356 posts in this topic

38 degrees C here in Naples the other day, yuck.

You guys hanging in there, anyone melted yet?

Where is everybody?

whattodo, hows it going?

bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 degrees C here in Naples the other day, yuck.

You guys hanging in there, anyone melted yet?

Where is everybody?

whattodo, hows it going?

bree

Hi Breezy,

Hot in Milan too.

But I just arrived in the US for a visit. It's 3am and I'm awake with jetlag.

We're getting everything together to petition in September. I'll get a cashier's check for the fee while I'm here. It would be cheaper to go ahead and start in July, but we think September's probably better for our timing. Hopefully, we won't hit delays that make us wish we'd done it before the fee change... Oh well, you gotta make the choices that seem right at the moment and then work with the consequences. Will keep you posted.

whattodo

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

for 3sila

the day si coming and so i want wish u all the best

remember to write down notes for me and the forum ehehe

:D

:thumbs:

:whistle:

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

for 3sila

the day si coming and so i want wish u all the best

remember to write down notes for me and the forum ehehe

:D

:thumbs:

:whistle:

kappa,

the date is almost there :dance:

I will keep you posted that is for sure we are working on booking him a hotel room ...he is as nervous as I am :lol:

kappa did you guys get an interview date yet???

breezy,

where have you been ? I have a question for you. do you have to fast before the medical ? my hubby is going to call and ask about that since we haven t got

the interview pack and it seems like we won t get it :blink:

hope you guys are all doing awesome

:luv:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Okay, this is the third time I'm posting this question, since my head is in the clouds today and I keep posting in the wrong place.

I'm looking into refundable plane tickets. The interview is on the 23 and 24 of July, and I wanted to buy the plane ticket for the 28th. What about the brown envelope? Is it given upon return of the passport with visa? Or is it mailed at a later date?

I found a good deal on the ticket (by good deal in July, I mean 1000 euros) and I wanted to book as soon as possible.

Thanks for helping.

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

all my love,

Hi there, sorry I haven't been around much lately. My nephew is here staying part of the summer with us and I just can't keep up with him, lol, he's 3! Everything I do he wants to do too!

:star: No, you do not have to fast, interview pack specifies that you don't have to, sorry that you haven't got that packet yet. In a nut shell it says that you'll need the Vaccine Certificate from the ASL for the Medical, 180 Euros, pictures (how many, was it 1?)Interview: origional documents for them to verify the copies that you'll give them, asked for passports, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, any military or court documents, husbands Birth certificate (the one with his parents names and places of birth). DS-230 form 1 and 2 (we faxed them part 1 like they asked but found out thtat they didnt have it on file.) part 2 unsigned, evedience of relationship, I-864's.

MOlly,

hey girl! Get that ticket! The brown envelope was given at the same moment as the visa at 4.00 p.m. day of interview! Good Luck!

hellos to all, 3sila and kappa, your dates are when?!

o's, Bree

hi breezy,

this is 3sila I had changed my username (L) .. our dates are the 16 and the 17 of this month :yes:

I was wondering if you happen to know the phone number to canada hotel by the embassay..I looked everywhere :help:

thank you so much :luv:

all my love,

Hi there, sorry I haven't been around much lately. My nephew is here staying part of the summer with us and I just can't keep up with him, lol, he's 3! Everything I do he wants to do too!

:star: No, you do not have to fast, interview pack specifies that you don't have to, sorry that you haven't got that packet yet. In a nut shell it says that you'll need the Vaccine Certificate from the ASL for the Medical, 180 Euros, pictures (how many, was it 1?)Interview: origional documents for them to verify the copies that you'll give them, asked for passports, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, any military or court documents, husbands Birth certificate (the one with his parents names and places of birth). DS-230 form 1 and 2 (we faxed them part 1 like they asked but found out thtat they didnt have it on file.) part 2 unsigned, evedience of relationship, I-864's.

o's, Bree

breezy,

thank you soooo much for the info you are always such a big help :luv:

all my love, yes i have been away for a bit havent i? The interview date is SOON!!

I didn't have any luck either with finding their number , Hotel Canada is nowhere in the 2006 Naples yellow pages and i couldn't dig up ay contact numbers, not even on the German pages! Looks like this is their official website: http://canada.hotelsinnapoli.com/overview/...re-hotel+napoli

i punched in your dates for reservations and it gave me availability and asked for credit card info sure enough!

How odd that there is no contact info listed!

I've just found this site: http://www.sea-hotels.it/hotel_canada_pren.php

number is listed on that page is: Tel. +39 081680952

and i called AND ITS HOTEL CANADA!

What a mess!

and your always welcome,

Bree

hello bee, (F)

you are :thumbs: you know I have been looking for couple days now :crying: ..you are just awesome...

it is funny how thier price is higher if you book thru them :wacko:

I want to book, but I am not sure if they would take my credit card to pay for my hubby's room (we don t have the same last name :whistle: )

anyway yeaaaa for a while I thought you have moved or something I hope you are doing all right :luv:

are you getting ready for the big move ? where are you planning to move to? can I be of any help? let me know

3sila

all my love,

When you reserve the room, say the room is for __your last name___/__his last name__. Or when he checks in, have him give them your last name for the reservation and then he'll give his documents. I really don't think they'll care who's staying in the room as long as it's paid for, lol, and they're not all that strict here in Naples, I doubt there will be any problems. Just explain that the credit card last name and the person staying's names are diferent. Dont sweat the small stuff, if i were you i would make the reservation and payment over the phone, that website with out the contact number seemed a little strange to me... Good Luck on that part!

Thanks for the offer of help, not sure when move will be...still to see...

Bree

hello bree,

about the room, he doesnt want me to use my credit card since as he said there is so much fraud(cash is his solution :lol: ). anyway he called canada

hotel and was told it was fully booked :crying: , online it shows that they have rooms available :blink:

this mornning, he called an old friends of his :huh:, and she managed to book another hotel for him , not sure about the hotel name yet he will call me tomorrow about that info.

it seems like it should all work out just fine, and yes I don t know if we can trust that site either B)

keep in touch :luv:

3sila

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

i am still waiting the packet 3 :crying:

but why i ll find inside it the DS 230 and I 864 affidavit of support

that i have already filled ?

i have to fill them again???

ot it s enough the copy i have of them

i have to fill the ds 156 online ?? when ?

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
:help: I am in dyer need for a little advice. I am married to my Italian prince and we are both living now in Italy. The original plan was to get married here and get his visa through direct consulate. Well, it seems as though that fast track may not exist here in Rome. I am anxiouse to get back to work in the states. I was advised to apply for the I-130 then when I recieved the notice apply for the I-129F. This is supposed to be the quickest way for us to leave the country. My concern is would it be smarter for us to stick out his I-130 here in Italy? May it be a quicker and easier process for him to recieve his visa here in Rome? I asume since I live in California finishing our visa journey there may be a long long complicated fiet. I have been holding on to these forms for 2 months anxiety ridden with what to do. I don't mind sticking things out for the next 6 months or so if it will may life less complicated in the end. Please, please I beg anyone with any tid bit of info for a moment of your time to help. Thank You :help:

Hi Colgirl,

I have not yet started the process but my understanding is that you can go through the process for an immigration visa (IR-1, or CR-1 if you're newly married) in Rome if you are already married and if the US citizen is resident in Italy, i.e., has a permesso di soggiorno. The I-129F has no part in this process, as far as I know. The I-130 petition needs to be submitted to and approved by the USCIS office in Rome (at the Embassy) and then the visa interview will happen at the US Consulate in Naples. You (the US part of the couple) need to be resident in Italy for the first part of the process, the petition approval in Rome. After that, I imagine you could leave and go to work in the US... In fact, it might help your application since you'll need to show resources to support your husband in the second part of the process.

As I said, I'm no expert, because I haven't started yet. But that's what I understand.

:help: I am in dyer need for a little advice. I am married to my Italian prince and we are both living now in Italy. The original plan was to get married here and get his visa through direct consulate. Well, it seems as though that fast track may not exist here in Rome. I am anxiouse to get back to work in the states. I was advised to apply for the I-130 then when I recieved the notice apply for the I-129F. This is supposed to be the quickest way for us to leave the country. My concern is would it be smarter for us to stick out his I-130 here in Italy? May it be a quicker and easier process for him to recieve his visa here in Rome? I asume since I live in California finishing our visa journey there may be a long long complicated fiet. I have been holding on to these forms for 2 months anxiety ridden with what to do. I don't mind sticking things out for the next 6 months or so if it will may life less complicated in the end. Please, please I beg anyone with any tid bit of info for a moment of your time to help. Thank You :help:

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.