Houston Pinoy

Can being divorced in Nevada while living in Texas hurt a friend of mine

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry but I won't watch what I say. I have been on the receiving end of my ex-filipina wife who used me and I know of a lot of other filipina that is their objective. I did not say all Filipinas are like that but there is a fair share of them that are. There are good, but there are also bad. Maybe you are the exception.

I am not a Fillipina, I am a German. But thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Houston - are you there? come back come back !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I guess the real answer depends on 3 things ...

1. her current USCitizenship status or current residency status and what her residency is BASED on,

2. her VISA type getting her into the USA and

3. if she was married to a USCitizen prior, or not (ie - some other foreign national)

Can answer these 3 questions? then i'm happy to think a bit more, give you a more pointed response.

1. She just got her green card

2. She is here on H1-B Visa I think.

3. She was married to foreign national (Filipino)

1. You said she was divorced in Nevada even though she never lived there. Why? Does her ex live there?

2. Did she file the divorce? Or did her former spouse?

3. Why did she also marry in Nevada? Or is this a typo and you meant to write "legal difficulties if the U.S. government that is in charge of these things were to find out that she got marrieddivorced through a state she never lived in"

4. What visa did she enter on?

From what i understand (and please correct me where i'm wrong). Your friend WAS married to another USC. She obtained a divorce through Nevada and had that marriage recognised in the Philippines. Married her NEW USC and obtained an immigration benefit from him. She is concerned that if her divorce in Nevada is invalid, that she was never really married to her new USC, and therefore not eligible for immigration benefits from him. Right?

She was married to a Filipno all her life until recently. Her new marriage is to a USC to obtain immigration benefit. Her eyes are still looking for a better "catch" as she says, and I feel for the man because he doesn't know, but that is another story. I try to tell her to be happy with who she found but I can only say so much.

She is especially worried that when she goes for the two year review meeting it will be found out that she knew her divorce was fraudulently gotten and she will be in trouble.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She was married to a Filipno all her life until recently. Her new marriage is to a USC to obtain immigration benefit.

Closing thread for TOS violation: "Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method."

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.