~PalmTreeGurl~

TLC ( the learning channel) being 70 & pregnant

102 posts in this topic

Considering the fact that you're still pretty young, Tamara, I wouldn't cut myself off at 5 years. I'd say you have a good 10 years left to try, safely. I wish you the best of luck in trying to conceive. :star:

And you never know what medical advances they will have for your conditions over the next 5-10 years. Most important thing, I think, is having doctors who are up on the most advanced and effective treatments.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Agreed. :thumbs:

And you never know what medical advances they will have for your conditions over the next 5-10 years. Most important thing, I think, is having doctors who are up on the most advanced and effective treatments.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

I don't have a huge age gap or anything but if I were unable to conceive I think I would consider adoption. Even then I still wouldn't adopt an infant/child past a certain age.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think that it's not only irresponsible of the parents, past the age of 50, doing IVF but the doctors who preform the IVF should be held responsible for this as well. Unfortunately, some counties have no regards for ethics -- money talks. Hello...Octomom and 70 year old, first time mama.

Yes risks, for mother and babies, rise as you get older; miscarriages, stillbirths, genetic disorders, just to name a few. I mean there is a reason our bodies don't allow us to have babies after a certain age, period! In addition, losing a parent is hard enough but the risk of losing them at a young age is obvious when you are that old having a child. As for adopting, here in the U.S., isn't there an age limit as to how old you can be to adopt, as well?

And Tamera, like the others have said, you are young enough to give yourself at least the next 10+ years to have a child. I'd stop torturing your hubby and yourself with taking regular pregnancy tests. I did that with my first child, which took us 3 1/2 years to conceive. It's very emotionally draining, as I'm sure you are well aware. Anyhow, God willing, pregnancy will come to you two soon, although until that happens, which you wanting a child so much, perhaps considering adoption might be an option?

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Just as long as he is not disappointed with the TRYING... :blush:

:rofl: Amen to that!

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

One of my cousins married an Egyptian guy when she was 49.5. He was 12 years younger. To their pleasant surprise, she spontaneously conceived within a month, had an uneventful pregnancy. Now, they're raising their 7 year old son together. He's perfectly normal, healthy and the apple of their eye. She also has a 30 year old daughter from her first marriage. So, you never know. God is the best of planners.

Timeline

My mother is in her mid 60s and has some health problems. She takes care of my daughter the 3 hours in between the time when my husband leaves for work and I get home from work. That 3 hours is all she can handle. No way could she care for my 6 month old or her 14 and 15 yr old brothers full time. I'm sure there are a lot of grandmas out there her age raising their grandkids full time but I'm sure it's not without some sort of struggle. At least on some days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Based on what most of you'll wrote here, you’ll feel that it is irresponsible for a grandparent to raise their grandchild if the natural parents are unable to do so. What is the difference between an older woman birthing a child and one who has been left with the responsibility of raising their grand children?

Let take out the medical and health reason that could complicate a pregnancy, these issues can arise not matter what age a woman is when conceiving.

Exactly my thoughts. Although I agree with having a cut off age to have kids, I also must state that doing so is a personal decision. There shouldn't be a law nor doctors should be held accountable for helping people in their 50's-60's conceive. I personally established 45 as my cut off age. My husband will be 39 at that time. We discussed this prior to getting married. The decision has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks of us or the like.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Based on what most of you'll wrote here, you'll feel that it is irresponsible for a grandparent to raise their grandchild if the natural parents are unable to do so. What is the difference between an older woman birthing a child and one who has been left with the responsibility of raising their grand children?

Let take out the medical and health reason that could complicate a pregnancy, these issues can arise not matter what age a woman is when conceiving.

It's one thing if the pregnancy happens naturally at an older age because, I believe, God knows best. In the case of IVF it's totally different.

Absolutely, NO ONE in this thread said that it's irresponsible for a grandparent to raise their grandchild. Hell, I know plenty of families that grandparents are the ones raising the children for whatever reason. Having a baby of your own at an older age via IVF and being a grandparent., really? How could you even compare the two!?! I wouldn't imagine there are many granparents out there thinking that "Oh, I can't wait to be the sole provider - emotional, mentally and physically for my grandbabies that my own child can't take care of for whatever reason."

So no, these issues wouldn't arise at an age because IVF is is a choice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've seen that documentary. While I think most of the women involved in the documentary are fine mothers, I think it's irresponsible to have a child being that old. So potentially dangerous to both the child and mother. I don't have an exact age in mind that I believe is best for motherhood but for me, I don't think I would have a child past about 42 yrs of age. I don't think I could handle taking care of a newborn past that age, personally. Not that I think 42 is old or anything. I just think of the risks involved and I think about how old I would be when the child is say 10 or 15 and how I would handle raising said child.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.