menchandfrank

Why we have not received our NOA1..it's been over 3 weeks!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OK..it's been over a month now and still no NOA1. We are trying to be patient. All our "middleman" is saying is "yeah, yeah, yeah you must be patient.."

Could it be that he did everything "manually" that is why there is a delay? I believe he did not type out the forms but instead just hand wrote all of

the information. Also, he does not have a computer so...

Anyways, we believe that he has not taken our money and ran but wow..

AGAIN...the NOA1 only informs us that our petition was received at the USCIS. Is that correct? Does it have any other significance?

please help! THANK YOU!

U were going to get your money order receipt number from him to verify if the money order has been cashed. Also u say he prepared everything do you not have a copy of everything that was submitted? You will need that and there should be a copy for you.

Writing out the forms shouldn't make no matter to the process and yes that I-797C notice is your notification USCIS received your petition> you really need mister "middleman" to be alittle more forthcoming with info.

He should have provided you with receipt # of money order

copy of the petition packet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Thank you again..we are now getting impatient and doubtful so tomorrow we are asking for the money order receipt number

AND for a copy of the packet he mailed out.

Now we wish we should have paid someone else to help us.

We keep seeing on this forum how people are receiving their Noa1 in a matter of days. So in reality, maybe our petition packet

has not yet been received there because of NO Noa1. Very frustrating

Timeline

Thank you again..we are now getting impatient and doubtful so tomorrow we are asking for the money order receipt number

AND for a copy of the packet he mailed out.

Now we wish we should have paid someone else to help us.

We keep seeing on this forum how people are receiving their Noa1 in a matter of days. So in reality, maybe our petition packet

has not yet been received there because of NO Noa1. Very frustrating

Also I am just so bothered by ur dilemma and also was wondering how was the petition sent in. Registered mail, fedex what? If it was certified u should have been given the tracking number for that.

Please ask Mister middleman what is up. It sure should not take this long.

If its been 30 days maybe u can call and they can check by social security of petitoner. Make those calls now. Good luck

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Early this morning, I called the USCIS customer service. After searching their database, I was told by the agent that they could not find our petition

in their system! I almost fell off my chair!

I told my wife and she contacted this middleman. I was in no right frame of mind to talk to this guy.

Anyways, we are now calling his "main office" in Honolulu.

So back to square one...I guess

Timeline

Early this morning, I called the USCIS customer service. After searching their database, I was told by the agent that they could not find our petition

in their system! I almost fell off my chair!

I told my wife and she contacted this middleman. I was in no right frame of mind to talk to this guy.

Anyways, we are now calling his "main office" in Honolulu.

So back to square one...I guess

Any word? Okay if you do get to find this man you must get the items i mentioned. I have had friends go through this same mess with a lawyer. I don't understand why they don'y give it but of course if not asked they wont sometimes.

you should request:

1. Receipt number of money order( should have been a stub attached to money order you tore off.

2. Complete copy of your petition that was sent in by this person

3. Receipt of any of mailing. How was it mailed certified, etc. Did someone at USCIS have to sign for it so you could track (I know that was recommended here on this site).

I hope and pray all correspondence comes to you (I gather you are the citizen). You did give your address as the address not things coming to him right?

You really need to find out something or you will be waiting maybe for nothing. I pray he didn't take your money. And has a good explanation.

ROC I-751

N-400

Hi dwheels76..

So today I picked up a copy of the I-130 petition packet from the middleman. Also a copy of the USPS money order. I thought I got the receipt for the actual mail out

but I did not. He insists that it was mailed out on May 19th. I think it was more like 2 weeks later. At least I know that he used the money to purchase the money order.

I am currently on the phone again with the USCIS to see if they have received our petition. So it's a waiting game, but we are more hopeful that we will receive

the I-797C soon.

I am a US citizen and the address for all communication is my personal address.

Thank you for your prayers and advice. Updates to follow.. :whistle:

Timeline

Hi dwheels76..

So today I picked up a copy of the I-130 petition packet from the middleman. Also a copy of the USPS money order. I thought I got the receipt for the actual mail out

but I did not. He insists that it was mailed out on May 19th. I think it was more like 2 weeks later. At least I know that he used the money to purchase the money order.

I am currently on the phone again with the USCIS to see if they have received our petition. So it's a waiting game, but we are more hopeful that we will receive

the I-797C soon.

I am a US citizen and the address for all communication is my personal address.

Thank you for your prayers and advice. Updates to follow.. :whistle:

Oh good i feel better because at least the guy is still there and I am sure you right he didn't send it out when he said he did, Do keep me posted. I think its just you and me on this thread hehe. And of course I will constantly keep you in my prayers. I know that notice is coming soon.

Did you by chance fill out a G1145 (The notify by text and or email)? Not that it matters many of us including me filled it out and never got our text or email NOA1 notice I got the I-797C in mail 1 week later. I filed 3/15 (well thats when i mailed out) My notice was 3/19 I received in mail 3/24 tehe harcopy). Some have waited 3 to 4 weeks. So not to worry at least middleman man didn't leave town phewgood.gif

ROC I-751

N-400

Yes, it's a bit of relief. But my frustration and concern now is why he didn't mail out our petition on time. What was his reason for the

uncalled-for delay when he already had our documents in order and fee (plus money for his service) as of May 18th.

I guess I will only know if I ask him directly wihout getting angry...

Please pray that when I confront him, I will be calm :bonk:

I never filled out that G1145, he didn't even mention that to me. Oh well...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh geeze, I'm so sorry for all this. Sounds like a terrible stress for you. I hope everything moves along smoothly from here on out. I don't know how I would have handled all this if I were you. Keep as calm as you can, but definitely let this middleman know how frustrated you are. You have every right to be upset. Just remember though, all of this is pretty much a waiting game. While it seems like it takes forever, it will work itself out in the end.

May 2009: Started talking on a forum online

June 2010: Met in person in Toronto Canada

April 2011: Proposed in Toronto (she accepted!)

September 2011: Last entry into the US (Michigan)

November 2011: Married in Michigan

6/26/12 Sent in I-130 and I-485 packets to Chicago Lock Box

6/27/12 Package delivered to Lock Box (FedEx tracking confirms)

7/02/12 NOA1 email and text message

7/03/12 Checks cashed for I-130 and I-485

7/06/12 Hard copy for NOA1's

7/09/12 Hard copy notice for biometrics on 7/30/12

7/30/12 Biometrics done (Detroit)

8/20/12 Hard copy for interview date on 9/18/12

9/18/12 Interview Date

10/31/12 EAD/AP card received

Oh geeze, I'm so sorry for all this. Sounds like a terrible stress for you. I hope everything moves along smoothly from here on out. I don't know how I would have handled all this if I were you. Keep as calm as you can, but definitely let this middleman know how frustrated you are. You have every right to be upset. Just remember though, all of this is pretty much a waiting game. While it seems like it takes forever, it will work itself out in the end.

Thank you for your concern! Yes I know it is a waiting game. I am soooo happy that we found this forum of like-minded individuals who extend kind support! Take care!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.