amdevito

Medical Exam

23 posts in this topic

If i would have known the rules, I wouldn't have mentioned anything to SLEC and completed his treatments on our own.

First, for St. Lukes not to know about the child's medical condition and treatment, you would have had to lie to them.

Then, when St. Luke's came up with the same result as the child's doctor did, you would be faced with six months of treatment at St. Lukes instead of five months, assuming you did not admit to lying.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, for St. Lukes not to know about the child's medical condition and treatment, you would have had to lie to them.

Then, when St. Luke's came up with the same result as the child's doctor did, you would be faced with six months of treatment at St. Lukes instead of five months, assuming you did not admit to lying.

Really, I am just venting frustration towards a rediculous policy, especially since you must physically go to ST lukes every morning for a syrup administration. Besides, it's all really a MOO point since he has begun their regime of treatment.

To answer an earlier post, the nurse informed me when I called he will not undergo the culture and sputum test post-treatment, as they will be doing tests periodically throughout his treatment. Granted, this might be difference for other aged children/adults. Mine is 5. Following his remaining treatment, he will be cleared for an interview.

I don't find anything "ridiculous" about St. Luke's TB policies and procedures. TB is a serious disease. People are required to take their medication at St. Lukes to make sure they take it.

Timeline

Well my wife is capable of giving him the rest of his treatment herself without a three bus ride every morning for the next 5 months... As she has been for the past month. Besides, it would show up on his follow-up checkups and tests since his condition would not improve if he wasn't taking his syrup, if not worsen.

Well my wife is capable of giving him the rest of his treatment herself without a three bus ride every morning for the next 5 months... As she has been for the past month. Besides, it would show up on his follow-up checkups and tests since his condition would not improve if he wasn't taking his syrup, if not worsen.

I'm sure every mother is "capable" of completing their child's treatment on their own. However, it's a sad fact that many simply don't do so. If your wife is one of those who would complete the treatment on their own, then she is paying the price for all of those who went before her and didn't complete the treatment on their own.

By the way, if the child didn't complete the treatment, it wouldn't necessarily show up on a follow-up test.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That not the issue, for St. Luke's its verification of treatment... they gotz ta know.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Well, my wife said that he can take the medication at home on the weekends, when the the clinic is closed... So it must be that the nursees enjoys making my wife spend 4 hours every morning and 400php going back and forth to sit in a long cue just for a tablespoon of syrup. Oh, and his xray from St Lukes came up negative.

Now, since he cannot produce sputum for the last 2 attempts (poor kid), he must undergo early morning gastric aspirates for 3 days at ST Lukes hospital in global city, for extra cost to my wife and I... I'm guessing due to lack of alternatives, sky is the limit for the cost of that procedure. I wish I had read the manual on TB procedures before we had this medical exam, cause I certainly could have said a lot of time and money playing the game differently. And my son's health would not be in jeopardy since his treatment would be completed anyway.

That not the issue, for St. Luke's its verification of treatment... they gotz ta know.

Was the BCG vaccine ever administered to the child? The BCG vaccine can cause a false positive on the TB skin test.

Did the child have any other TB symptoms at the time of his original diagnosis?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.