~PalmTreeGurl~

TLC ( the learning channel) being 70 & pregnant

102 posts in this topic

It is not wrong or right, it's a pesonal choice.

The 10 year old offspring is so going to have all sorts of fun playing and learning ball from his/her 80 year old person. They are going to run all over the local park playing cricket, soccer, badmington, etc So very cool and nurturing.

Yes, the kid will be running all over the park, but the father would be doing what any other father is doing today observing his child play.

Did you even read what I wrote? Who said raising a child at an older age is irresponsible? And who said that women of a certain age don't have the factuality or mentality to raise a child? Not me. Perhaps you better read my comment again.

For families that are unable to conceive naturually, IVF is an amazing medical option to get pregnant, if it works. IMO, I think if a women (of bearing years) chooses to do this then more power to her.

And I do believe your question as already been answered. It's NOT IDEAL for reasons already stated in this thread. But since you don't read through the comments, I'll repeat -- Life expectancy, health concerns, and lower energy levels.

Frankly, we are all entitled to our opinions, which are solely that, our own opinions.

So, if you, at 70 want to go and get knocked up...go ahead but when you end up on the international news, you best believe I'm going to talk about your #######.

May I ask why are you so angry? I am just debating your arguments back to you with counter arguments. That is what a debate is, everyone can have a personal opinion, but to say something is wrong about a woman choice to have a child without valid arguments doesn't lead to sound reasoning.

The statement that I have put in quote from you, ends all arguments, you don't have a reason, just a season as why you don't appreciate the beauty of science.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

But why is it wrong for an older woman to make this kind of decision? No one has be able to answer this question, all everyone has said is they don't think it is right. But why is it wrong?

Because the rights of the child should be put above the rights of the mother.

I remember when we were in school and our mothers came for the parent-teacher conference, how proud we would be that ours were the youngest and prettiest looking out of the bunch.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In a more humorous note, my husband just told me about an ironic, yet somewhat unfortunate situation.

Ok, so we all hear about Egypt being high fraud and the usual scam victim: the lady past "child bearing" age. Let's go marry the desperate "housewife wannabe" and get a green card. Afterall, she can't get pregnant.

Well, an acquaintance of his friend just told him about this same situation (how weird) but the scam victim is German; just when we thoguht this only happens to Americans. He flirts and courts a lady he met on vacation in Alexandria. She meets his family, signs an orfi contract and then... they get a vacation apartment together on her third visit. She returns to Germany and there it is, she's pregnant.

He is 24, she is 48. She is incredibly happy she finally will have a baby. He is incredibly pi$$ed! Furthermore, his family has chastised him and.... forget it. He is a mess.

I know I'm terrible, but I must admit, I couldn't stop laughing. You know why? Because even though the prospect of becoming a single mom is inevitable, she WANTS the child..... even at 48. Whereas the 24 year old is destroyed with the idea of having a child, as it is "punishment" for scamming someone (so he says).

I remember when we were in school and our mothers came for the parent-teacher conference, how proud we would be that ours were the youngest and prettiest looking out of the bunch.

This is probably one of the most selfish arguments I've ever read.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Your argument doesn't lead to a valid reasoning, so poor people shouldn't have children? Single mothers shouldn't have children, and parents shouldn't divorce if I use your argument. Does any of this make sense?

Are you really saying a woamn in her mature age can't be pretty. Please, Please don't mature, it will scare the he?? out of you. BTW, a mature woman can be prettier and sextier than any 20 year old child.

Amen! Are you serious? How superficial!

Timeline

Your argument doesn't lead to a valid reasoning, so poor people shouldn't have children? Single mothers shouldn't have children, and parents shouldn't divorce if I use your argument. Does any of this make sense?

No one should have children, unless they can provide from them in all aspects. Yes,if you can't afford to support yourself, you shouldn't have children. If you aren't mentally stable, you shouldn't have children. If you are single, ditto.

Life happens, but it is out duty to make sure we give them the best start in life possible.

Are you really saying a woamn in her mature age can't be pretty. Please, Please don't mature, it will scare the he?? out of you. BTW, a mature woman can be prettier and sextier than any 20 year old child.

I am pointing out hoq a child sees the world, did you miss that part? Can you imagine the teasing over mommy-granny? W

This is probably one of the most selfish arguments I've ever read.

You mean children are selfish? No way!

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

"I remember when we were in school and our mothers came for the parent-teacher conference, how proud we would be that ours were the youngest and prettiest looking out of the bunch".

If that's a reason, it's pretty lame.....

And I'm in the middle on this one. While I think it's a woman's choice, I also think there are a lot of things to consider....like if I was wanting to have a child in my 60's, 70's, etc. my child probably wouldn't have grandparents, and their child probably wouldn't have grandparents. Maybe I wouldn't see my child graduate, and they wouldn't have a parent at their graduation. Lots of reasons along those lines. Not sure I agree with the energy level one though because I've seen older women and men with tons of energy...but patience for sure, because most people as they age don't have the amount of patience as they did when they were younger.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

she WANTS the child..... even at 48.

Wonder how healthy that child will be.

event.png

Timeline

Peter Pan, how often do you inter-act with young children? Your reasonings are quite in-valid. No ones teases a child because their parents are mature. Do you think children are teased beacuse their parents are fat, ugly, no teeth, too dark, too light, bald skinny no education, etc. The list could go on forever.

I hope that when you mature life treats you well.

Again, I am telling you from my own experience.

And yes, children are teased about their parents, which world are you living in?

With the wonders of science the child and mother has a great chance of having good health. That is the beauty of science.

Is Down curable and I've missed the memo?

event.png

Timeline

Not quite sure who/what your last 2 statements are pretaining to?

Peter_pan's surreal statements...

Wonder how healthy that child will be.

More than likely, healthier than yours....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.