HollyandSim

Any June 2012 K1 Filers?

211 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to all June Filers,

I'm new to this site, but it has been such a great find and so full of information. I filed my K1 petition on June 20, I sent it express mail to the Lewisville, TX address on the instructions page. I checked the USPS website and confirmed that it was received and signed for on the 21st of June. I still have not received an email/text message, and there is no way of telling if they cashed the money order unless I go to the post office and put a trace on it. I thought that was the safe way to go, I should have wrote a personal check that way at least I would know when it was cashed.

I am kind of worried because everyone here seemed to get a response of at least a text message within a reasonable time, is anyone who filed around the same time still waiting?

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

hey June filers! 1 month down for us. We are taking it one day at a time and hoping it will FLY by! Ian is coming for a visit in September.. its been April since Ive held his hand, feels like forever! Good luck to all of you! Hopefully VSC will speed up a bit! When I say a bit, I really mean a lot! (L)

Vermont Service Center

London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-06-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-06-12

Touched 2012-06-19

event.png

Every day that passes brings me one day closer to forever with my Scotsman

Hi everyone

First post here. Great site - we have been using it as a reference while collecting all our information.

We received our NOA1 on June 27 and would love, love, love to have everything sorted by the new year, even though that may be wishful thinking.

We are not using a lawyer for our case as we have a couple of close friends who have been through the same process. Is anyone else doing it solo?

Good luck to all!

May 20th 2011 - Meet in Chicago through mutual friends.
May 28th 2011 - Start relationship.
Feb 26th 2012 - Engaged!

K-1 JOURNEY
Filed I-129F - Jun 20th 2012
Approved - Dec 12th 2012
Total - 170 days

POE - Jan 20th 2013 Chicago
Married - Feb 26th 2013

AOS JOURNEY
Post AOS, AP, EAD - Mar 4th 2013
I-797C for all 3 - Mar 11th
Biometrics - Apr 4th 2013

AP + EAD Approved - May 10th 2013 (60 days)

Green Card - October 4th 2013

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone

First post here. Great site - we have been using it as a reference while collecting all our information.

We received our NOA1 on June 27 and would love, love, love to have everything sorted by the new year, even though that may be wishful thinking.

We are not using a lawyer for our case as we have a couple of close friends who have been through the same process. Is anyone else doing it solo?

Good luck to all!

Dont worry..so many member here dont use Lawyer,as long as you complete the documents, you will be fine :)

Edited by Da and Di

Hello to all June Filers,

I'm new to this site, but it has been such a great find and so full of information. I filed my K1 petition on June 20, I sent it express mail to the Lewisville, TX address on the instructions page. I checked the USPS website and confirmed that it was received and signed for on the 21st of June. I still have not received an email/text message, and there is no way of telling if they cashed the money order unless I go to the post office and put a trace on it. I thought that was the safe way to go, I should have wrote a personal check that way at least I would know when it was cashed.

I am kind of worried because everyone here seemed to get a response of at least a text message within a reasonable time, is anyone who filed around the same time still waiting?

Hi, is that the Dallas Lockbox? We sent our K1 package off on the 20th June and had email NA01 on the 28th June - and have since recieved hard copy. Have you recieved anything yet?

Hi everyone

Good luck to all!

Hi! We are hoping for XMAS/New Years but know that that is very VERY hopeful! Oh well...time will tell. And no we are not using a lawyer - going solo also! I dont really see why you would need a lawyer unless you have something tricky to get through, its just a case of doing the research and putting in the effort! Good luck to you! :) x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi!!! June filer here as well!! Got the NOA1 on June 6th. It's being processed at Vermont Center! I think it's a great idea to come here and let everyone be updated about possible (I hope not) RFE, etc!! I'm worried because we didn't send any kind of letter to them :( just several evidence that we do have a relation going on, like pictures, hotel receipts, credit card receipts, boarding passes.... As well as birth certificate. Is the intent of marriage letter really a request? Will we be RFE because of that??

Timeline

I hope not even tho I been told that some people have got RFE and some haven't so all we can do is cross our fingers

I'm really worried about the letter now :/ did you all send one ?

I already have my fiancé write one and mail it to me before I get a RFE so if I do need it it's there already and not have to be put on hold for long while I get the letter.... To bad I didn't have the knowledge I have now.

Timeline

the letter of intent is required. if you download the instructions to the I-129F form, you will see that #5 part B asks you to send this letter. you both should go ahead a make one because they will ask for it

I was just checking the instructions and I did not see anywhere asking for a letter of intent ! Requirements are just evidences that we have met each other within 2 years . Maybe I'm missing it? But I read the whole instructions more than once before I sent it, and read again now!

Timeline

I already have my fiancé write one and mail it to me before I get a RFE so if I do need it it's there already and not have to be put on hold for long while I get the letter.... To bad I didn't have the knowledge I have now.

I'll write one ASAP. The thing... On the instructions does not say anywhere that a letter of intent is required.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'll write one ASAP. The thing... On the instructions does not say anywhere that a letter of intent is required.

Yes, it does. Please look at page 3, #5B, refer to Form I-129F instructions.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.