Serilei

2 weeks processing time for i130?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I am a US citizen in Russia right now, and I had my brothers wife back in the US get all my stuff together and sent off May 2nd 2012, it successfully arrived May 7th, I get an Email that says

"Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number (number)"

Then I check my case last night on the USCIS and it says

"Post Decision Activity

On May 17, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

How is it possible that it was accepted that quickly? While I have NO complaints what-so-ever, I thought it was normally like 5 months processing time? Or did I just get lucky?

Also how do I start my time line here!?

Thanks

USICS Stage

May 2nd 2012 - I-130 Sent By Mail

May 7th 2012 - Arrived At Lockbox

May 10th 2012 - NOA 1 Email (rerouted to California)

May 17th 2012 - Accepted - NOA 2 Mail sent (To Russia - Not Arrived yet)

NVC Stage

June 20th 2012 - NVC Received + Case Number

You must have used your address in Russia. It seems that USCIS is fast-tracking petitions from US citizens who reside abroad. There are many of us (myself included) who have been lucky to go through USCIS so quickly: Read through this thread and add your info if you like.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did the sister-in-law indicate that you lived in Russia? While it is not an official rule, we have found here on VJ that when the petitioner lives abroad, the petition gets fast tracked and so yes, 2 weeks is possible for approval.

On your Timeline, click on "Timeline" under your name and country on the left of your post, and you should be able to add your timeline.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Did the sister-in-law indicate that you lived in Russia? While it is not an official rule, we have found here on VJ that when the petitioner lives abroad, the petition gets fast tracked and so yes, 2 weeks is possible for approval.

On your Timeline, click on "Timeline" under your name and country on the left of your post, and you should be able to add your timeline.

Well we scanned everything here, and sent it to her by email and she printed it out, I wrote them a big nice letter explaining why she sent it off because of money order and bank issues, and that I was living in Russia still, so they had gotten the full understatement.

My mind was completely blown when I saw it though, 2 weeks. I really was not expecting this that fast honestly. I had no idea it goes faster because of me being abroad. I just really want to make sure I have all of this correct, and not making a mistake and my hopes get shattered.

I have rechecked my case number like 8 times :P

Thank you for the reply :)

USICS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline

You must have used your address in Russia. It seems that USCIS is fast-tracking petitions from US citizens who reside abroad. There are many of us (myself included) who have been lucky to go through USCIS so quickly: Read through this thread and add your info if you like.

May I ask how fast yours went though? :)

USICS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline

Yep, cases where the USC is residing in the beneficiary's home country get auto-expedited. It seems to be a new, unofficial rule since DCF isn't possible in most countries anymore.

I am still very surprised, because we went to Moscow to DCF and I couldnt because I had to be in Russia for a consecutive 6 months without leaving, even though I had been there for over a year, I had to leave every 3 months for a new visa in Finland.

So again, I am surprised even with DCF in moscow they still approved it so quickly.

USICS Stage

NVC Stage

May I ask how fast yours went though? :)

For me, from NOA1 to NOA2, it took 13 days. If you scroll through the thread I linked, you will find many more people.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

• 2 months later...

For me, from NOA1 to NOA2, it took 13 days. If you scroll through the thread I linked, you will find many more people.

based on your timeline, that was quick! praying mine would be the same.

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

August 23, 2012 - Sent I-130

August 28, 2012 - NOA1 via email

September 25, 2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

November 21, 2012 - NOA2 via email

NVC

November 29, 2012 - NVC case received (Case # not ready)

December 3, 2012 - NVC case number and IIn received

December 3, 2012 - Choice of Agent e-mail sent (DS 3032)

December 5, 2012 - AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid

December 11, 2012 - AOS Packet sent

December 12, 2012 - DS 3032 accepted

December 13, 2012 - IV Bill Invoiced

December 31, 2012 - Checklist for AOS (forgot to put N/A on part 6)

January 16, 2013 - AOS packet accepted (they are waiting for IV Fee payment)

January 25, 2013 - IV Bill paid

January 28, 2013 - IV Bill shows PAID - IV Packet sent

February 7, 2013 - IV return checklist incomplete dates on DS230

February 8, 2013 - sent checklist

February 15, 2013 - CASE COMPLETE!!

March 6, 2013 - Packet 4 received

April 1, 2013 - Interview at the USEM MANILA-APPROVED :)

Minor Daughter's I-130

January 28, 2013 - I-130 Sent

January 30, 2013 - I-130 received Phoenix, AZ

February 8, 2013 - hardcopy NOA1

April 18, 2013 - NOA2 :)

NVC

May 9, 2013 - NVC received

May 23, 2013 - Case number and IIN received

May 23, 2013 - emailed DS3032 (choice of agent)

May 28, 2013 - AOS invoiced and paid

June 5, 2013 - Ds3032 accepted

June 6, 2013 - IV FEE invoiced, Paid

June 8, 2013 - IV packet sent

June 14, 2013 - Case sent the the Embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.