356 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

for breezy and 3sila

i am waiting the packet three

when the case is complete and sent to the embassy

how long does it take to arrive the packet three ??? ( the average)

thank u

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kappa,

Our I-130 was approved by Rome on Feb 23.

Naples got our case on March 5th.

Packet 3 got to our house on April 10th.

Our Interview was May 7 and 8.

The visa was issued on May 8.

In one of my last posts I gave almost all of the information that they will send, so from that you can already start to get things ready, instead of waiting for packet 3 to get to you. That way you will already be prepared.

Edited by breezy

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

hello breezy and kappa, :luv:

breezy yes the info about the time was very helpful, I think I should wait some more time before contacting them

:yes:

in another hand I am filling the cr1 so I have already sent the I 864 the ds 230 part one

and my understanding is they will need ds230 part II and the supporting documents

from my husband during the interview.

you wrote about some kind of rule about document expiring after 8 months

that got me thinking because I am planning on sending our original MC from last year and

it will be almost a year old by the interview time :( could that be a problem?

kappa,

you and me are both waiting for that appt package :lol:

when was you case completed?

mine april 17

I wash you the best of luck :thumbs:

Timeline

thank u breezy but we cant compare our history because i did different things for example i file the I-130 in the usa and not in rome and also my history is longer

i file the I -130 in California in november 2006

:-(

3sila

rigth i am doing the CR1 and the case is completed last week

so u shoudl have the interview before me and so

i ll appreacite your help , your tips and your opinion about the interview

when u ll do that

:D:)

:help:

-Married in Italy 2006

kappa,

oops, forgive me, I totally thought you were DCF. I've confused someone for someone else, and then them with someone else. Sorry about thta kappa and 3sila!

Need more sleep, :blush:

breezy

:luv:

thanks.

I'm glad you two are able to help eachother.

Edited by breezy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you two,

how's the waiting going?

breezy

Timeline

i am waiting too :unsure:

some questions :innocent:

the embassy will give me the visa to enter in the usa the same day at he end of the interview??

they need also pictures of our wedding? or else with us?

what do they mean for evidence of relationship?

they accept documents also written in italian?

thank u

-Married in Italy 2006

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
DCF Italy Breezy's Checklist for Husband's Interview:

Just wanted to put this in here for any future filers! Hope its helpful!

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65707

Dear Breezy:

I am finding your post very useful as I am gathering all of my husband's stuff for the interview. I had a couple questions for you though...

1. - Statement from the Bene saying that no military, court, or divorce applied to him - IS THIS NECESSARY? Or can I simply omit the documents as they don't apply?

2. - Stato di Famiglia - what is this and is it necessary? I remember my husband had to get this from Ecuador before we got married.

3. Most of the letters sent to my husband have the return address with my nickname (Molly). Do you think I should include them or will this through the consular officer off?

Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom.

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

Hi everybody!

kappa-

:star: The Naples Consulate did the interview, which was over at about 10.30 a.m. an told us that he should come back at 4.00 p.m. to pick up his visa.

:star: In packet 3, they asked to bring documents and evidence of relationship, which could be anything you have from a statement signed by the beneficiary and the petitioner swearing that they met at a certain place at a certain time, with photos to show the two people were together. It could be wedding pictures, letters from family or friends recognizing you two as a couple. Plane tickets you used to visit eachother. Anything that shows you two do have a real relationship.

During my husband's interview, they asked ONLY for our marriage certificate, and then a few simple questions like how did you meet. We took lots and lots of evidence, just in case they wanted to see it.

:star: The Naples Counsulate accepted documents written in Italian and English. The Rome Embassy only accepted documents in English.

Molly- Hey there, welcome, I'm glad your getting something out of what I've left, I really need to organize a better post on the topic and ask to have it pinned. I will. Anyways,

:star: No, a statement from the Beneficiary saying that no court, military or divorce IS NOT necessary. I went overboard and did that anyways, I didn't know what to expect. They simply asked Were you in the military, every married before?

:star: No, stato di famillia is NOT needed either, once again I went for overkill. :blush: I had planned to use it for Evidence of Relationship, it wansn't mentioned anywhere at all, somethign I threw in.

:star: No, I don't think it will throw the officer off, just throw a few in to be on the safe side, ONCE again, I over did it and had 40 of documents and evidence to tote around all day...lol @ me.

Hope this bit helps, let me know if there's anything else and don't forget to leave hints at VJ for others! ;)

Breezy,

I love how thorough you are! Even if some of it turned out to be overkill, you were smart to be prepared. And now you can help all of us who follow after you to know what's really not necessary. On the other hand, I imagine every interviewer is different and depending on the mood of the day, they might want more or less evidence. So it never hurts to go a bit overboard.

We're not going to file until September, but I'm already collecting my documentation. Yesterday, I gathered photos and plane tickets from past visits and printed a few screen shots of my e-mail program showing the abundance of messages exchanged over the years. Since we'll already have been married for three years when we interview, and have been together much longer than that, I doubt they'll ask us for much proof, but it's actually kind of fun putting it all together -- the personal stuff at least. It's a little trip down memory lane.

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
how much is the cost for the doctor visit ?

how much are the fee for the visa cr1 to pay during the days in naples?

they ask all in cash rigth???

thank u

Hi kappa! And how are you?

This info is more specific in packet 3 which will arrive about 1 month before the interview.

The cost of the Medical Exam is 180 Euros. Extra vaccines are anywhere from 7 to 10 to 21 Euros extra each. My husband took 2 extra, tetanus and one for Morbilla if I remember right. And the total was 235 Euros.

The Visa fee on the day of the interview was 380 United States Dollars Cash. I believe it was also possible to pay at the Consulate in Euros also.

Yes, all cash.

Soon I'll leave a more detailed post on our DCF Italy Experience, I'll be sure to let you know when I've completed it.

Hope everyone is well! Things sure are great here now that we have his visa!

Breezy

Hi all:

To summarize, all costs for interview (not including train tickets, hotels, and food) are:

1. $100 (paid to Banca Nazionale di Lavoro) for non-immigrant visa application fee as noted in Packet 3 (Not sure if this only applies to K-3 or to everyone)

2. E180 for medical exam + extra money for vaccinations

3. Another $380 for another Visa fee on day of interview??? (Does this apply to K-3 too?)

4. ???? Cost of taxi from hotel to medical examination doctor ????

Being able to wake up every morning and see the one you love....priceless

Can you confirm?

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.