naksah

N-400 JUNE 2012 Filers

1,467 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I like your spirit.

You know, Even though citizenship process is somehow straight compared to other types of petitions, its also one in which USCIS can play games and delays for long time.

I must tell I am excited to have my interview next week, but honestly, the real peace of mind and excitement when I have the oath letter in my hand. This is because you never know what your interview results are going to be.

Many offices are famous of " we cannot make a decision on your case now", seen many cases without any issues have that problem, and you end having an interview but waiting another 2 or 3 months for an oath or so, some get approved and still wait for 2 or 3 months as well for an oath.

So, you might be surprised that by time you get your interview and oath, somethers who got interviewed 2 months before you might be still waiting for a reason or another.

Real happines is you oath not the interview, keep the faith :)

Started a reply and my power went out... grrr. Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about that but if November rolls around I'll try booking an Infopass. That gives another month or so wiggle room. Not panic time yet.

Meanwhile, I just continue to watch my mailbox :)

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks :) Yes, I've read of others' frustrations. 3 people in my DO had their interviews on Monday, and at least 2 of them have to wait on a decision. That would be stressful, particularly if the individual has some issues that may render them ineligible.

I don't have any issues that I'm aware of - so if I get that result I'm going to chalk it up to a junior officer requiring approval from a supervisor. I can live with that.

I'd hoped to vote this year, but that hope has been dashed for many weeks now. Again - not huge in the grand scheme of things. Oct. 29th will be the 90-day mark from being in line so I'll try not to stress too much until then. At that point there is still time to get things sorted before they become problematic for me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Checked my status this morning, and it says I have been scheduled for an interview as of yesturday. I assume this means I should get the letter in next couple of days. Since I was put in line for interview on July 20th, it is only a couple days short of 60 days to get it scheduled. Hopefully the interview itself is not another 60 days away but at lease some progress has been made.

Edited by GregS

Timeline

This is pretty good news :)

From what I have seen, almost 90 % (cases I seen) have their interview 25-35 days after scheduling.

The rest 10% either less or just little bit more than than (like 40, Seen it two times only)

Checked my status this morning, and it says I have been scheduled for an interview as of yesturday. I assume this means I should get the letter in next couple of days. Since I was put in line for interview on July 20th, it is only a couple days short of 60 days to get it scheduled. Hopefully the interview itself is not another 60 days away but at lease some progress has been made.

Timeline

I agree, that is what piss me off to be honest, that you are clean as you can be, yet they give you a hard time.

I am totally clean as well, not even one citation or minor traffic, nothing at all, but my office have stories (some officers are pretty pretty nice and recommend for approval, some really nasty and just gives you trouble).

But you know, the good part is, as long as you are clean, honest, then regarldess they will HAVE to approve you now or later, its just matter of time that makes us upset I guess.

Most ppl in my office get recommended for approval, yet, most of them wait at least 25-30 days till they get oath scheduled.

Definitly, I will post my experience once I am done with my interview, I am hopeful no issues and to get a nice officer who make my day.

Compared to May filers, we are way faster than they are, I just looked over there, and many of them still having their interview in sept, some still waiting while here we have US citizens already and plenty of interviews in Sept.

I wish to vote as well, the cutting date here in Ohio is Oct 6, leaving me 9 days to get an oath from my interview date ( there are 3 oaths in these 9 days), but am I going to be lucky enough to get an on spot oath letter? extremly doubt it (saw it only two times in my DO), but I am hopeful, if it did not happen so its what its.................

Thanks :) Yes, I've read of others' frustrations. 3 people in my DO had their interviews on Monday, and at least 2 of them have to wait on a decision. That would be stressful, particularly if the individual has some issues that may render them ineligible.

I don't have any issues that I'm aware of - so if I get that result I'm going to chalk it up to a junior officer requiring approval from a supervisor. I can live with that.

I'd hoped to vote this year, but that hope has been dashed for many weeks now. Again - not huge in the grand scheme of things. Oct. 29th will be the 90-day mark from being in line so I'll try not to stress too much until then. At that point there is still time to get things sorted before they become problematic for me.

Edited by no_where_man

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am wondering, if all of us who still don't have an IL, are you going to change names?

It can be they force cases without name changing, give them green light to vote, because name changing means longer processing time and we will be late anyway.

Timeline

that is a possibility, I am not really sure though.

I am wondering, if all of us who still don't have an IL, are you going to change names?

It can be they force cases without name changing, give them green light to vote, because name changing means longer processing time and we will be late anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No name change here. Simple, straightforward case. Been here legally since April 2000, green card since 1/3/2003.

From what I gather, getting an oath date with a name change can take longer because one needs a judicial oath (by a judge, probably at a courthouse).

I'm sure a lot depends, too, on the volume of applicants at each district office. I'm in Atlanta - it's a big city with a diverse population, so logically there are probably a lot more applicants here than in some smaller centers. I've also heard of people in neighbouring states that have to come to Atlanta for their interview/oath so this DO probably serves a large geographical area.

I'm at 51 days post status change to "in line". From what I've observed, most IL come about a month before the actual interview. At this DO some get same day oath if they live more than 4 hours away (I live closer), but most seem to get their oath letter on the spot if they wait for it, and for many it's either the same week or the week afterward. So I think once I get to the interview stage, the rest should go quickly, unless they don't make an instant decision.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats to new citizens!!

Congrats ddart1!!

I had my interview and oath ceremony on the same day! Updated oath date :dance: All the best everyone.

Please preview post before you Add reply to make sure you have edited correctly :thumbs:

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Went for my interview today and passed!! :star: The officer said that i should receive a letter in the mail with my oath ceremony date.. Hope those still waiting for interview dates will receive them very soon!! :thumbs:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats, Kiwiana! Feels like a weight lifted, huh?!!!

My Oath Ceremony is tommorow at noon and I can hardly believe it! I'm bummed though that my daughter won't be at the ceremony but I'll figure out a way to celebrate with her. I kind of want to take her on a trip to the Statue of Liberty to commemerate the occasion!

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.