Rebecca Jo

Before you permanently move to the US

541 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

No one likes a ging-er. :devil:

Hey I have married 2 so far (delete the "so far" coz that's my bag limit)

By sheer good fortune my kids are blond

everything they say about gingers is true

everything they say about blonds is true

Hope that isn't too follically pigmentalist

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey I have married 2 so far (delete the "so far" coz that's my bag limit)

By sheer good fortune my kids are blond

everything they say about gingers is true

everything they say about blonds is true

Hope that isn't too follically pigmentalist

:lol:

I'm neither of those, so it's fine with me. :devil:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Considering you need to know how many people are in the Welsh Assembly to be considered integrated into British society that's not so far fetched

I find it quite amazing that they need you to know this, who knows that? I tried looking for a list of questions online but apparently you must buy a book to study for the test? I assume your wife got that horrible mess resolved in the end? I can't believe they suggested she should need to leave the country. It reminds me of the new rules. My only option is to leave the US with my newborn child and somehow look after him without my husband, and find a job for 6 months that pays the required amount. My husband would miss out on his own child growing up. The lack of respect for family life is really disgusting.

I find it quite amazing that they need you to know this, who knows that? I tried looking for a list of questions online but apparently you must buy a book to study for the test? I assume your wife got that horrible mess resolved in the end? I can't believe they suggested she should need to leave the country. It reminds me of the new rules. My only option is to leave the US with my newborn child and somehow look after him without my husband, and find a job for 6 months that pays the required amount. My husband would miss out on his own child growing up. The lack of respect for family life is really disgusting.

That wasn't Trompe's wife - mainly because Trompe is a she. :lol:

She pulled that text from a comment on the story she linked to.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I think a much better fact would be about bonfire night and WHEN the effigy on the bonfire changed from the Pope to Guy Fawkes...

Those sorts of facts reveal changes in societal attitudes rather than how many people sit in the Welsh Assembly, which has no cultural 'meaning' and no more relevance to understanding the host community than learning how many otters still remain in Norfolk

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

Here's some sample questions - historians of the middle ages should pass with flying colors

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/quiz/2012/jul/05/uk-citizenship-test

I would prefer questions along the lines of

1. Who is Phil Mitchell

2. Who do you support when England play Germany (the correct answer will depend on the country of residence)

3. What will the weather be like on a bank holiday

90day.jpg

Timeline

Here's some sample questions - historians of the middle ages should pass with flying colors

1. Who is Phil Mitchell

2. Who do you support when England play Germany (the correct answer will depend on the country of residence)

Yanky wife didn't know what I meant when I said "half as much again". The percentage representing this should be a question

Also a translation of "taluv" which was said to her in every shop in Leeds !

moresheep400100.jpg

Though I passed (just), all the ones I missed were indeed medieval history ones. ####### -- we're supposed to know all carpenters were home-grown back then?

I'm going with Trompe's questions.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

1. Who is Phil Mitchell

:lol::thumbs:

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Though I passed (just), all the ones I missed were indeed medieval history ones. ####### -- we're supposed to know all carpenters were home-grown back then?

I'm going with Trompe's questions.

Q What time does to pub shut on bank holiday

A October

moresheep400100.jpg

So........today is the day the Coalition shuts it doors to about 48 percent of British citizens who would like to sponsor a non-EEA spouse.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

So........today is the day the Coalition shuts it doors to about 48 percent of British citizens who would like to sponsor a non-EEA spouse.

A sad day that the people who invented the NHS should contract a case of callousness

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did the test on the Guardian web site, all the questions I asked fell into the Pub Quiz level of general knowledge.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.