Mattph

Is it possible for my fiancé to get a tourist visa from brazil while our I-129F is being processed

6 posts in this topic

My fiancé lives in Brazil, and I live in Dallas. I was wondering if it is possible for her to get a visa to America while her K-1 is still being processed. I would love for her to come here and meet my family before we get married (hopefully if we are approved for the fiancé Visa).

I am visiting her about every 4 months as it is, but I would like to see her more often, of course.

If anyone knows for certain whether this is possible itr not I would really appreciate some guidance. I am posative this question had probably been answered on here a million times but I'm new here lol

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1339353198[/url]' post='5434981']

My fiancé lives in Brazil, and I live in Dallas. I was wondering if it is possible for her to get a visa to America while her K-1 is still being processed. I would love for her to come here and meet my family before we get married (hopefully if we are approved for the fiancé Visa).

I am visiting her about every 4 months as it is, but I would like to see her more often, of course.

If anyone knows for certain whether this is possible itr not I would really appreciate some guidance. I am posative this question had probably been answered on here a million times but I'm new here lol

Matt chances are she will be denied a visa if she applies for one. As part of her tourist visa application she must disclose the reason for her trip and that she is currently waiting for a K-1 will immediately disqualify her for a tourist visa.

Sit tight and sure enough she will soon be here with you.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Yes, she can apply for a tourist visa, and it is possible to be approved. It depends on the totality of her circumstances. Having a K-1 pending does not automatically disqualify one from getting a tourist visa. It will probably make it harder to get, but not impossible.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes, she can apply for a tourist visa. She will have to prove she has no intent to stay though (like every other time she had to get a visa to visit, if she had to get a visa).

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Yes, she can apply for a tourist visa. She will have to prove she has no intent to stay though (like every other time she had to get a visa to visit, if she had to get a visa).

Hi... a thread regarding visiting while the K1 is in process has been pinned to this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

It's entitled "Yes you can visit... not guaranteed you'll get in"

I think that pretty much sums it up. It's technically allowed, but if you need a visa to visit or if you're traveling under the visa waiver program, there might be some issues. Try reading the thread for other people from Brazil? Perhaps ask in the regional forum for people to share their personal experiences?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.