Lavi

vaccination and civil surgeon

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am sure lots of people already asked or talked about this topic but to be sure i will ask again! I appologize if i will make someone angry coz i ask again lol... Ok, here we go! I had my medical exam 6 months ago so that is not a problem but i am not sure about the civil surgeon, i dont know if i need to go to one or no. On my vaccination documentation it say "applicant does not meet vaccination requirments for one or more vaccines and no waiver is requested" so to me that means i have all the vaccine and i dont need none. So its ok if i send just a copy after my Ds 3025 and i dont send the I-693 coz as i understood that should be completed by a civil surgeon and i dont want to go to one coz it takes time and money lol. Please HELP me! Thank you very much in advance!

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am sure lots of people already asked or talked about this topic but to be sure i will ask again! I appologize if i will make someone angry coz i ask again lol... Ok, here we go! I had my medical exam 6 months ago so that is not a problem but i am not sure about the civil surgeon, i dont know if i need to go to one or no. On my vaccination documentation it say "applicant does not meet vaccination requirments for one or more vaccines and no waiver is requested" so to me that means i have all the vaccine and i dont need none. So its ok if i send just a copy after my Ds 3025 and i dont send the I-693 coz as i understood that should be completed by a civil surgeon and i dont want to go to one coz it takes time and money lol. Please HELP me! Thank you very much in advance!

No, it is not ok.

Your vaccination form explicitly says that you DON'T have all required vaccines and that vaccinations requirement has NOT been waived.

You will have to submit I-693 with vaccinations part only filled by CS. No new full medical is required.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are missing vaccinations. It is clearly marked as such. You will need to see a civil surgeon to get the vaccinations you are missing and have them fill out the I-693 for you. You do not need a whole new medical though, just the vaccinations. Read the instructions for the I-693. You can even print them out. It tells you what is required for a K-1. You need Page 1 and 5 filled out. Call around to find a civil surgeon that will not insist on giving you and/or charging you for a whole new medical. It may take a lot of calling, and you might even need to call some that are farther out from your own town and drive a couple hours to get to them. BUT, if you find one that is willing to follow the rules for a K-1 needing an I-693, then the calling and driving time will be worth it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You are missing vaccinations. It is clearly marked as such. You will need to see a civil surgeon to get the vaccinations you are missing and have them fill out the I-693 for you. You do not need a whole new medical though, just the vaccinations. Read the instructions for the I-693. You can even print them out. It tells you what is required for a K-1. You need Page 1 and 5 filled out. Call around to find a civil surgeon that will not insist on giving you and/or charging you for a whole new medical. It may take a lot of calling, and you might even need to call some that are farther out from your own town and drive a couple hours to get to them. BUT, if you find one that is willing to follow the rules for a K-1 needing an I-693, then the calling and driving time will be worth it.

Thank you for the reply! I read again and i realised it say i dont have all the vaccine! D'oh! I dont know where i was thinking when i first read... Anyhow do you guys know a civil surgeon around PA or DE, i am in Delaware or where i can find online some so i can start calling. Do the doctors have to be certified for doing this or they gotta be just civil surgeon? Thanks again for the answer

They have to be a USCIS-designated Civil Surgeon. You can find a searchable list at USCIS.gov

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Thank you for the reply! I read again and i realised it say i dont have all the vaccine! D'oh! I dont know where i was thinking when i first read... Anyhow do you guys know a civil surgeon around PA or DE, i am in Delaware or where i can find online some so i can start calling. Do the doctors have to be certified for doing this or they gotta be just civil surgeon? Thanks again for the answer

You can get the shots at your family doctor or the local health department where they might be cheaper, or just get them at the civil surgeon when you go. If you get them elsewhere, take the proof of those vaccinations along with your DS-3025 to a designated civil surgeon. Here is the USCIS finder: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Also, check through this thread to see if any of the ones listed are near you: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you guys for your help! I made lots of phone calls and the result is i gotta take a new medical exam :( coz i have no proof except the vaccination sheet and the X ray that i made one in my country... so... Did any of you got any other proof that they had one? If yes can you tell me how you got that coz i called in my country the doctor who did it and she told me they dont keep copies. So everything was in the envelope that i had when i came in US, envelope that was taken from me at the airport. Man this is driving me crazy.... Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance

Timeline

Thank you guys for your help! I made lots of phone calls and the result is i gotta take a new medical exam :( coz i have no proof except the vaccination sheet and the X ray that i made one in my country... so... Did any of you got any other proof that they had one? If yes can you tell me how you got that coz i called in my country the doctor who did it and she told me they dont keep copies. So everything was in the envelope that i had when i came in US, envelope that was taken from me at the airport. Man this is driving me crazy.... Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance

You may need to call around to some civil surgeons that are a farther dive away from where you live. We drove 2 hours to get to a CS that would just do the vaccinations transcription for my husband.

Tell them the instructions for the I-485 and I-693 state you do not need a new medical if you just had one within the last year, and you can print those off and show the instructions to them.

Some civil surgeons insist on giving the new medical because they can and they know that, they don't fully understand how it works for a K-1 that is adjusting, and/or they want the large fees they charge for a new medical. It can be tough to find one that won't insist you get another medical. Some people just break down and pay to get another medical just so they can get the I-693 done to file their AOS.

I would call around some more and try to explain about the instructions for the K-1 and that you can print them and bring them in to show you do not need a medical. If you still have no luck, even with some that are farther away from you, then I do not know what to tell you. You may have to break down and pick the cheapest one and re-do the medical just to get your I-693 because without it, you cannot file for AOS.

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Resurrecting an old thread, I have the same issue as the OP.

The ones I don't have are marked as either ,,insufficient time interval", and ,,not age appropriate", so I don't think I can get any more vaccinations, my medical was only 4 months ago, so I don't see how I could have come of age in the meanwhile.

Seems to be a reoccurring issue with Romanian applicants.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

Resurrecting an old thread, I have the same issue as the OP.

The ones I don't have are marked as either ,,insufficient time interval", and ,,not age appropriate", so I don't think I can get any more vaccinations, my medical was only 4 months ago, so I don't see how I could have come of age in the meanwhile.

Seems to be a reoccurring issue with Romanian applicants.

The ones required are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you already had the chickenpox) and the flu shot(during flu season only: Oct. - Mar.). http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

If you had all the required vaccinations and they were marked off on the DS-3025, you can just send a copy of the DS-3025 and skip the civil surgeon. Check this post for details about how to know if the DS-3025 is good to go without seeing a civil surgeon: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

The ones required are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you already had the chickenpox) and the flu shot(during flu season only: Oct. - Mar.). http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

If you had all the required vaccinations and they were marked off on the DS-3025, you can just send a copy of the DS-3025 and skip the civil surgeon. Check this post for details about how to know if the DS-3025 is good to go without seeing a civil surgeon: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Ok here's another Romanian case,

My wife has "Applicant does not meet vaccination requirements for one or more vaccines and no waiver is requested" checked on her DS-3025. All of her vaccines are either "completed" or "not of age" except "Td" is checked as "Insufficient Time Interval" (which I'm assuming means not enough time has passed from her previous one in 2007), and her Varicella has a "VH" instead for Varicella History. Why wouldn't she meet the vaccination requirements?

Edited by Patch97777

Timeline

Ok here's another Romanian case,

My wife has "Applicant does not meet vaccination requirements for one or more vaccines and no waiver is requested" checked on her DS-3025. All of her vaccines are either "completed" or "not of age" except "Td" is checked as "Insufficient Time Interval" (which I'm assuming means not enough time has passed from her previous one in 2007), and her Varicella has a "VH" instead for Varicella History. Why wouldn't she meet the vaccination requirements?

It is flu season, so she would also have needed the flu vaccine. It seems like because of the "Insufficient Time Interval" for the TD, the doctor should have checked that she was eligible for the blanket waiver, but he did not. I am afraid you will need to find a civil surgeon that won't rip you off and just do the vaccination transcriptions onto an I-693. If she has not gotten a flu shot, she should do that too. Flu season is Oct. 1 - Mar. 31.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.