M+G

People in the NVC stage of their K-1 visa

186 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

is anybody here who got there NOA2 in may 3rd or beginning of it, and still don't have a case number??? If yes, what you guys did?? I have been calling them everyday, and they still don;t have my approval notice :(

Filed: Timeline

is anybody here who got there NOA2 in may 3rd or beginning of it, and still don't have a case number??? If yes, what you guys did?? I have been calling them everyday, and they still don;t have my approval notice :(

I received my NOA2 on April 30th and have yet heard from the NVC... They advised me to send a scaned copy of my NOA2 to nvcresearch@state.gov

I am have found that a lot of the people who received the NOA2 on Late April or early May, are having issues with the NVC...

This is it!.. The embassy now has received the docs (as per DHL trick).

My fiancee went for the medical today, I can confirm that they in fact need information which is sent to you in your packet, but as she doesn't have one of the necessary vaccines (which she'll get tomorrow) she will still have to go back for a follow up visit, but at least the bulk of the check up is now done and everything will be ready for when the time comes. Check-up cost $150.

Hoping to plead our case for an interview for the first, second week of June next week upon receiving the packet (Filling out the DS forms already). :thumbs:

Congrats and way to be proactive! My guy and I just finished compiling all the information for the DS forms and they're in a package waiting to be sent off the day he receives the packet 3 letter from London :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello from K1-CANADIAN -Beneficiary (VANCOUVER)

NOA2: May 10, 2012

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance...."

As previously mentioned, every case is different. I REALLY didn't need to call the NVC regarding the status of my file, but I did yesterday.

I read the first sentence of the notice to the NVC lady, and she suggested contacting the consulate in Vancouver, 15 business days from the notice date. That call just gave my fiance (the USC) & I peace of mind until June 1st. (when the 15 business days are up).

Good luck & Happy Journeysstar_smile.gif

All cases leaving VSC/CSC are sent to NVC then sent out to the embassy. I don't know why our NOA2's say sent to the embassy. I have read many post about this on VJ. The best thing to do is, When you see you have been approved (NOA2 text or email notice) wait 5-7 days and give NVC a call (speak to a human) Check on your case status. If they have your case in the system they will give you a new case number. Your case "Could Be" at NVC from 2 - 6 weeks. If you don't want the stress of being put on hold for along while then try the dhl trick to watch for packages going to your countries embassy then give NVC a call to get a status update. At NVC the folks answering the phones are very nice so if you want to call you will be treated well.

Good Luck To Everyone waiting at the NVC level.

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I received my NOA2 on April 30th and have yet heard from the NVC... They advised me to send a scaned copy of my NOA2 to nvcresearch@state.gov

I am have found that a lot of the people who received the NOA2 on Late April or early May, are having issues with the NVC...

hey i just called them n they got mine now..you should try calling them too..i hope yours is there also..

Can anybody explain to me what the "DHL" trick is??? how do you do that?

Hi! Go back one page on this thread. It's posted here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367334-people-in-the-nvc-stage-of-their-k-1-visa/page__st__120__p__5396016#entry5396016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hello all! Just an FYI - Lithuanian embassy gives you the option to avoid physical mail and to do your correspondence via email. I suggest at the point of contacting your own embassy, wherever it may be, asking about such an option. :thumbs:

We got our Packet 3 and returned it today (via email)! :whistle:

Timeline

Here comes a story of what could have been.. Since we thought that we had all necessary documents, we even got assigned an interview date for next Tuesday..just to find out that because my fiancée spent over a year in Germany, she needs to get a police thing from there saying she has no criminal record.. Meaning up to two weeks to obtain thar. This is heartbreaking at this point.

Timeline

Here comes a story of what could have been.. Since we thought that we had all necessary documents, we even got assigned an interview date for next Tuesday..just to find out that because my fiancée spent over a year in Germany, she needs to get a police thing from there saying she has no criminal record.. Meaning up to two weeks to obtain thar. This is heartbreaking at this point.

Sorry to hear that.

Info for everyone: You need a police record/ certificate from every country you've lived in for more than 6 months since age 16. Sad part in some countries it can take from 1 to 2 months to get it.

I hope you get it soon M&G

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Sorry to hear that.

Info for everyone: You need a police record/ certificate from every country you've lived in for more than 6 months since age 16. Sad part in some countries it can take from 1 to 2 months to get it.

I hope you get it soon M&G

In the letter they specified a YEAR, not 6 months (living in a different country) A year is ridiculous enough, 6 months would be total nonsense!

Timeline

In the letter they specified a YEAR, not 6 months (living in a different country) A year is ridiculous enough, 6 months would be total nonsense!

1 year? It must be different for the country you need it from.. the DOS info states: Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#6

event.png

event.png

Hi guys!!! I am really excited to join you guys on this stage!! I hope we can all get through it quickly!!! Good luck!!!

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Timeline

Hi guys!!! I am really excited to join you guys on this stage!! I hope we can all get through it quickly!!! Good luck!!!

Congrats and welcome! I believe that there is a lot of useful information in this thread now that so many people have joined and commented. Hope it's useful to you! (I started it the day I got my NOA2 - so this is where you can expect to be in 3 weeks, if all goes more or less right!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.