wja1963

Bogota: Visa shipped via DHL?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

At the Bogota Consulate information page (http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota):

"Visas are now being shipped to beneficiary via DHL (a courier). You select delivery point when you select interview date and pay online. Visas may NOT be picked up at the embassy. Beneficiary can stipulate delivery address and MAY be able to pick up the visa at the DHL office. Example reasons for picking up the visa at DHL include that you are staying at a hotel. Your best, safest, fastest and cheapest option is to pick up your passport at the delivery service's office in Bogota."

I dont quite understand how the pickup works: how long does it take to get the VISA from the delivery service office? Who do I contact?

What is the alternative?

Shipping the VISA means we have to stay in Bogota after the interview to be able to get it fast, this makes it very difficult to plan anything.

What is the best way to approach this?

Any suggestions, experience, concerns?

At the Bogota Consulate information page (http://www.visajourn...mbia&cty=Bogota):

"Visas are now being shipped to beneficiary via DHL (a courier). You select delivery point when you select interview date and pay online. Visas may NOT be picked up at the embassy. Beneficiary can stipulate delivery address and MAY be able to pick up the visa at the DHL office. Example reasons for picking up the visa at DHL include that you are staying at a hotel. Your best, safest, fastest and cheapest option is to pick up your passport at the delivery service's office in Bogota."

I dont quite understand how the pickup works: how long does it take to get the VISA from the delivery service office? Who do I contact?

What is the alternative?

Shipping the VISA means we have to stay in Bogota after the interview to be able to get it fast, this makes it very difficult to plan anything.

What is the best way to approach this?

Any suggestions, experience, concerns?

The Packet 3/4 gives you the website to go and pay the VISA fee. When you create the account, you enter the details where you want the VISA package to go. Pay more for home delivery. Pay less to have it delivered to the local DHL counter. The package can then be picked up by the person who's VISA is intended for. How long, they give an estimate of 2 weeks for delivery. Does it take two weeks, depends, but I have been told 7 to 10 days.

Edited by OZ62

K1 VISA PROCESS
2011-10-24: I-129F Sent from Doral, FL to lock box, Dallas, TX
2011-10-31: Received USCIS NOA1 Letter
2012-04-02 (8:30AM): I-129F Approved. NO RFE!
2012-04-06: Received USCIS NOA2 Letter
2012-06-06: Interview / Approved!!!
2012-06-15: (2:20PM) POE Miami International Airport
2012-06-26: Married

AOS PROCESS
2012-08-31: Sent I-485 and I-765 applications from Doral, FL to lock box, Chicago, IL
2012-09-06: Case accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing
2012-09-13: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's (9/6/12) and the Biometrics appointment letter
2012-10-03: Biometrics taken
2012-11-05: I-765 - Approved - Employment Authorization Card production ordered
2012-11-09: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card mailed
2012-11-13: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card received

2013-07-05 (11:45AM): AOS Approved. NO RFE. NO Interview.

2013-07-11: Green Card mailed.

2013-07-12: Received I-797, NOA, Welcome to the USA

2013-07-15: Green Card received.

2016-04-06: Earliest Accepted ROC Filing Date

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:
308 days (10 months & 8 days) since AOS package was sent
302 days (10 months & 2 days) since NOA1
275 days (9 months & 5 days) since Biometrics taken

1PVym5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OZ is correct. When you create your account & pay your fee then you get to select which DHL office you want to pick up the Visa from. It took us 10 days before our Visa was able to be picked up. If you are hoping to expedite/shorten that time frame...FORGET ABOUT IT. I had a letter from my congressman and met with the Director of Immigration at the Bogota Embassy and he said "no exceptions." It took 10 days.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I did my Fiancee visa application and got responde by vermont service center on January 3rd, my immigration lawyer told me that i do not need the I-135 and I-184 affidavits, even though i do not make over poverty level for myself and my fiancee. I had the documents of my co-sponsors already done and he said no. not until she arrives in usa, for adjustment of status is that needed. Is he wrong? will i get rejected by USCIS or by Embassy in Bogota?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.