Ryan H

NVC Filers - June 2012

1,198 posts in this topic

I called NVC and asked if they have processed an email from my wife with DS-3032 form and here's what I got in response: "NVC does not accept an email sent without attached scanned .pdf file for DS-3032 form signed by beneficiary. Since you sent only a plain email without any attachment, NVC won't accept it."

I used the template provided here on VJ.

What should I do now? Should I just sit and wait for NVC to respond with an acceptance or rejection of DS-3032 email sent out last week? Or should I re-send DS-3032 with attached in email and signed by my wife?

That operator was 100% WRONG. People on VJ just send the email and it gets accepted. Like many operators, they were not informed and up to date with this process. Ignore them. Continue waiting for your acceptance. No need to re-send anything.

Payed my IV bill so excited!!!

Have one question I have spanish to english translations of wifes birth certifacte and marraige certifacte. they are a copy of the originals that i sent in for I-130 can i use them? will there be a problem if wife goes to interview with copy of translations?

Thanks again in advance

I suggest sending in the translations. Make sure you include the original though in Spanish as it's required.

Timeline

Thanks, Saylin! Sorry, people... :oops:

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Timeline

Hi everyone, I have been away for awhile, but I finally sent in the papers and now have a received a checklist :-( :crying:

Now I am hoping for some of your help!

It says that I am missing the following:

[x] It appears that there is no proof of current employment (a recently dated job letter or pay stub), or

self-employment status (a recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license).

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete

(if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy)

(Only Federal returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto

Rico.)

• W-2 forms are missing/incomplete for the year(s):

[x] 2011 [ ] 2010 [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008.

I KNOW I did not send proof of current employment, but that's because I didn't think I needed to (I'm not even remotely close to making the minimum income so it doesn't matter how much my income is). So...was I still supposed to send it?

Secondly, I did not send my W2 form because I do not have W2 forms. I have an independent job in the US that I do via internet, so in that sense I am self-employed. I also work for a company here in Chile, but for that I don't get W2s...only the 2555 form, for Foreign Income Exemption. I had sent in all my Schedules and the 2555 form to show my tax info for 2011. So what do I do?

Lastly, the instructions say: The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes noted below. Please provide all requested documents.

Does this mean I need to redo my entire I-864? I called the NVC and the lady (very mean lady) told me that I don't need to redo the form, but I am confused because of the above instructions.

Thanks so much!

Saylin, do you have any expert opinion about the W2s? I don't have W2s from my foreign income either and I'm worried that they will need them. Thoughts?

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

I dont have W2s because I made foreign income too. Is this problem? I haven't submitted my docs yet.

Are you living abroad? If so, are you quitting that job once your spouse has their visa?

Timeline

In January I moved back to the U.S. and I have a job here. But during entire 2011 I lived and worked in Mexico.

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That operator was 100% WRONG. People on VJ just send the email and it gets accepted. Like many operators, they were not informed and up to date with this process. Ignore them. Continue waiting for your acceptance. No need to re-send anything.

Thanks a lot Saylin! Does operator have any rights to discard DS-3032 email or write a note in system to not accept this email when processed by the supervisor?

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

In January I moved back to the U.S. and I have a job here. But during entire 2011 I lived and worked in Mexico.

Did you file 2011 already and get a tax transcript? Cause if you send a tax transcript, W2s aren't needed.

Thanks a lot Saylin! Does operator have any rights to discard DS-3032 email or write a note in system to not accept this email when processed by the supervisor?

No, the operator can't access specific forms or emails that you've submitted. They can just see when things have been received and reviewed and such. They can put notes I assume, but your DS-3032 isn't processed by a supervisor. And it's not like they're going to put in "this person didn't include an attached DS-3032, don't accept it".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Woohoo! I successfully changed my appointment date for next Tuesday, now I don't have to panic about getting my visa back in time to use the rediculously cheap ticket I bought last week. Apparently the trick is to wait a week or two until your file is at the consulate, when I tried last week I totally got the run around.

That is so frickin cool. Neela did this as well, back in May.

I'm so happy you found a slot - that was amazing !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Good to know, Saylin!! Thank you so much!! I filed my tax return, but got it back today because I forgot to sign it!! I feel so dumb! :bonk::crying: I already sent out the request for the tax transcripts. If I rush my tax return... Hopefully it should get there before my tax transcript request...what a mess. Haha. Again, thank you!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

Good to know, Saylin!! Thank you so much!! I filed my tax return, but got it back today because I forgot to sign it!! I feel so dumb! :bonk::crying: I already sent out the request for the tax transcripts. If I rush my tax return... Hopefully it should get there before my tax transcript request...what a mess. Haha. Again, thank you!

The tax transcript can only be sent once your tax return has been processed and accepted. If you made a mistake and you need to send in your tax return again, then your tax transcript won't be available for awhile.

Timeline

Yeah I got a whole mth to kill so might as well. Times taking foreverrrrrr.

Heya Skippy Dippy -

post in the Site Issues forum, make a longish post, a new topic.

The admin fella will get to it within a week.

IMO, the hash index on the database is 'off' and the Primary Key value for 'Trinidad and Tobago' is not set properly.

But that's just me, a database geek telling ya what's up.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Oh no!! I should get my case number within a couple of weeks... Any thoughts? Do you happen to know more or less how long that stuff takes?

Why wouldn't the foreign exclusion forms work?

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

Timeline

Do they have to accept DS3032 before they invoice the IV bill?

The DS-3032 must be added to the casefile, else the IV Fee Bill won't be invoiced.

What's up?

Thanks. I have my IV packet ready to go. After they receive the packet, how long does it take to have case completer with NVC?

around 6 business days, currently.

saylin@ I sent DS-3032 on last Monday 6/11 and I have still not received an acceptance email from them. Should I send it again today? I did received an auto-response from their mail server when I sent last week.

What was the 'status' of the AOS FEE BILL being received into the Petitioner's Email INBOX when you pushed the button?

I have this mantra - don't send the DS-3032 via email till the Petitioner has the AOS FEE BILL in their email INBOX - there's an internal switch at NVC - they ain't looking for the DS-3032 till that fee bill leaves their email server.

1) After the case is completed at the NVC, do they send ALL the documents that I submitted (I-864, AOS, Joint Sponsor documents, etc/) to the US Embassy, in my case, Indonesia?

I'm asking because I wanted to resend these documents to my wife for her interview as evidence if needed.

2) Should I send her all the documents I submitted to the USCIS and NVC for the interview?

3) Will the Embassy possibly ask her for these documents?

1. yes.

2. yes.

3. yes - assume for the moment, that one or more of yer documents fell on the floor, not make it into the casefile when NVC made their bundle to send to the IV Unit in Jakarta.

Timeline

Endless thanks Saylin :)

Another follow up question please....Will the Embassy return all my documents submitted to my wife at the interview? I'm asking because I feel a little uncomfortable with the private information I have submitted primarily of my Joint Sponsor, especially with her tax transcripts, high income level, and pay stubs. Should I at all be worried that some person(s) may steal this information, knowing that identity theft is rampant nowadays.

civil documents on the ds-230 - birth certificate, marriage certificate - she'll get back.

the stuff yer asking about, though - the supporting docs for an I-864, alas - no. These become part of the 'permanent casefile' and stay with the A-File, forever.

Timeline

So ALL the documents I submitted to the USCIS and NVC will be in that sealed envelope?

Absolutely !

One of the benefits of holding a Visa inside of a Passport -

The Visa Holder just became a confidential Courier for USCIS, to ferry back the casefile (in it's entirety) from A Department of State Office, to a Department of Homeland Security Office, where it'll get forwarded on to a USCIS office for record keeping and storage.

You've paid a pretty price for her to have this priviledge. Please don't abuse it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.