Princess In Love

N-400 FILERS - MAY 2012

739 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Tomorrow is 1.5 months since I have been placed in line for interview scheduling. The wait is making me feel drowsy :sleepy:

You'll probably just get the letter without a notice. Apparently Im not the only one, mine still says placed in line for interview and I got the letter 2 days ago! :)

Tomorrow is 1.5 months since I have been placed in line for interview scheduling. The wait is making me feel drowsy :sleepy:

I'm also at the NYC local office. I've been placed in line since July/30th. I think NYC is one of the slowest... I would still give them a call if its 1.5 months late.. Good luck :)!

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

I feel your pain, I've been in line since 7/10/2012. New York has a lot of immigrants, it's an election year, and it's summer vacation season, so I guess we just have to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife's case is also In NYC. Had FPs on June 22 and in line shows from June 26 but now interview letter yet :( pls update our record. I guess its time to give them a call...

by the way, can someone who already has received int letter tell whether their online status with USCIS has updated to reflect the same? if not, I'd be worried about letter being lost :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Please pray for me, my interview is tomorrow @ 9:45 am in San Francisco. God's will be done!

Best of luck, and please let us know how it went. I have an interview in the same office next week. My wife is quizzing me on the 100 questions every night. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please pray for me, my interview is tomorrow @ 9:45 am in San Francisco. God's will be done!

Good luck

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I've just sent a request to reschedule the interview because I can't make the date/time that they have chosen. I hope it won't cause a problem.

At this point, I'm not worrying about the delay. I'm just hoping that they can reschedule the interview when I can make it. :whistle:

- M

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Somalia
Timeline

FINALLY GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER ..

INTERVIEW IS SEPTEMBER 19TH

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE UPDATE MY INTERVIEW DATE THANKS

LASTLY STILL MY ONLINE STATUS SAYS INITIAL REVIEW AND I GOT THE INTERVIEW LETTER #SURPRISE#

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday at the San Diego downtown office. I was married in September 2006 and divorced in June 2010. I had applied based on the 5 year rule. I have no children, tickets, or any anomalies. The interviewer kept prodding my past marriage and writing what I said directly on my form such as argued a lot and did not get along (he would say it out loud as he wrote things). He would try to trick me constantly by saying things such as so was she unfaithful or were you? He pretended to write and said out loud after 2 months of the marriage things were sour (I had previously said 3 years)? Did you fight about finances? Who do you live with now? Do you have a girlfriend? What does she do? The questions went on and on. The questions were bizarre and he kept grilling me in an annoying manner to prove my marriage was fraud. Apparently not having children is weird. I married young at the age of 22 so children weren't in the books. He again asked me about infidelity. At this point I snapped at him and let him know how I felt. To which he replied that if I go on the offense he can make things really bad for me. I told him I was on the defense and I think he got the message because the marital questions ended there. He said that he's doing his job and I should appreciate that they do fraud checks and don't just hand out citizenship. I was approved in the end and I apologized to him about my outburst and left. I still feel as though all of this was excessive and unnecessary creating a negative experience for a day that otherwise was delightful.

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

My wife's case is also In NYC. Had FPs on June 22 and in line shows from June 26 but now interview letter yet :( pls update our record. I guess its time to give them a call...

by the way, can someone who already has received int letter tell whether their online status with USCIS has updated to reflect the same? if not, I'd be worried about letter being lost :(

I was just checking on the April Filers' page. There are several people who are now US Citizens whose online status is still "In line for interview scheduling" so it seems that the USCIS does not update the online status very often.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.