lierre

I-130 petition: Do we need NSO marriage certificate?

34 posts in this topic

After your married the local civil registrar reports your marriage to the NSO, then after about 3 weeks you can apply to the NSO for CENMAR, "Certificate of Marriage". This is what you need, and you need about 4 certified copies of this. Also certified copies of Birth Certificate.

Also to change a passport or get a passport in married name you will need to attend the CFO Guidance and Counseling program and get your certificate first before you can apply for a passport. There is no need to get in a hurry, all this takes time, you must wait until you have all the necessary documents before going to CFO. You will need 2 ID's in married name. Postal ID, BC, CENMAR, NBI police clearance showing married name will work.

Takes about 3 weeks to get CENMAR, takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get passport.

• 8 years later...

Hi there I'm new here and we just filed our cr1 visa , i have one question that is kinda related to marriage certificate  , we got  married here in the philippines last 2015 , but in our marriage certificate it shows that we got married in the year of 2016 and also different location, reason is the minister who married us processed everything he did all the work because it will be faster process so he put a different date and place , so my question is should we correct all the details or just follow whats on the certificate , since our pictures didnt show the name of the real venue? and didnt show the exact date of our wedding  ?  

8 minutes ago, dakinmans said:

Hi there I'm new here and we just filed our cr1 visa , i have one question that is kinda related to marriage certificate  , we got  married here in the philippines last 2015 , but in our marriage certificate it shows that we got married in the year of 2016 and also different location, reason is the minister who married us processed everything he did all the work because it will be faster process so he put a different date and place , so my question is should we correct all the details or just follow whats on the certificate , since our pictures didnt show the name of the real venue? and didnt show the exact date of our wedding  ?  

I would advise to start a new topic, rather that jumble it into this one.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.