lukie123

Manila office and DCF process ?'s

3 posts in this topic

Hello Ya’ll!!!

Today my love of my life and I got married:D now for the fun of dealing with getting her to the US:/ This is my first post here on VJ but I have been browsing through the forums for the last couple of weeks. After a bunch of research over the internet, I found that I may qualify for DCF because I have been here as a student in the Philippines for the last 2 years. I emailed the USCIS field office in Manila and was told that I do qualify I just had to show proof of my student status but that was it they didn’t answer my other questions I had emailed about:( Filing DCF would get her over to the US in a shorter amount of time I have read. Now I think I have a pretty good handle on the DCF process but then again I am not sure. I have been trying to contact the USCIS via phone but have been having difficulty trying to reach them. I just got an email back but that was pretty much saying I do qualify to go through the Manila office. Now I have a few concerns; one I will be heading back to the U.S. on June 15th which is coming up very shortly. As I said today we just got married so I understand there documents that now have become invalid such as my wife’s passport as her name has now changed. On Monday we will head to Bacolod and get her new passport started. Now getting it back before we head to Manila might be a problem as they said even the express service is taking 20 working days: / Now I have been reading a few different sources for requirements to file the I-130. Some say a passport OR Birth certificate. She already has the birth certificate. So to me I think its alright, now this is something that would be an easy question to clear up with a phone call to Manila USCIS but since I have been having a big problem trying to get in touch with them through the phone I have decided to take my question here as time is kind of an issue for us. The way I understand it as long as the I-130 is filed by the time I leave the Philippines that everything else can either be done by her or by mail (I think..errr…I hope). Once again this is an easy question that the Manila office could answer but because of issues with that I have decided to ask people how their experience has been. Now I know we are going to have to hustle pretty hard to turn in before June 15…if we don’t hey its not the end of the world but it would be nice to shave a few months off the waiting time right?

As soon possible I will be getting her on my lease of my apartment and getting a bank account in our names and start depositing. I know getting everything done before the 15th of June is a long shot but we serve a God who makes the impossible… possible so with lots of prayer and hard work I am really hoping we can make it happen. If not, God is still good and I have a few extra months to prepare before she comes. Either way it’s a win:D I would greatly appreciate any help guys, God Bless.

-Luke

Edited by lukie123

Once approved for the I-130, your case will go to the NVC where you will have to prove that you can support her and have an established residence in the USA. You can get a co-sponsor if you have a relative that is willing to sign as a co-sponsor if you don't meet the minimum income requirement. Good luck in getting her here. It could take close to a year to get her here.

Once approved for the I-130, your case will go to the NVC where you will have to prove that you can support her and have an established residence in the USA. You can get a co-sponsor if you have a relative that is willing to sign as a co-sponsor if you don't meet the minimum income requirement. Good luck in getting her here. It could take close to a year to get her here.

Thanks Best!!!

I should have mentioned that, yes my Father has already agreed to help me with a co-sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.