356 posts in this topic

mollyreyna,

thank you :luv: he is flying sometimes next month :whistle:

well to answer your question, he wasn t asked about the permesso di soggiorno but he had it as well as his work certificate. I hope they won t ask your husband but I believe he should have a receipt for his filled permesso that should do :)

don t worry about the interview so much it will be way simpler than what you think. just make sure he is organized and know what to expect okay

best of luck :luv:

Did he have to show his original birth certificate or was a copy okay?

I've been a disaster b/c my husband lost his birth certificate and had have his aunt in Ecuador get a new one...she sent it in the mail but it still hasn't arrived yet. We have copies of the old one. I'm going crazy, I can't believe this is happening!

I hate to say this but yes he had to show the original birth certificate also had to provide a photocopy and a translation of it ..it is one of the required documents...on the other hand I wouldn t worry about it so much, the worst that could happen is them holding the visa till they get the original.

good luck

:thumbs:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:help: Okay, One more big question. I have spent about 2 weeks and many tear filled hours in search of a "money order" or "C.O.D." to send and pay for my I-130. This does occur in Italy, but having a bank issue it in U.S. currancy is impossible. The soonest it "may" be available is in over a week. Well, this is a problem, because the fee increase is in affect in one week. I really don't know how i'll do to travel all the way to Rome. Does anyone have any ideas on how else I may make this payment to Rome via mail? I have gone to my local embassy and every post office and bank in Florence ( at least it seems).

B) Next question: After I send out the I-130, I am trying to get a head start on my packet 3. Doese anyone have a current list of exactly what forms I will need and where to download them. This has been tricky. I have found a few here and there, but not all.

Sorry to be so needy all. But, right when I think things are getting easier they twist the other direction. I won't let the "man" beat me!!! But, he may get a few of my tears. I know a little mellodramatic, but this entire process is!!!!

Thanks Friends! :D:blush::crying:

3sila- Sending you and yours lots of Good Luck wishes for tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly! Give us the news as soon as you get it!! :yes: Bree

Molly- So the big day's almost here!! Nerve racking huh? Now that 100 Dollars is for what if I may ask? Is that the interview fee? I hope someone can answer your question about the check. Let me know what you find out. Bree

colgirl- I'm glad everyone's ideas helped you out some, don't hesitate to ask anything else here. Do you have a joint-sponsor in mind for the Affidavit of Support/I-864, a relative or friend to help you out? Time flies.

Here's a link my/others Cover Letters for the first step, the I-130 that you'll send to the Rome Embassy.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3445

It's also helpful becasue of the documents listed. Good Luck!

Bree

Okay, I thought I had this clear but as I get close to actually filing, I'm getting confused again and can't find the posts I've seen before that already answered my question :wacko:

First question:

Doing DCF in Italy, I understood that my address on the I-130 should be my Italian residence, as that's what qualifies me for going the DCF route. Just got momentarily confused as to whether this applies to the G-325 as well. That bio info form gets sent in with the I-130, so it should have the Italian address, right? Even though when we get to the I-864 stage, I'll use my US domicile address.... Do I have this right?

Second question:

The Rome embassy's website has a checklist for filing the I-130 (the DCF way). That checklist says specifically about the G-325A, "Please complete only one form for you and one form for your spouse. Do not submit multiple copies." But if you go to the link for the G-325A form, it's got multiple copies built in. Do they just want the first page? Just the info one time, signed one time? Or do they want the 4-page repetitive form as provided in the download (i.e., 4 identical pages) and required by folks who apply in the US? It all seemed very simple until I actually started it. It seems to me I should just fill out and print ONE PAGE in order to follow their instructions, but I don't want them to delay things asking me for the other 4 identical pages. Breezy, I think you may be the only person who can answer this for me. Thanks.

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

whattodo,

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I'm glad to hear your progress, and yes it seems simple until you sit down and actually do it. I dont know how many practice runs i did until i felt confident with my answers. Keep in mind that those forms are used for all kinds of visas, not only for spouses, (children and relatives) so they can be confusing, i know, you'll be fine.

:star: I went and double checked my forms, and I used my Italian address on all. Once i think it asked for U.S. domicile address, so only there did I put my U.S. address, on all others I put my Italian address. I did that becausue I've been living in Italy for 5 years now, and in the last year I've taken steps to "re-establish domicile in the U.S. and I included all that info seperatley for the I864 docs, in case they wanted to see my U.S. ties, which they didnt ask for. I also wanted to put my Italian address because I wanted no confusion as to where to mail documents from the Embassy. I called once and asked, and they pointed out that the petitioners address was requested more for mailing purposes.

So on every form I put my Italian address.

:star: I printed out the whole form, 4 pages was it, which included 2 pages of identical bio info, one for each spouse.

Keep me informed on your progess and don't hesitate to ask! ;) Bree

Molly, big days coming up! Did the B.C. come in the mail? How's everything looking? Anything I can do? Hope everything has come together! Well wishes your way! Bree

colgirl, it seems over welming, but don't let that get you down, i promise you'll laugh at how stressed out you were when this is all said and done with visa in hand. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, I hope that I haven't made you loose any time.

:star: We have a bank account at monte dei paschi di sena, we went to a main branch (sede in italian) and asked for a "assegno piazzato" a favore U.S. Embassy Rome, in U.S. Dollars. The I-130 packet was clear that it should be payable to a U.S. bank and already in U.S. dollars. We got it one the same day if I'm not mistaken, I don't remember waiting a week. The check was payable to the American Express Bank LTD. of New York. Have you called the Embassy, and asked them if there is an alternate means of payment? Ask if you can send a western union money order or if they have any other suggestions.

What is the fee increasing to? If it's soo much, will you consider going to Rome? In my opinion there is an advantage in paying in person, it seems, seems, that compared to another person who started the filing process who personally delivered the I-130 and mine, which I mailed, well they had a faster I-130 approval date. It could have been because that person didnt file during the Adam Walsh Act mess and I filed right at the begingin of the confusion, but I called many times and mine was just jumping from room to room, waiting to get on the right desk. So there might be that advantage if it is possible for you to file in Rome personally.

:star: I downloaded all forms off the uscis website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

you'll need the DS-230 part 1 and 2, youll fax part one to the Consulate when they get your I-130 approval info from Rome. but youll keep part two and sign part to at the interview with the consular officer.

youll need I-864 for you and one for you joint sponsor if your using one.

the consulate later, super later sent me these forms which even are expired! So i filled out both just in case, and gave them the ones that I downloaded from uscis.gov

thats it. keep us updated and quit worrying!!! hugs, big ones, Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Timeline
Molly, big days coming up! Did the B.C. come in the mail? How's everything looking? Anything I can do? Hope everything has come together! Well wishes your way! Bree

Thanks Bree,

No, the B.C. hasn't come but we're still hoping that it will come tomorrow. Do you think the consulate will just hold the visa until they get the B.C. or will they reject our petition (hopefully it's the former!)

Kelvin had his medical today. He didn't really have a problem getting to Istituto varelli. He's staying at B&B Areamare (which he DOES NOT recommend, no hot water, dirty room, etc. At least the bathroom was clean he said.) He had to get one shot and it was E50. He made a friend at the hotel who is doing the same thing but his wife isn't USC, she's a permanent resident, so they have been helping each other out. He thinks that the people he has come across have seemed a little ignorant (for example, the owner of the B&B thought he was Japanese - he's South American). He also said that people aren't dressed very well compared to Rome, so he's sticking out. I'm a little worried about him getting mugged, he said some guy was trying to corner him.

So, tomorrow is the BIG day and I'm so nervous. I haven't been sleeping and have been forgetting to eat! Imagine me forgetting to EAT!

I can't believe we've come all this way only to lose the Birth Certificate at the last minute.

If you or anyone else in this forum has any words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate them.

:wacko:

Molly

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

Molly-

Any news?

I don't think that they will deny the petition and put you back to square one. He might get some kind of pending letter, maybe they will look at the other documents, and tell him as soon as he has the BC to come back. The people at the Consulate really were polite and patient, don't be scared, u 2 don't worry too much, it will work it's self out, you'll see!

Getting off here in a hurry, but keep us posted!

Crossing fingers for some kind of miracle for you two,

Bree :innocent:

Timeline

UPDATE:

This could only happen to me:

Kelvin went to the interview, he was approved, but had to come back with the Birth Certificate (which still hadn't arrived). He resigned and left Naples for Rome.

I was coming to terms with the fact that I wouldn't make the June 30 deadline and I'd have to pay a E150 penalty to change flights.

On the way home, he hears from his brother that the mailman left a slip to come pick the b.c. up...it was too late, the post office had already closed at 1pm.

Now, he wants to get to the P.O. first thing tomorrow at 8:30am, get it, catch a 9:25 train that brings him to Naples Centrale at 10:52. The lady in the visa office (the first time I called) said he could arrive no later than 11:00...now, I'm not very familiar with Naples but I'm pretty sure that this is next to impossible. I called again to verify this, explaining the situation, and talked to visa lady #2, who looked into how many petitions they will have tomorrow and what time she thinks the Consul will go home. She advised me to give it a shot, that she thinks he'll still be around.

What should we do?

The risk is paying money for cabs and train tickets if they don't let him in, but we could also save a lot of money if they do!

What would you do??

UPDATE:

This could only happen to me:

Kelvin went to the interview, he was approved, but had to come back with the Birth Certificate (which still hadn't arrived). He resigned and left Naples for Rome.

I was coming to terms with the fact that I wouldn't make the June 30 deadline and I'd have to pay a E150 penalty to change flights.

On the way home, he hears from his brother that the mailman left a slip to come pick the b.c. up...it was too late, the post office had already closed at 1pm.

Now, he wants to get to the P.O. first thing tomorrow at 8:30am, get it, catch a 9:25 train that brings him to Naples Centrale at 10:52. The lady in the visa office (the first time I called) said he could arrive no later than 11:00...now, I'm not very familiar with Naples but I'm pretty sure that this is next to impossible. I called again to verify this, explaining the situation, and talked to visa lady #2, who looked into how many petitions they will have tomorrow and what time she thinks the Consul will go home. She advised me to give it a shot, that she thinks he'll still be around.

What should we do?

The risk is paying money for cabs and train tickets if they don't let him in, but we could also save a lot of money if they do!

What would you do??

I would go! But I think I missed something. Is the question whether he should go tomorrow or the next day? Can't he wait one day? Or is the consulate closed on Thurs and Fri? I guess if he's willing to try, I would try. Sure, you may waste some money, but won't it be exciting if he makes it? Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Timeline
I would go! But I think I missed something. Is the question whether he should go tomorrow or the next day? Can't he wait one day? Or is the consulate closed on Thurs and Fri? I guess if he's willing to try, I would try. Sure, you may waste some money, but won't it be exciting if he makes it? Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

Yeah, they only let you in for visas on Tuesday and Wednesday!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Timeline

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

so, i wanted to give everyone a little update on Kelvin's visa situation.

He headed down to Naples on Sunday night and stayed at a B&B. He woke up early and went to the medical, which was no problem at all. The next morning, Tuesday, was the visa interview at the American Consulate. The Consular officer asked him questions like, do you speak English (he answered no), how then do you communicate with your wife (she speaks Italian), when were you married, etc and carefully inspected the photos we provided as evidence. Everything was in place, except his missing Birth Certificate, which he lost a couple weeks before the interview. We had gotten in contact with his aunt in Ecuador so she would send another, but it hadn't arrived before he left for Naples. We were hoping for a miracle. As expected, though, his petition was approved, but the visa wouldn't be granted until he presented his original birth certificate.

We got on a train out of Naples to return home. We were disappointed because we had booked a plane ticket for Saturday, but since the visa section of the Consulate is only open on Tuesday and Wednesday, we'd have to rebook the flight, pay a penalty, etc., and wouldn't get him to the states in time to beat the price increase for his Adjustment of Status, which happens on July 30. Oh well.

On the train ride home, he hears from his brother...the mailman came to drop off the Birth Certificate, but since he wasn't there to sign for it, he'd have to pick it up at the post office. The post office in Italy closes at 1pm and he was still on the train.

We decided that he would go to the Post Office first thing on Wednesday morning to get the B.C., take the next train to Naples, arriving at 10:52. The cut off time for the Visa section is 11:00. Cutting it very close. It's funny to think that after a year of waiting, it all boiled down to minutes and seconds.

But, he made it in time.

And yet he doesn't have a visa. What happened, you ask?

First some background: The Ecuadorian government doesn't know what year Kelvin was born because a long time ago there was a system crash and some data was lost. They think it's either 1980 or 1981. The lost birth certificate said 1980, and so does his passport and all the documents we filled out. Well, the birth certificate sent by his aunt said 1981, so the Consulate wouldn't grant him the visa yet.

We have to order another birth certificate from Ecuador, have it sent, and Kelvin has to go back down to Naples.

AHHHH!!!! What we do for love!

We have to order another birth certificate from Ecuador, have it sent, and Kelvin has to go back down to Naples.

AHHHH!!!! What we do for love!

What a mess! I'm so sorry. I guess you'll have to wait a bit longer still. You seem to be in relatively good spirits, though. I guess it's a case of surrendering to a situation that's beyond your control. Well, I hope you'll be able to straighten out this BC confusion soon. Maybe it would help if Kelvin sent the copy of the previous birth certificate with his request for a new one, stating that it should be identical. What an unexpectedly strange situation this is!

Molly,

Well good gosh, what a strange mess indeed! Sorry things just didn't work out in your favor, you'll almost there! Nice suggestion by whattodo btw.

baci per tutti,

Bree

whattodo,

how's forms looking?

Thanks Bree,

No, the B.C. hasn't come but we're still hoping that it will come tomorrow. Do you think the consulate will just hold the visa until they get the B.C. or will they reject our petition (hopefully it's the former!)

Kelvin had his medical today. He didn't really have a problem getting to Istituto varelli. He's staying at B&B Areamare (which he DOES NOT recommend, no hot water, dirty room, etc. At least the bathroom was clean he said.) He had to get one shot and it was E50. He made a friend at the hotel who is doing the same thing but his wife isn't USC, she's a permanent resident, so they have been helping each other out. He thinks that the people he has come across have seemed a little ignorant (for example, the owner of the B&B thought he was Japanese - he's South American). He also said that people aren't dressed very well compared to Rome, so he's sticking out. I'm a little worried about him getting mugged, he said some guy was trying to corner him.

So, tomorrow is the BIG day and I'm so nervous. I haven't been sleeping and have been forgetting to eat! Imagine me forgetting to EAT!

I can't believe we've come all this way only to lose the Birth Certificate at the last minute.

If you or anyone else in this forum has any words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate them.

:wacko:

Molly

molly,

I am sorry about the problem you are having with your husband's birth certificate, I hope it will be easy getting them to send you one with the right year

I am thinking of you, and wishing you the best and quick solution :luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

molly i am sorry too but i wish everything will be fine in the future

i have the appointment

yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

27 and 28 august

:dancing:

:dancing:

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.