happy for you! I have heard that they wait to send it in a pack- so I bet you are right, I bet that is what has happened! It's all just so frustrating isn't it?

The things we all do for love! Thank you so much! : )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

it depends on what visa you are applying for as to what the NVC asks for. If it's a k-1 the NVC is far more quick after your case number is assigned then if it's a cr1.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Took a couple of weeks for me, maybe just less then two weeks, once you have the LDN number he can go ahead and book his medical and get it over and done with, he can go ahead and get his police check over and done with and if needed he could use this time to get a copy of birth cert if needed and startup gather all the other evidence needed for interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

To the OP - Please fill out your timeline. It will help others assist you in the future!

After NOA2, things become very country specific. I would strongly recommend going to the appropriate sub forum for your Fiancee's country so that you can get the best advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.