Ryan H

NVC Filers - June 2012

1,198 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

they havent get the DS 3032 form! i sent it last week throught email and they havent even open the email i think...how much longer do i have to wait? :( help!

On which date did you send DS-3032?

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

Timeline

We got IV bill invoiced last night and already paid in the portal system. I am planning to send it thru Overnight shipping so it will be in their office by tomorrow. But before mailing the package I am waiting to see "pending" transaction posted in my bank account.

So its fine to mail the IV package even before the payment system shows the payment status as "PAID"?

I have just 15 minutes ago finally received that ds 3032 acceptance email!

Timeline

Another question I have is regarding document translations with the DS 230. My wife's birth certificate needs one (is in the language hindi, with the counsulate in Mumbai, India handling it).

Can this translation be done by anyone fluent in both languages or does it need to be notarized/certified by some kind of official service.

For all My VJ Friends I just wanted to share that upon POE we were advised by the CBP Officer to visit a SSA Office to request a SSN regardless of whether or not you marked to receive one automatically on your DS-230. Therefore, we went to a SSA Office 2 days after POE but they told us that she was not registering in the system yet because she had just gotten to the US and that they will give us a call letting us know. They said however we didn't have to go back. And ... Today! we got a phone call from the SSA (wasn't expecting a call at all) letting us know that our SSN is now in the system and that we will be getting our card in the mail in about a week!! Woohoo!!

Thanks for letting us know. I will keep this in mind when my wife enters.

So would it be better to call SSA after a few business days to know she is in the system?

And I am sure EVERYONE on this forum appreciates that :yes:

Thank you ^_^

There is a question that says "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" its on the DS-260 How does my wife answer that question as she has not had her medical appointment yet? would really appreciate feedback on this is it ok to select no because she has not had her "medical done in CD Juarez yet".

This question has nothing to do with the medical. It's asking if the beneficiary has received vaccinations and has proof of that. If the beneficiary doesn't have vaccinations and/or doesn't have proof, the answer is no.

For my case, I had all my vaccines done as a kid and have a vaccination record to prove it. So, for me, I put: "I HAVE HAD A VACCINATION RECORD SINCE I WAS BORN WITH ALL THE REQUIRED VACCINATIONS CLEARLY RECORDED BY A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. [i apologize for caps, but I copied and pasted this from my form review, which is in caps].

Hi Saylin - Not to be a mule, but what is the authority for emailing the DS-3032 in the first place?

What do you mean by "what is the authority"?

If you're asking what's the purpose of the DS-3032, it's to choose an agent who will receive correspondence. Although, at this point in time, this form is a moot point as, if you give over both email addresses to an operator after a case number is assigned, then both the petitioner AND beneficiary receive correspondence. But, it's still a needed form. If you don't send it in, then the IV bill will NEVER be invoiced.

And trust me Saylin when I say "we all appreciate it so much". This is so much easier with you here to help steer the ship.

Aww, thanks luv.gif

received my NVC case # this morning (noa2 on 5/22). gave them beneficiary's email address (they had mine already). DS 3032 sent (and auto response received).

Grats! kicking.gif

lollll yepperz, 1st comandment of Visa Journey's- Update Your Timeline lolllll.

I think at the begining of every Thrend a :time: guy shoud be there, not for you who honestly forgot but for those who dont even care. Timelines really do help ppl out.

[...]

Timelines/signatures are SOOOOO important. They help everyone for statistic purposes. Without it, I know I would have been in the dark for my entire process, not knowing if I was still within normal time frames or not.

So, for those that haven't, please fill in your timelines. And if possible, add your own signature. It's so much easier to help people out that have signatures as I/we can simply look below your question, get a brief outline of your case, and be able to answer you a lot better/faster than if you didn't have a signature. You can put in a lot more important dates and information than the timeline.

Can I start calling the NVC Now LOL

You could laughing.gif But I'd recommend waiting until tomorrow ;) Give them at least ONE day :P

Hi Saylin,

Now that we got SS# card, we got a letter stating appointment for Biometrics.

Is this when we the GC?

Whats this Biometrics about?

thanks! :blush:

Wait, what?! blink.gif Biometrics? Where's the letter from? USCIS? Were fingerprints not taken at POE? Please give me some more information yes.gif

I paid my IV fees last night and it's in process. I went ahead and mailed the package this morning and it will be delivered tomorrow morning.

Great, hope to have a Case Complete this Month!!!whistling.gif

CSC - I-130 for Spouse

11/21/2011 - Sent I-130 Petition

11/26/2011 -NOA1

05/14/2012 -NOA2 Email APPROVED 177days

NVC

05/28/2012 - NVC received

06/11/2012 - Case# generated, IIN, BIN

06/11/2012 - DS-3032 emailed

06/14/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

06/15/2012 - AOS Payment status: PAID & I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/20/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/21/2012 - IV bill shows PAID & Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/27/2012 - AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

07/02/2012 - Case Completed!

07/11/2012 - INTERVIEW DATE Assigned - - - > August 10,2012 6:15am -- APPROVED

07/31/2012 - POE

For all My VJ Friends I just wanted to share that upon POE we were advised by the CBP Officer to visit a SSA Office to request a SSN regardless of whether or not you marked to receive one automatically on your DS-230. Therefore, we went to a SSA Office 2 days after POE but they told us that she was not registering in the system yet because she had just gotten to the US and that they will give us a call letting us know. They said however we didn't have to go back. And ... Today! we got a phone call from the SSA (wasn't expecting a call at all) letting us know that our SSN is now in the system and that we will be getting our card in the mail in about a week!! Woohoo!!

Once I applied in person at my local SSA office, I had my SSN card in the mail 10 days later ;)

So its fine to mail the IV package even before the payment system shows the payment status as "PAID"?

I wouldn't recommend it. Wait until it shows as PAID. If the payment gets rejected for whatever reason, this might cause delays with your package if it reaches NVC before they have your payment.

Another question I have is regarding document translations with the DS 230. My wife's birth certificate needs one (is in the language hindi, with the counsulate in Mumbai, India handling it).

Can this translation be done by anyone fluent in both languages or does it need to be notarized/certified by some kind of official service.

Please read the paragraph (third from the top) about translations: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Timeline

Please read the paragraph (third from the top) about translations: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Thanks! Just being confused even here by what they mean by "certified translations". Does "certified" just mean having that statement that the person is competent, or is it something from a professional/legal service.

Thanks! Just being confused even here by what they mean by "certified translations". Does "certified" just mean having that statement that the person is competent, or is it something from a professional/legal service.

I believe I've seen cases here where family members or friends translate documents, so I'm thinking "certified" in this case just means the person is competent and such, not that it's done from a professional service.

Timeline

I called NVC today morning and operator said "As long as you have used the cover sheet in your package, we can keep track of your package. So you can mail it anytime after making payment."

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

I called NVC today morning and operator said "As long as you have used the cover sheet in your package, we can keep track of your package. So you can mail it anytime after making payment."

Interesting... I'd like to believe this, but I wouldn't rely on just ONE operator's information. This would have to be heard from MULTIPLE operators.

Timeline

Hi Saylin,

at POE, they did take Biometrics...hmmmmm confused now :wacko:

So the letter says "ASC Appointment Notice Form I-797C, Notice of Action"

"Service Center: TSC"

"Case type: X999 Unknown Form Type"

It's got a bar-code and reads:

"To process your application, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics.

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

Addresss of the "Application Support Center" and Appointment date and time.

"WHEN YOU GO TO THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER TO HAVE YOUR BIOMETRICS TAKEN, YOU MUST BRING:

1. THIS APPOINTMENT NOTICE and

2. PHOTO IDENTITFICATION, Naturalization applicants must bring their Alien Registration Card, All other applicants must bring a passport, driver's license, national ID, military ID, or State-issued photo ID. If you appear without proper identification, your biometrics may not be taken."

Wait, what?! blink.gif Biometrics? Where's the letter from? USCIS? Were fingerprints not taken at POE? Please give me some more information yes.gif

Hi Saylin,

Now that we got SS# card, we got a letter stating appointment for Biometrics.

Is this when we the GC?

Whats this Biometrics about?

thanks! :blush:

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Hi Saylin,

at POE, they did take Biometrics...hmmmmm confused now :wacko:

So the letter says "ASC Appointment Notice Form I-797C, Notice of Action"

"Service Center: TSC"

"Case type: X999 Unknown Form Type"

It's got a bar-code and reads:

"To process your application, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics.

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

Addresss of the "Application Support Center" and Appointment date and time.

"WHEN YOU GO TO THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER TO HAVE YOUR BIOMETRICS TAKEN, YOU MUST BRING:

1. THIS APPOINTMENT NOTICE and

2. PHOTO IDENTITFICATION, Naturalization applicants must bring their Alien Registration Card, All other applicants must bring a passport, driver's license, national ID, military ID, or State-issued photo ID. If you appear without proper identification, your biometrics may not be taken."

Either the fingerprints didn't turn out correctly and have to be re-done, or this was sent in error. Unless this place is in town, I'd call up USCIS to confirm before travelling far.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DS3032 accepted yesterday. When should I expect the IV bill?

12/16/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/21/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/14/2012 : I-130 NOA2

06/04/2012 : Received at NVC

06/13/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/13/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/15/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/15/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/16/2012 :I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 :AOS Payment status: PAID

06/21/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

06/20/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

06/21/2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid in PROCESS

06/22/12 - IV bill shows PAID

06/21/12 - Mailed IV packet to NVC

06/25/12 - IV packet received @ NVC

06/28/2012- AOS packet Reviewed & Accepted

7/18/2012 - Case Complete at NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.