356 posts in this topic

Hey you two,

how's the waiting going?

breezy

hi breezy,

I hate to bring these bad news but our case was put under administrative processing...and of course the only thing we can do right now is wait :crying:

I hope the best for all of you out there waiting (F)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

3sila

oh no i am so sorry

:crying:

well all i can say that with this delay we will meet eachother at embassy at the same day :)

breezy

thank u very much for your answers

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

whattodo- Welcome to our little spot, now you can lurk/wait with the rest of us. ;)

Make yourself comfy and at home! :luv: I didn’t ever expect to have so much evidence

but I had a lot of time to prepare for the interview and while strolling down

memory lane, things just… accumulated! I’m glad your having a good time too. (L)

Molly- My husbands medical took place in Vomero, which is far from the Consulate.

We live in Naples (ONLY FOR THE MOMENT!!) so that wasn’t an issue for us.

The Consulate advised us of where it would take place when we got our interview

date. I don’t know if there’s something closer, you’d think they would try to organize things

that way, for our sake, but… seems they don't. Anyways the Instituto Varelli was very nice,

great staff, and easy enough to get to. If you need very detailed driving directions, let me know! ;)

3sila- What does that mean exactly? :o That they are taking more time to look over your documents/

evidence? Is it a bad thing or does it mean just waiting? Sorry to hear about that, hope all turns out well.

kappa- Your always welcome, I just wish I could help more! :)

Everybody have a good day! ITS FESTA HERE! We’re going out for ICE CREAM! :yes::P:D

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

hi tiano, (F)

yes my husband is muslim and yes he is an arab, I am just worried hearing that it is taking years for some people :o:o:( and we can do nothing about it ..

the only option we have is to wait...we miss each other a lot ..we were thinking he would be at home this summer, ohhhhh well our descision is made to

meet sometime this summer regardless :star: .... I am thinking the worse come to the worse I will just move to Italy this whole immigration problem is taking a toll on us we have been a part for almost a year now :(:crying:

hi 3sila dont worry about d A/P guess your husband arabic or muslem no????it,s normal to do it4them,, mine took6months, all u can do is just wait& u can contact DOS after3months or so to know what going on your case....good lack

thank you for the assurance :luv:

That was kind of tiano to share some insight. 6 months wouldn't be tooooo bad with a visit in between..... :unsure:

Hi guys.

Is it true that you have to pay the petition fee in Rome with a cashier's check or money order from a US bank (or cash if you're delivering it in person)? People doing DCF in other countries talk about their credit card being charged... I know, this is Italia...

Luckily, I'm planning to be in the US in July and can get a check while I'm there and, luckily but unhappily, I just noticed that the fee is going UP, but I'm just wondering if there's some other way to pay, by mail from Italy without having to go get the check in the US.

And do you know if the fee for the immigration visa (thru DCF) will be the same as for AOS? I don't see a visa fee on the new price list.

Thanks all!

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Hi guys.

Is it true that you have to pay the petition fee in Rome with a cashier's check or money order from a US bank (or cash if you're delivering it in person)? People doing DCF in other countries talk about their credit card being charged... I know, this is Italia...

Luckily, I'm planning to be in the US in July and can get a check while I'm there and, luckily but unhappily, I just noticed that the fee is going UP, but I'm just wondering if there's some other way to pay, by mail from Italy without having to go get the check in the US.

And do you know if the fee for the immigration visa (thru DCF) will be the same as for AOS? I don't see a visa fee on the new price list.

Thanks all!

Hey whattodo,

I hate that I don't have good info's on that for you.

We did the check, payable to a U.S. bank and in the very end it went back to the Embassy because it was more than 6 months old. Our case was put on temp hold. I freaked thinking that it was going to be a mess to do that all over again. So I called the Embassy and the nicest lady said, just send cash through UPS with your information to the same address that the petition was sent to. So we did. Not the safest thing in the world, but it worked for us. (thank God)

If I were you, I'd just give them a call, and ask if they would accept a Western Union money order (which are everywhere) or if there are different ways of payment. One would think there would be.....

Thanks Breezy. I'm sure I'll work it out.

Here's another question,

for the Italian husband's birth certificate:

It seems that Italian certificati ed estratti di nascita don't normally include the parents' names, and the US requires the parents' names on the birth certificate, if I understand correctly. I saw on one of your lists somewhere that you had the estratto di nascita, articolo 3, which I've now realized (I think) means one that includes the parents' names. Okay, so how/where did you get that? Can you just go request it at the comune like any normal certificato or do you have to write to someone special or do something special?

Hi guys.

Thanks all!

Hey whattodo,

I hate that I don't have good info's on that for you.

We did the check, payable to a U.S. bank and in the very end it went back to the Embassy because it was more than 6 months old. Our case was put on temp hold. I freaked thinking that it was going to be a mess to do that all over again. So I called the Embassy and the nicest lady said, just send cash through UPS with your information to the same address that the petition was sent to. So we did. Not the safest thing in the world, but it worked for us. (thank God)

If I were you, I'd just give them a call, and ask if they would accept a Western Union money order (which are everywhere) or if there are different ways of payment. One would think there would be.....

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

whattodo,

Good luck on the petition fee, they did us a huge favor by accepting our cash, I'm sure they only did because it was a particular situation, but again ask. They are always very kind and helpful. As for the BC, simple, we went to the County Hall in his birth city, the records office and asked for the BC articolo 3, we specified that we needed both parents names included and they pulled it up from their files and printed a recent BC, I think it might have cost a couple of Euros or so.

In the Packet three they sent, they requested a recent marriage certificate.

Good to hear your starting to get those first steps down.

Let me know when anything else comes up!

Still crossing fingers n toes here!

Bree

hi 3sila dont worry about d A/P guess your husband arabic or muslem no????it,s normal to do it4them,, mine took6months, all u can do is just wait& u can contact DOS after3months or so to know what going on your case....good lack

thank you so much you were right, actually it seams like we got out of the ap :yes:

interview scheduled for the 16 and 17 of next month

thank you all for the support :luv:(F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:dance:

congratulation!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

Yay!!!!

Let us know how it goes.

congratulation!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.