~*Dorothy*~

Another Countdown Thread!!!!!!

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Its not the end of the road, but it is a long journey. I am sorry to say you have now joined our group. But keep in mind, if you can contact your congressman/senator, and convince them of your case there is a slight possibility that they can contact the consulate and get this turned around before they send it back.

There are a few things you need to keep in mind here. They are going to tell you that they have already returned the petition, don't believe them. They told me that they sent ours back the same day as the interview but when I finally got the registry number of the diplomatic pouch that they sent it in it turned out that they held it in Casa for 2 more months.

You are lucky to have gotten out of them the fact that they think you haven't known each other long enough, they didn't divulge anything to many of us that have had our petitions returned. You must start going through your head now for ALL of your red flags not just that you haven't known each other long enough. Be prepared to address every one of them with as much physical evidence as you can.

Being sent back because you haven't known each other very long is very lame, and they know it. I am convinced that they do this when they think the marriage is a fraud but they don't have anything concrete. I think what happens is that the true marriages stay together through this lengthy processes and the fraud one disolve quickly. This is their way of determining the truth without doing the legwork.

There are many many more steps to follow in this process, but the above mentioned is top priority right now.

Now the most important thing to remember is that of our group 2 have now been given the visa and are finally together. My petition has been reaffirmed and we are waiting for a second interview in Casa, so don't give up hope! You need to be strong for this, and keep up your fighting spirit!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience...Erica must be going thru a very difficult time right now and I think your words can help her in keeping the faith and fighting for her cause.

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's terrible :ranting:

Alhamdulilah, though, we have others here who can offer you there first hand experience. I hope that you get this resolved!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry Private. I hope you can get this overturned and find out what really happened.

Also I was just wondering about what they said- how long had you known eachother before deciding to marry ? I read "a few days" in your profile so I was just curious.

Good luck to you!

Sarah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this Private, please follow the advice of the ladies that have been through this. Besides the bickering and fighting on MENA there is a wealth of support and information to be shared. These ladies know their stuff. :thumbs: You will get through this, chin up honey. (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow private....so sorry to hear that. I hope that you are able to find the information and support from those that have already walked that road. I do not know what you are going through, I am here to offer any support. If you need a good lawyer, PM me and I'll send his info. Hugs...

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just noted on your profile that his cousin introduced you. This would be considered a red flag.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
I just noted on your profile that his cousin introduced you. This would be considered a red flag.

Yes, his cousin introduced them and also that they "agreed to get married after a few days". Even that wording sounds strange to me. Hicham and I didn't "agree" to get married... we fell in love and he proposed to me... anyways good luck Private.

I am still wondering how long you had known eachother before deciding to get married?

Filed: Timeline
Yes, his cousin introduced them and also that they "agreed to get married after a few days". Even that wording sounds strange to me. Hicham and I didn't "agree" to get married... we fell in love and he proposed to me... anyways good luck Private.

I am still wondering how long you had known eachother before deciding to get married?

Perhaps she's upset and not really in the mood to be ripped to shreds about her personal decisions today. :star:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How on earth would that be a red flag? That's quite common in Islam to get introduced to someone via family and agree to marry them. Isn't Morroco an Islamic country?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

How on earth would that be a red flag? That's quite common in Islam to get introduced to someone via family and agree to marry them. Isn't Morroco an Islamic country?

because they might think it is an arranged marriage so that his cousin can come to the US and live with him. Family will try to help family out.

Is that what you meant Morocco4ever?

Timeline

Its quite common in the Middle East that is true. However when a green card is involved it changes everything. It is noted as one of the red flags because they may think it might have been arranged. Its also more common between 2 arabs. Not as common between an arab & non-arab.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

They consider it a red flag, I think, because their family could have paid you or made arrangements with you just so you'd bring their family to America.

Timeline

Perhaps she's upset and not really in the mood to be ripped to shreds about her personal decisions today. :star:

Who is ripping her to shreds? I told her I am sorry and I hope she can get this overturned. I also hope that her story will help others in the future and I'm sure she feels the same way.

Timeline

Who is ripping her to shreds? I told her I am sorry and I hope she can get this overturned. I also hope that her story will help others in the future and I'm sure she feels the same way.

I agree with Sarah, VP. Let's not overreact and turn this into something its not. Sarah is just trying to be helpful and pinpoint the reasons for the 221G.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very good point! The CO did say it was due to the length of the relationship though...

Private, when you are up to it, PM me or send me an e mail.

My husband was denied and he is here with me now. It took 1 1/2 years after the first interview to get him here. So there is hope!

chi

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.