geek and geekette

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations.. Boa Sorte.. It goes a little faster for you now. Best wishes from here on out.

John e Marina

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyboday here! Thank you, Darnell! Really appreciate your input to help us to better understand this system. Now My address in China has changed and my fiance in US wants to inform them my new address and doesn't know when and how to do it. Hope to get your advice again. Thanks again.

re read Dodi, find my stuff there as well

then

re read the GUZ IV P3 shortcut.

She won't need to update her address, if YOU use a telephone with NVC and DoS, then follow my P3 shortcut.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

re read Dodi, find my stuff there as well

then

re read the GUZ IV P3 shortcut.

She won't need to update her address, if YOU use a telephone with NVC and DoS, then follow my P3 shortcut.

Good Luck !

I got it. Lots of thanks. BTW, I am Geekette, hehe... We use same account. Now it is my turn to handle this application more.

Timeline

excellent. you need to train yer geek to read and use a telephone.

The magic point (in case you missed it earlier)

is the DoS Hotline telling the Geek 'Packet 3 sent' when he asks , 'What's the status of the casefile?'

Hopefully, he'll tell you when he learns of that timetick, and

then YOU use the P3 shortcut that I wrote in the wiki. Include a cover letter containing your address change.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

excellent. you need to train yer geek to read and use a telephone.

The magic point (in case you missed it earlier)

is the DoS Hotline telling the Geek 'Packet 3 sent' when he asks , 'What's the status of the casefile?'

Hopefully, he'll tell you when he learns of that timetick, and

then YOU use the P3 shortcut that I wrote in the wiki. Include a cover letter containing your address change.

WOW, very helpful. Thanks again. Actually he passed this information to me, and I will remind him of following this. :D

Timeline

remind him often,

as is big chance (50 percent) that your casefile will be 'handled' via safefile at GUZ IV.

If that's the case, things go fast.

If that's not the case, expect a 1 to 4 month wait ...

but - making that telephone call is important. Geek can do it, often.

Is not singular - is plural, la - many phone calls.

Good Luck ! And Good Luck with HIS Training !!

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

remind him often,

as is big chance (50 percent) that your casefile will be 'handled' via safefile at GUZ IV.

We understand the procedure for P3 and P4 now, and he will makes calls frequently. Regarding with Safefile, we did research too, and only thing we can do is to call and ask, and then cross our figures and hope this falls into us. LOL. Thanks again.

Timeline

remind him often,

Hey, Darnell, I found information in Guangzhou Consulate, and I don't think we can get electronically transfer (is this "Safefile" you mentioned?). Here is the information:

Electronic processing is available only for immigrant visa applications processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China and is currently available for the following visa categories: IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, CR-2, IR-5, F1, F2A, F2B, F3 and F4.

Timeline

na, safefile is used for everything, regardless of visa type, nvc processing intake methods.

the following is opinion (mine)

SOME I-129Fs coming over via safefile, the GUZ IV fella makes a determination there, that 'what's in safefile is sufficient' and the 'opens the casefile' based on the safefile image copy, and then a P3 is prepped.

(end of opinion)

I make this opinion based on studying stuff here at VJ (K-1 timelines, forum posts) and gleaned that if a timetick of 'casefile opened' (learnt from calling the DoS Hotline, btw) is within 4 weeks of 'NVC OUT' timetick, then shazaam, GUZ IV fella decided not to wait on the physical casefile, accepting the safefile image copy, instead.

I hope that was clear?

I must congratulate you, though - as your question smacks of hours of prior research. Not many people do that. You Rock, officially.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Wow!!! How did you do that? You are just so lucky!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mikelor-

I'm not really sure! I did spend 4 months PREPARING the I-129f, though... I sent it only after I knew I had included everything, had completed each form as perfectly as possible, had researched VJ for all possible errors, trouble-shooting, advice, etc. It also took awhile to get my fiance's divorce paperwork translated to English, etc. I just made sure there was 1) no way we'd get an RFE and 2) that our packet would stand out as being "free to marry" and "definitely in love".

(But I really have no idea if all that work made any difference, or if it was just simple chance that the NOA2 came so quickly-- possibly a combination of the two!)

Isabel

Edited by isabel616

Timeline

na, safefile is used for everything, regardless of visa type, nvc processing intake methods.

the following is opinion (mine)

SOME I-129Fs coming over via safefile, the GUZ IV fella makes a determination there, that 'what's in safefile is sufficient' and the 'opens the casefile' based on the safefile image copy, and then a P3 is prepped.

(end of opinion)

I make this opinion based on studying stuff here at VJ (K-1 timelines, forum posts) and gleaned that if a timetick of 'casefile opened' (learnt from calling the DoS Hotline, btw) is within 4 weeks of 'NVC OUT' timetick, then shazaam, GUZ IV fella decided not to wait on the physical casefile, accepting the safefile image copy, instead.

I hope that was clear?

I must congratulate you, though - as your question smacks of hours of prior research. Not many people do that. You Rock, officially.

Good Luck !

Ok , so what you are saying is everything is sent safefile and DHL. GUZ IV can choose to open case file base on safefile or wait on hard copy. But shouldn't the safefile have all the same papers? I think they should do only safefile, would save us hard working tax payers a lot of shipping cost.

Geek

Timeline

Ok , so what you are saying is everything is sent safefile and DHL. GUZ IV can choose to open case file base on safefile or wait on hard copy. But shouldn't the safefile have all the same papers? I think they should do only safefile, would save us hard working tax payers a lot of shipping cost.

Geek

Thats for all the insight Darnell, its has really helped

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Super :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.