pretty-paris

worried

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI VJ friends .

I just wanna know if having HPV with genital warts will cause denial of my K1 visa application . I have been diagnosed last month and I got my warts removed already and received vaccination. but because of the burning of the warts there might be some noticeable scars .

Im confused if i have to tick yes to the question "do u have STD?" , Im afraid I might get denied .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if you have a problem or not, but you must not lie on your application. Just be honest. I assure you many people in the US have also had HPV.

But if the honest answer is 'yes' then I think you must click it. I would think if you have been treated for it, it would be a reason enough to deny you.

Maybe this site will help:

https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/medicalexam.html

It lists the diseases that they will test for. And usually, if one does have a disease like TB, they will requirement treatment before the issue the visa, but they won't deny a visa if the person gets treatment.

In your case, make sure you have documentation of all the treatment you received. And be honest. If you try to hide it, and they find it, that is way worse. They would deny the visa for sure then.

I think you must check 'yes' and then you can write a letter explaining that you have HPV but have been treated.

Also, does your partner know?

I don't know if you have a problem or not, but you must not lie on your application. Just be honest. I assure you many people in the US have also had HPV.

But if the honest answer is 'yes' then I think you must click it. I would think if you have been treated for it, it would be a reason enough to deny you.

Maybe this site will help:

https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/medicalexam.html

It lists the diseases that they will test for. And usually, if one does have a disease like TB, they will requirement treatment before the issue the visa, but they won't deny a visa if the person gets treatment.

In your case, make sure you have documentation of all the treatment you received. And be honest. If you try to hide it, and they find it, that is way worse. They would deny the visa for sure then.

I think you must check 'yes' and then you can write a letter explaining that you have HPV but have been treated.

Also, does your partner know?

yes i got this from him .. I alredy have them removed and burned , Im on treatment .. i am really worried

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A personal question, but it was very irresponsible for your boyfriend to give you HPV. If he knew he had it, there is treatment that would have helped him not spread it to you I think.

But anyway, don't be worried. It's a common disease to have, and I agree, I don't think this is one that will make them deny the visa. Especially if you have already been treated.

Again, the most important thing, DO NOT TRY TO HIDE IT from them. If they find it in the medical, and you didn't tell the truth, I promise, they WILL deny the visa then.

Just be honest and up front about it from the beginning.

I searched and couldn't find anyone being denied because of HPV.

Be strong!

A personal question, but it was very irresponsible for your boyfriend to give you HPV. If he knew he had it, there is treatment that would have helped him not spread it to you I think.

But anyway, don't be worried. It's a common disease to have, and I agree, I don't think this is one that will make them deny the visa. Especially if you have already been treated.

Again, the most important thing, DO NOT TRY TO HIDE IT from them. If they find it in the medical, and you didn't tell the truth, I promise, they WILL deny the visa then.

Just be honest and up front about it from the beginning.

I searched and couldn't find anyone being denied because of HPV.

Be strong!

thank you so much for your reply .. i really appreciate it a lot .. its okay , he doesnt know that he had it , he only knew he had it when I already had the symptoms . :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.