Moh&Tamz

How have your children been with new hubby/fiancee?

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Aw thanks for asking. Yes they are over the moon and really want to see them, but um yea international flight with triplet babies is not happening until after 3 years old...more like 5 years old lol. The other kids are all teenagers, so they dont mind at all, in fact they really love them. Hubby was surprised how much he has to help and this has caused our first real issues in our marriage, but yea, goodbye honeymoon stage for sure! He told me and I am quoting "you just feed them and then put them down to sleep" hahahahaha.....yea. This came form a man who babysat his nieces/nephews and loved babies, etc etc...I dont know, but me thinks he gave back the babies when they cried.

some babies do just eat and sleep. Unfortunately I only had one of those. My youngest has been giving everyone the what for since birth.

She does have what I call "moroccan smarts".That glimmer in her eye and an acute sense of herself in this world.

He probably did give the babies back LOL when they cried.. I wish we could see pics of the triplets

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Being a good step dad is a very hard thing.. step mom too...

Sorry for jumping in here but this topic interests me a great deal. In our situation we both are adjusting to being step-parents. My sons are all late teens and they have all accepted their new step-mom but with varying degrees of closeness. I think they were secretly skeptical at first but now they see we really are in this relationship for real. On my part I will say that one of the very best things of this whole 'journey' has been getting to become 'dad' for my 15 y/o son and 3 y/o daughter! Yes, children are a lot of work. They disrupt your life constantly and can be a huge expense (my daughter developed seizures 36 hours after arrival and before we had any insurance for her!). But the reward of parenting is priceless!! I would not trade any of this! My own sons, as well, are becoming very close to their new step-siblings. While I know little of the unique dynamics of MENA/USA blended families, I would still believe that the biggest factor is less the country or region and much more the individual personal attitudes towards parenting and step-parenting. One of the biggest things that brought my wife and me together was our shared attitude about family and children. Being compatible on this has to be the most important issue of all in my opinion.

james&olya...both of you having kids is much better than one never being a parent before...the one who hadn't had any children (though we have our own together now)doesn't know what tehy are getting into with 3 teens (often other aged kids too) not that someone who hasn't been a parent before can't do a good job, I just think many of them come running in with rose colored glasses lol Sounds like an ideal situation for all of you though! If my hubby had a kid with him when he came, he would have been more understanding at first!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

james&olya...both of you having kids is much better than one never being a parent before...the one who hadn't had any children (though we have our own together now)doesn't know what tehy are getting into with 3 teens (often other aged kids too) not that someone who hasn't been a parent before can't do a good job, I just think many of them come running in with rose colored glasses lol Sounds like an ideal situation for all of you though! If my hubby had a kid with him when he came, he would have been more understanding at first!

Yes, I agree with you that both of us already being parents helped more than a little! In fact, I wasn't really even considering trying to develop an on-line relationship with any of the women I met that had not had children. I admire you and your husband for being able to be certain of your compatibility enough to get married and become new parents together! And triplets!!! That must be very exciting but tiring at the same time! I hope everything continues to go well for your family! :)

Yes, I was certain, but also a bit naive LOL, but thank God it's worked out anyway, it was a bumpy road there for a good year or two. Yes, it's tiring as all hell, but worth it and why oh why do I stay online hours past my bedtime just for a bit of piece and quiet? LOL, I sure do suffer in the morning when they wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed ha ha...glad it's worked out for you and the others here :)

Yes, I was certain, but also a bit naive LOL, but thank God it's worked out anyway, it was a bumpy road there for a good year or two. Yes, it's tiring as all hell, but worth it and why oh why do I stay online hours past my bedtime just for a bit of piece and quiet? LOL, I sure do suffer in the morning when they wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed ha ha...glad it's worked out for you and the others here :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.