kapay&kulit

going home..

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can go and visit with your Philippines passport. Since you are a legal permanent resident of the US you can't live the majority of your time in the Philippines. But you can definitely visit.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe so, it's only before you get your green card that you need special clearance to leave while you are adjusting your status.

I'm not sure how long you can be gone for from the US at a time.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I believe so, it's only before you get your green card that you need special clearance to leave while you are adjusting your status.

I'm not sure how long you can be gone for from the US at a time.

No longer than 6 months without risking abandoment of residence.

Edited by Tygrys

Timeline

I was curious about the timeframe too. I sometimes work overseas on films, and was wondering how long Lyn could accompany me on her green card without it causing us trouble.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

do i have to apply for the advance parole or do i have to obtain a re-entry permit?

If you are going to be outside of the USA for longer than 6 months it is safer to get a re-entry permit. But you technically do not need one unless you plan to be outside the USA for 1 year.

Advanced parole is no longer available or use-able by someone who holds a green card. It is only for people who do not yet have one.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

If you are going to be outside of the USA for longer than 6 months it is safer to get a re-entry permit. But you technically do not need one unless you plan to be outside the USA for 1 year.

Advanced parole is no longer available or use-able by someone who holds a green card. It is only for people who do not yet have one.

thanks, well appreciated.. Godbless!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

do i have to apply for the advance parole or do i have to obtain a re-entry permit?

You have a green card, you are good to go. FYI, carry a copy of your marriage license if the name on your passport is different.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You have a green card, you are good to go. FYI, carry a copy of your marriage license if the name on your passport is different.

copy of marriage license even if i am a male? i think my case is different than yours, i am the beneficiary my wife is the petitioner.. hehehe

Timeline

copy of marriage license even if i am a male? i think my case is different than yours, i am the beneficiary my wife is the petitioner.. hehehe

Ah no name change on the passport.... :blush: Carrying a copy of the marriage license is only for showing why the different names on the GC and passport.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

People here are saying six months, but according to the the website listed for a re-entry visa, it's OK to stay out of the country for up to a year. This is clearly listed in the I-131 instructions. So maybe a good idea to have a re-entry permit for a stay over six months, but seems to indicate you don't need one unless you are going to be gone more than a year.

Here's another question on this topic... once the PI Citizen has his/her GC, and desires to visit the PI, how long does his/her passport need to be valid for? Typically, it must be valid for 6 months to LEAVE the PI, but what about for going back?

Timeline

The Pilippines isn't requiring the passport to be valid for 6 months, that is a requirement from the embassy when applying for the visa.

Personally I don't know that I would travel with my passport only be valid for 6 months more, too many what "IFs" out there....

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.