~*Dorothy*~

Another Countdown Thread!!!!!!

235 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can you end this thread already, just give private her peace! She has been through enough!

I am sorry you feel we aren't giving Private her peace, that is not my intentions at all.

When our petition was returned I searched desperately for any discussion that was about returned petitions. I wanted to learn, and I wanted to learn it all. Unfortunately there was no such discussions here...I was lost. That was over a year ago, and now you see it discussed left and right. Hopefully all will handle it with facts, support, understanding and kindness.

Actually I have been in contact with Private through PM's, and she is going through what we have all gone through in the past. In fact, my suggestion was that she stayed away from Visa Journey until she collects her thoughts. We have hooked her up with a group that can best help her through this entire process, so she will be well taken care of.

M4, good morning. I have a quick question. Are you a member of the group? Where are you in the process of your case?

I totally agree with you on the denied cases issue and info. When our case was returned (March 05) I knew nothing and no one!!! All I received here was sympathy, which was ok, (I am not complaining about that). But what I needed was help and what do we do now!!!

Thankfully there is now a place for those couples to go who will get the best advice and support.

Hugs :)

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Can you end this thread already, just give private her peace! She has been through enough!

:thumbs: one of the best statements i've seen in about 8 pages

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

What are the many red flags? She asked questions to get him confused and he answered all, she went on and at the end the only thing she could say was that we have not known each other long enough. This makes me sick. I did not know there where time constraints and again it is a K-1 VISA. Fiance not a marriage visa, we get 3 months and then you have to get married.

First off, I'm very sorry to hear of your setback. This sucks, and I hope you can fight it.

But a fiancé visa isn't a 'get-to-know-each-other-better' visa. In order to file it, you have to sign a letter saying you already intend to get married. That's the assumption the government makes: if you're applying for this visa, you already know the person well enough to get married. The three months is there to make it easier to get in the country, get married, and adjust status, not so the couple can see if they like each other well enough.

Now, there's no specific time limit, like you must have known each other a year and a half in person or anything. But because the fiancé visa is for bringing someone here to marry, not to get to know them, they will look at the timeline as one of many things they'll use to figure out if the relationship is legit. We may all use the 90 days to get comfortable with our fiancé, but as far as the government is concerned, we have to be mentally ready on day 1 at the PoE. Saying 'we've only known each other a week but we'll have three months to be sure' isn't going to be convincing as you fight this.

It is funny but I wanted to share one thing with the group, one of my fiance cousins she is here and she is from Morocco. The US citizen was male and he applied for her and they have been marrie dfor 5 years, she and him from start of relationship until the POE was 5 months. So tell me what about time here?

إركا

[

What are the many red flags? She asked questions to get him confused and he answered all, she went on and at the end the only thing she could say was that we have not known each other long enough. This makes me sick. I did not know there where time constraints and again it is a K-1 VISA. Fiance not a marriage visa, we get 3 months and then you have to get married.

Sorry Private, but if you and your fiance handled the process like you handle these massages I can see why you are introuble. You say one thing and then when asked about it , you say that's not what you meant. It's very confusing. I'm sure someone will come after me for being so harsh to you, but i think you should at least consider what I and others have noticed and how it might have impacted your case.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

First off, I'm very sorry to hear of your setback. This sucks, and I hope you can fight it.

But a fiancé visa isn't a 'get-to-know-each-other-better' visa. In order to file it, you have to sign a letter saying you already intend to get married. That's the assumption the government makes: if you're applying for this visa, you already know the person well enough to get married. The three months is there to make it easier to get in the country, get married, and adjust status, not so the couple can see if they like each other well enough.

Now, there's no specific time limit, like you must have known each other a year and a half in person or anything. But because the fiancé visa is for bringing someone here to marry, not to get to know them, they will look at the timeline as one of many things they'll use to figure out if the relationship is legit. We may all use the 90 days to get comfortable with our fiancé, but as far as the government is concerned, we have to be mentally ready on day 1 at the PoE. Saying 'we've only known each other a week but we'll have three months to be sure' isn't going to be convincing as you fight this.

It is funny but I wanted to share one thing with the group, one of my fiance cousins she is here and she is from Morocco. The US citizen was male and he applied for her and they have been marrie dfor 5 years, she and him from start of relationship until the POE was 5 months. So tell me what about time here?

I think you're thoroughly misunderstanding me. There is no required time limit. My only point here is that if the consulate says 'you haven't known each other long enough to be engaged' and your response is 'but we'll have 90 days once he's here to see if we're right for each other', that isn't going to fly.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

Sorry Private, but if you and your fiance handled the process like you handle these massages I can see why you are introuble. You say one thing and then when asked about it , you say that's not what you meant. It's very confusing. I'm sure someone will come after me for being so harsh to you, but i think you should at least consider what I and others have noticed and how it might have impacted your case.

No and it sounds like you are calling me a lier. So I will this alone, but no i did not change what i said.

I think you're thoroughly misunderstanding me. There is no required time limit. My only point here is that if the consulate says 'you haven't known each other long enough to be engaged' and your response is 'but we'll have 90 days once he's here to see if we're right for each other', that isn't going to fly.

I was not there to respond to anything and not the write up on my profile is not what I put on the paper but I did tell the truth. My fiance said if we would have change it up some we woudl have been okay, and I told him that is how America works!

إركا

[

No and it sounds like you are calling me a lier. So I will this alone, but no i did not change what i said.

I SAID your posts are saying one thing and then when asked you correct what you meant. I do not think you are lying. I think you have trouble expressing what you mean on this board CLEARLY.

OR maybe its just me misunderstanding. But if its me, then at least a few people are like me also.

Something to think about.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

It comes from being in SHOCK...when it happened to US...I barely knew anything. Could't think, couldn't do much of anything except cry in disbelief.

Sorry I was the DUMB American who thought I had a RIGHT to marry whom ever I choose to. Ummm, found out I was WRONG.

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

I would suggest using the perceived attacks as a tool. Maybe not now but in a week or two when the shock has settled in more. If you can process the scrutiny here and formulate an effective process, you can carry that over into what you present the USCIS when you receive their notice. Everything that has been said are potential issues they could raise. Use it to make you strong and prepared to respond to them.

It comes from being in SHOCK...when it happened to US...I barely knew anything. Could't think, couldn't do much of anything except cry in disbelief.

Sorry I was the DUMB American who thought I had a RIGHT to marry whom ever I choose to. Ummm, found out I was WRONG.

chi

I understand shock, I even understand bad typing skills (check out my posts for prime examples), but this suggestions comes from reading all of the messages on this forum long before the denial yesterday.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

chi

In this country, we don't have the right to marry whomever we choose. Gay people certainly don't have the right. However, we are free to marry these men, but we don't have the right to bring them here. Immigration is not a right.

Timeline

Ops, I was only responding to her anguish since they were denied. I have not read any prior posts.

chi

I understand shock, I even understand bad typing skills (check out my posts for prime examples), but this suggestions comes from reading all of the messages on this forum long before the denial yesterday.

GAY? WOW. How did that come up?

Ok, once again I am ignorant...I CAN marry anyone I want, I just don't have the RIGHT to have him here in MY country since I could be bringing a criminal or whatever here. I stand corrected mam.

chi

chi

In this country, we don't have the right to marry whomever we choose. Gay people certainly don't have the right. However, we are free to marry these men, but we don't have the right to bring them here. Immigration is not a right.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Ops, I was only responding to her anguish since they were denied. I have not read any prior posts.

chi

GAY? WOW. How did that come up?

Ok, once again I am ignorant...I CAN marry anyone I want, I just don't have the RIGHT to have him here in MY country since I could be bringing a criminal or whatever here. I stand corrected mam.

chi

chi

There is no right to marry whomever you choose. You have a right to marry whomever the laws will allow you to marry. Most marriage laws are handled at the state level, but with immigration then you face federal law.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

mybackpages' advice seems on target here and in the other thread.

Think of it like this. The officer is going to look at the evidence and try to tell a story that best explains the evidence. If the evidence includes a few so-called red flags, that's going to change the story. It seems that in Private's case, from what we've learned, the main flags are no common language, a very short courtship, and the groom's cousin acting as her wali. So the officer tells him or herself a story. Which better explains the evidence, from the officer's point of view? The flags seem to have appeared to the officer a good reason to recommend denial.

What you need to do is re-explain those flags so they fit in with a story that says 'We are a legit couple that intends to marry.'

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.