TBoneTX

Too Quiet, zzz man

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

K-Bone, please reconsider letting the cat out at all. If the worst were to happen, YOU would be the next victim, upon Wifey's return, man.

I agree, it is always a hazard for cats outdoors. An acquaintance here was walking her small dog when an owl tried to grab it for lunch. She actually fought with the owl for her dog! My cat was out on the deck beside the house when an eagle tried to take her. She must have been too heavy because 'all' she suffered were some huge gashes on her back and neck that got badly infected. Where you live there is no shortage of raptors that would love to dine on well-fed domestic cat! That might be hard to explain to the wife!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'll be here from time to time. Just sent the I-130 package off today to Phoenix Dropbox. My Wife is really busy in her job

back in Russia, and I am too in Seattle, but we still "feel the separation". Probably the worst part of this as all of you

already know is the unknown waiting times and what if we get the cursed RFE. Man..I really feel for anyone going through

the process of moving to a third Country and making a go of it. I'd do it (have told my Wife this too). That one could

actually be a thread in itself.

Thanks for being here guys! It does help!

I'll be here from time to time. Just sent the I-130 package off today to Phoenix Dropbox. My Wife is really busy in her job

back in Russia, and I am too in Seattle, but we still "feel the separation". Probably the worst part of this as all of you

already know is the unknown waiting times and what if we get the cursed RFE. Man..I really feel for anyone going through

the process of moving to a third Country and making a go of it. I'd do it (have told my Wife this too). That one could

actually be a thread in itself.

Thanks for being here guys! It does help!

Moving to a third country? BTW what part of Seattle? I went to school @ Enumclaw.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I agree, it is always a hazard for cats outdoors. An acquaintance here was walking her small dog when an owl tried to grab it for lunch. She actually fought with the owl for her dog! My cat was out on the deck beside the house when an eagle tried to take her. She must have been too heavy because 'all' she suffered were some huge gashes on her back and neck that got badly infected. Where you live there is no shortage of raptors that would love to dine on well-fed domestic cat! That might be hard to explain to the wife!

You have an honest face and I trust you, si man.Amigo, I'm deadly serious about this... I wouldn't risk even what you're doing, no man.

We got a new cat on Sunday, miu man. Mrs. T-B. told me today that it followed her & Mini-Bone into the back yard. I went rather apeshat and told her never to let that happen again.

My bitterest argument with my ex-gf (long pre-Mrs. T-B.) was in regard to cats. I insisted that indoor cats live longer and are safer. She insisted that it is a cat's nature to roam and that it's animal cruelty for us to deny them that. Well, her 7 cats all died years ago (some, of horrible deaths) whereas mine (100% indoors) lived years longer (euthanized last month, tumor).

K-Bone, please reconsider letting the cat out at all. If the worst were to happen, YOU would be the next victim, upon Wifey's return, man.

Latest update on the cat. I'm totally screwed. I can't even look at my boots without that cat running up to the door thinking I'm going to let it run around out there. I feel guilty so I take her out every time I go out there to have a smoke and I watch her like a hawk but she's going to give me away as soon as the ol lady gets back from Belarus. I'm still trying to figure how to explain that one without having to hear a 15 - 20 min. b*tch fest from her on how the cat isn't supposed to go outside, how she gave me orders not to take the cat outside, etc, etc.. blah blah blah blah.

And I swear to god, this cat waits for me to clean it's litter box so it can go take a dump in there as soon as I'm finished cleaning it. She watches me clean it and as soon as the lid goes back on it she's in there doing her thing. Even worse is the litter box is in the bathroom and every time I go to the head this cat goes in there and does her thing. And this isn't a low maintenance cat either. It has to have attention all the bloody d@mn time. She even follows me into the kitchen to watch me cook....she's bored. I got her a yogurt today...she likes the strawberry / banana flavor and she eats the ####### out of that ..other than the berries in it. She leaves those in her dish and eats around them.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Latest update on the cat. I'm totally screwed. I can't even look at my boots without that cat running up to the door thinking I'm going to let it run around out there. I feel guilty so I take her out every time I go out there to have a smoke and I watch her like a hawk but she's going to give me away as soon as the ol lady gets back from Belarus. I'm still trying to figure how to explain that one without having to hear a 15 - 20 min. b*tch fest from her on how the cat isn't supposed to go outside, how she gave me orders not to take the cat outside, etc, etc.. blah blah blah blah.
Amigo, cats are creatures of routine. You've begun a new routine. Also, if they're inside, they wonder who's watching the outside. If they're outside, vice-versa. See, man?
And I swear to god, this cat waits for me to clean it's litter box so it can go take a dump in there as soon as I'm finished cleaning it. She watches me clean it and as soon as the lid goes back on it she's in there doing her thing. Even worse is the litter box is in the bathroom and every time I go to the head this cat goes in there and does her thing.
Cats are very clean critters. Get an electronic litterbox (see www.LitterMaid.com for an example). For one- or two-cat families, those contraptions can't be beat.

And, as perspective: After my little girl of 10+ years had to be put down, I would have given anything -- anything -- to have cleaned her box again.

And this isn't a low maintenance cat either. It has to have attention all the bloody d@mn time. She even follows me into the kitchen to watch me cook....she's bored. I got her a yogurt today...she likes the strawberry / banana flavor and she eats the ####### out of that ..other than the berries in it. She leaves those in her dish and eats around them.
Pull the berries out first, si man. Take care with overindulging her -- cats need nutrients, which they chiefly get from their own food. Does she like soft (cat) food?

You have the love of a little animal, dude. It's unconditional. You're her daddy. Play with her. Let her sleep on your arm at night or when you nap. Find or make toys for her to play with -- a ball of aluminum foil with masking tape around it; a fishing-pole type of thing (minus a hook but with a dangly item); or whatever. See what she likes, man. Anything that a cat plays with is a toy. I just discovered that my new girl of 9 days is going to our closet, taking (in her mouth) the skinny plastic bags that the daily newspapers come in, and leaving them around the house. I'm also disappointed that although the cat is affectionate enough toward me, she's taken a massive shining to Mrs. T-B. Drat it if the cat that I insisted upon (over Mrs. T-B.'s doubts) has turned out to be a "woman's cat," aarrgh man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Amigo, cats are creatures of routine. You've begun a new routine. Also, if they're inside, they wonder who's watching the outside. If they're outside, vice-versa. See, man?Cats are very clean critters. Get an electronic litterbox (see www.LitterMaid.com for an example). For one- or two-cat families, those contraptions can't be beat.

And, as perspective: After my little girl of 10+ years had to be put down, I would have given anything -- anything -- to have cleaned her box again.Pull the berries out first, si man. Take care with overindulging her -- cats need nutrients, which they chiefly get from their own food. Does she like soft (cat) food?

You have the love of a little animal, dude. It's unconditional. You're her daddy. Play with her. Let her sleep on your arm at night or when you nap. Find or make toys for her to play with -- a ball of aluminum foil with masking tape around it; a fishing-pole type of thing (minus a hook but with a dangly item); or whatever. See what she likes, man. Anything that a cat plays with is a toy. I just discovered that my new girl of 9 days is going to our closet, taking (in her mouth) the skinny plastic bags that the daily newspapers come in, and leaving them around the house. I'm also disappointed that although the cat is affectionate enough toward me, she's taken a massive shining to Mrs. T-B. Drat it if the cat that I insisted upon (over Mrs. T-B.'s doubts) has turned out to be a "woman's cat," aarrgh man.

We thought about one of those electric cat boxes but it only takes a few minutes a day to pooper scoop her box and every other week it gets a complete changeover along with a bleach cleaning. The cat gets canned food twice a day...fancy feast ocean white fish and tuna along with her science diet dry food. The yogurt is a twice a week thing (1 tbl spoon) like a treat but she goes nuts for yogurt.

If you haven't already seen them check out those birds on a stick. It has a suction cup with a two foot stick and a bird on the end of the line. It last about a week or two before they get bored with it but if you don't keep it out all the time they never get tired of that toy. btw T-B what's our new cat's name and where did you get it from?

sigbet.jpg

We got this rotating laser thingy. Works alright to entertain the cat if I'm busy.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
We thought about one of those electric cat boxes but it only takes a few minutes a day to pooper scoop her box and every other week it gets a complete changeover along with a bleach cleaning. The cat gets canned food twice a day...fancy feast ocean white fish and tuna along with her science diet dry food. The yogurt is a twice a week thing (1 tbl spoon) like a treat but she goes nuts for yogurt.
She sounds pampered, and it sounds like you're (at least) fond of her, si man. :)
If you haven't already seen them check out those birds on a stick. It has a suction cup with a two foot stick and a bird on the end of the line. It last about a week or two before they get bored with it but if you don't keep it out all the time they never get tired of that toy.
Sounds great, but Mini-Bone would grab the thing and toddle off with it.
btw T-B what's our new cat's name and where did you get it from?
We named her with a very regional-slangish Ecuadorian word that means "fat girl" (not necessarily unkindly). We visited several rescue and no-kill shelters and got her from one of those. The adoption fee was reduced on adult cats, because right now it's kitten season. She's 2+ years old and had NOT missed any meals, no man. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I wonder who's ex RUB this is? This woman is going on a rant right now :lol:

IAmA Russian Mail Order Bride living in US. AMA.

I have many friends who are Russian mail order brides - some with positive, others with negative experience. Overall, I would recommend it because culturally Americans and Russians are close and US is full of decent lonely men and Russian is full of lonely beautiful women.

Edit: Just submitted a photo of my divorce papers. Not sure how else to prove it. Я - бывшая русская жена американца. Отвечу на любые вопросы.

Edit 2: Have a short appointment. Will be back in an hour.

I've met one. She got $100k after being married for 2 weeks to a guy worth $20M. Most others do not get much if anything - they are unfamiliar with laws, do not speak the language, and do not have any support system.

Edited by sea-monkey

I wonder who's ex RUB this is? This woman is going on a rant right now :lol:

IAmA Russian Mail Order Bride living in US. AMA.

I have many friends who are Russian mail order brides - some with positive, others with negative experience. Overall, I would recommend it because culturally Americans and Russians are close and US is full of decent lonely men and Russian is full of lonely beautiful women.

Edit: Just submitted a photo of my divorce papers. Not sure how else to prove it. Я - бывшая русская жена американца. Отвечу на любые вопросы.

Edit 2: Have a short appointment. Will be back in an hour.

I've met one. She got $100k after being married for 2 weeks to a guy worth $20M. Most others do not get much if anything - they are unfamiliar with laws, do not speak the language, and do not have any support system.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I noticed though after reading some of that thread on there that she didn't move back to Russia. No surprise there. I just wonder what she looks like...I couldn't find any links on there to her pics.

sigbet.jpg

She's gotta be hot.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

She apparently remarried to a "public figure."

GREEN%20DOLLAR%20SIGN.gif

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the person posting on there is full of it. Her English is way too good. No mistakes at all. It's probably the ex husband posting.

Mods on that site posted -

OP has shown the mods divorce papers with a Russian name for the wife.

All of her post can be found here-

http://www.reddit.com/user/Russian_Bride

A few of them here -

Thanks. Yes, I remarried. I am an attorney now.

I am 8 on a good day. Enough to get me out of parking tickets.

I've been practicing law for 8 years. Thanks.

Why would a laywer be posting her divorce papers online and sitting in front of the compter all day replying to questions? Over 100 responses to questions from her in under 24 hours.

I am 8 on a good day. Enough to get me out of parking tickets.

No self-respecting Russian woman would call herself an 8.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.