mkenyanusu

Does this mean my expedite request was approved ??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I recently submitted an expedite request and yesterday i got this email, does this mean my expedite request was approved? Any input from anyone that has experienced this before would be appreciated.

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I recently submitted an expedite request and yesterday i got this email, does this mean my expedite request was approved? Any input from anyone that has experienced this before would be appreciated.

-- Expedite

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke.

It kind of sounds like it, but I don't have the experience to know for sure. It really does seem like it, though. They are essentially promising you to have an answer for you within 45 days. Sometimes NOAs take up to a few months, so I think you are right. Good luck!

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It states that your case is being adjudicated which means it's being reviewed and no longer "sitting in a box". I don't know if it's being adjudicated because the expedite was approved, or if you just got lucky, lol, but it's being reviewed now and that's what matters. I hope you hear something soon. Good luck and be blessed.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Thanks Ben and Jill, Babygurl and bsd058 I hope I get an approval soon..this is my second expedite request they denied the first one in march...Ben and Jill be blessed too for your support and encouragement always..

Timeline

Thanks Ben and Jill, Babygurl and bsd058 I hope I get an approval soon..this is my second expedite request they denied the first one in march...Ben and Jill be blessed too for your support and encouragement always..

You're very welcome...always and anytime. Have a good day :)

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What were your reasons to expedite? Just curious and your case may help others

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Thanks Canadian_wife ...my reason was humanitarian, I told them that sitting on my case for months was equivalent to them torturing my wife and I and know I just threw all my frustration at them over the phone and told them that was my reason to require an expedite.

Timeline

Thanks Canadian_wife ...my reason was humanitarian, I told them that sitting on my case for months was equivalent to them torturing my wife and I and know I just threw all my frustration at them over the phone and told them that was my reason to require an expedite.

I'm going to take an educated guess then and say that your case was not expedited because that would never be a good enough reason for them. Hec, I called them crying because it was taking so long, lolol. It could be they looked at it because you called asking for an expedite twice, or that you just got lucky like I said, and someone grabbed the box with yours in it. I think it's the latter in this case. But, again...it doesn't really matter at this point ~ they're adjudicating it and hopefully you'll hear something soon. ;)

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

I have to agree ....I must have just got lucky coz i even had my congressman 's office do an inquiry about a month ago but never got a responce from USCIS. I either got lucky or they just got tired of my inquiries and requests...whichever the case am glad to see some action on my case though....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

-- Expedite

No, it doesn't mean that. You submitted a petition in January. It is due to be adjudicated now and is actually a little overdue from what I've seen. They are just telling you that the case is finally at or about to be in the front of the line where it should be by now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your case is currently being adjudicated.

Yup, yer case was expedited.

'Adjudicated' means a human, an adjudicator, is looking at it.

Good Luck !

ETA - eh - maybe not. Maybe the answer to the service request (to expedite) is coming back with the actual case status (as a service request is supposed to do that, to tell you of actual, real, case status) and

it just so happened you were in the adjudication desk at the moment USCIS deigned to have a looksee.

Yay, regardless.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi There,

I submitted an expedited Visa Request on October 3. I also contacted my state Senator to act on my behalf. Yesterday I received the following email:

Post Decision Activity

On October 31, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

So, I think that if your application was approved you would have had a more definite response. Good luck and I hope things go well for you.

Susan- (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.