Aimee K

Thinking of early walk-in for biometrics?

246 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, NataBubu said:

Hello everyone, I had biometrics on march 2 but office was closed, and when I called they told me that gonna sent me new biometrics appointment but nothing for now. So, can I just go there with my old letter and ask to get it done? 

No they'll send you a letter with a new appointment. 

On 8/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Kelly D said:

I am trying to find an earlier appointment time for biometrics.  I have an appointment, but need to be out of the country before my scheduled time.  The center is a 2 hour drive, and I will need to take off work; I can't just pop over and see if they can squeeze me in.  When I call USCIS, they can't seem to understand what I am asking.  Any ideas? 

Is your center one of the ones that people have had good experience with?  If so, it may be worth a try...

Edited by ProbeGT
error

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

Does anyone know roughly how long, on average, it takes to receive a biometrics appointment notice after applying for a reentry permit in the current COVID conditions?  

We applied for one in May, so we are hoping we get our appointment notice soon.

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if one can go to a different ASC than the one on the notice?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I wanted to post about my experience trying to go early for a biometrics appointment at the Atlanta Center. 

I was *not* successful. 

I had an appointment set for later in Dec, and informed them I would be out of town so please can I do biometrics today. 

I don’t know if early walk ins were possible for Atlanta biometrics before, but it seems with covid there is no chance. Especially as the biometrics letter came with an additional covid letter, that specifically said “only show up on your scheduled date and time”. 

The security guy I spoke to did at least tell me that if I’m out of town on the date of my biometrics, I can go to the nearest service center on the date and time of my appointment. 

Another VJ user with a similar timeline to mine also tried to do early walk in today and was given the same response. 

Sorry I couldn’t bring better news! Best of luck with your immigration journeys 🙂 

• 3 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey so i my husband got an email (i-130) to do his biometrics at a different consulate than what we originally set up and requesting him to go to rio at the same date and time. He gets there extremely early for a number of reasons and they allow him to enter and do his biometrics. They first say they don't have his name on the list then want him to show they email but they're not allowed phones. So they take his biometrics anyways and gets a stamp at the back of his passport. When the consulate closes at 5 i get an email saying he didn't attend but he received the stamp sticker on the back of his passport and did get his photo and finger prints taken. Do we have to reschedule? or should we call the consulate to make sure it was a system mistake?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.