Gemini70

Conspiracy to deny....

44 posts in this topic

I only sent the application... My fault... I didn't know!!!! :crying:

Ouch that hurts. I'm not talking the money, I'm talking the lost 150 days. At least you've now found yourself to the right place to get it done right now. We have a conspiracy going here to, its to help everyone get together with their loved one.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Dude, we all know your mistake; ergo YOU KNOW YOUR OWN MISTAKE. Its not only submitting your documents; but other things like; a cover letter annotating your attachments and documentation. This website and portal has helped me with something that seemed impossible and intimidating, I'm glad to say; we got our K1 Visa.

Its just seems you weren't serious about your petition; doesn't make sense, not even to vent; I agree with Bec_Dipu

Edited by bobargenis

Dude, we all know your mistake; ergo YOU KNOW YOUR OWN MISTAKE. Its not only submitting your documents; but other things like; a cover letter annotating your attachments and documentation. This website and portal has helped me with something that seemed impossible and intimidating, I'm glad to say; we got our K1 Visa.

Its just seems you weren't serious about your petition; doesn't make sense, not even to vent; I agree with Bec_Dipu

In the interest of fairness, I agree that, without VJ, this whole process seems impossible and intimidating.

It seems that the OP started the process before finding VJ. I don't know how I would have done if I hadn't found this site first. I probably would have made some disastrous mistakes as well.

To the OP, all you can do is keep going. If you have to start all over, then at least you'll know more now than you did before. Just hang in there.

Also, get acquainted with your regional forum so you'll know as much as you can about the next step.

Good luck.

Thanks, I am fully aware on what I should have done. Like I said, I was overseas when I file. People make mistakes. I will await what the letter states. I always say it's a conspricacy, even when it's my fault. I thank all for reading my post. :innocent:

Hey Gemini70, it's very true that "people make mistakes", but some mistatkes are very costly. Notonly is there money involved, but also time and emotions. Don't feel too bad though; At least you're big enough to recognize your shortcomings and that is the first step in solving any problem. I pray that you get an RFE instead of a denial, and no matter what you get: GOOD LUCK IN YOUR JURNEY.

event.png

"The Choices We Make, Dictate The Lives We Lead"

bHqcm4.png

event.png

To only send in the I-129 and the check means he didn't even read the instructions that come with the form. Someone had to be super excited or in a very big rush. At least you're at the right place now. If you get an RFE instead of a straight reject, be very careful to be very complete. Start gathering everything now like you're starting from scratch, because you're going to need it all if RFEed or denied.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I'm not sure but for what we figure it out is that you are not suppose to send the petition from overseas, that may be THE BIG REASON witch it doesn't make sence, but that's the only thing I can think of. Sorry about that :(

denial sux but it will be a lesson learned the hard way for next time...........and for god's sake what people throw themselves in a visa process without having the information about it????? we looked everywhere for info for 1 year before making this step and we still made a mistake that could have costed us. this is not a russian roulette, is a life changing process!

Edited by DeeDee&Sam

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello VJers... Help me Jesus!! I recieved a text stating... "Our case has been updated" I was so nervous. I recently passed the five month of processing, and I sent in a service ticket. Anyway.... I was too scared to check. When I logged in on my cell phone and saw that Denial..... I almost passed out. Who is making these decisions? How dare did they deny me without an RFE??? WT*! I am so confused... 150 days of waiting. I know my package was missing proof, like photos, or paasport copies, required docs. I didn't know that I needed those things. I filed my petition in Iraq. I didn't even enclosed the fee. When I returned from overseas, I saw the rejected letter, and then I sent in the monies for the fee.

So now, USCIS is just taking money and denying... I know everyone up here is working hard to pay these filing fees, AOS and so on.. How can my life be in someone else hands, who is just looking for a way to deny. Why didn't I get the RFE? I would have had the proof.. I need prayer. Thanks for reading this... I hope everyone will have a great day! :crying:

Hi I read your post and I must say honestly you shoudnt send something and even paying before reading about it.I send the AOS and it was pretty a lot of papers.I'am 19 years old and it's hard to prove your love and relationship to your husband but I did it pretty good.(Sent:25 pictures of us,copy of his ID,SS,passport mine and his every single page tree times copyed,our trip to NY tickets that we set together on the airplane etc)

And even with all of those evidence I got RFE!They asked again for the same thing (proof that my husband is usa citizen even I send them all those evidence) and I sent them all I got.I hope you got the point what I meant to say.Sorry for bad english still learning.Hope this info helped you.Best wishes in the future

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry I was so harsh in my first statement.

This may actually be a blessing in disguise. K-1 applicants face a lot of trouble in India, especially if they are not Indian/Indian couples. This is your opportunity to research this site and read the stories of other recent K-1 applicants specifically in India. You can learn from their experiences to submit the best mix of evidence possible. It will also emotionally prepare you if you end up in AP or with a denial once you get to the interview stage. You can also assess if it would be wiser to just get married and then file as it seems like the marriage visas have a significantly easier time in India.

Good luck on your journey!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

I'm not sure but for what we figure it out is that you are not suppose to send the petition from overseas, that may be THE BIG REASON witch it doesn't make sence, but that's the only thing I can think of. Sorry about that

Lots of people who live abroad have sent their packet from overseas. It makes no difference.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Lots of people who live abroad have sent their packet from overseas. It makes no difference.

Agreed :thumbs: It wouldn't matter where in the world you are sending it from. ALL I-129Fs go to the same US address or lockbox if it makes it to its destination.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Timeline

This goes out to Gemini and anybody else who will be doing a k1 visa is in the future...

I'm sorry you got denied but when it comes to something important like this, you should always read the directions. Once you read the directions read them again another 2 or 3 times. Once you understand what is needed of you to do, go ahead and gather everything the directions ask you to do. Instead of just putting the basics in what it is asking you to do, put in extra ( I included 3 years of w-2's, 15 pictures, letters from both of my parents stating that there was a relationship between my fiance and me and that they were also in contact with my fiance, and a letter from my employer stating I was currently employed and in great standing at my job. I did all of this just for my I-129F packet) I know some of you might think all that is over-kill but hey, I love my fiance and I want to provide as much evidence as I can to show I care for her.

Ok.. Once your packet is completed(meaning everything the directions asked for) go through your packet over and over checking every signature, date and anything that is important, basically the whole packet.. If you feel that it is missing something or you have a bad feeling in your stomach about it, add more to it until you feel it is perfect. Once it is perfect, give it one final check ( I am glad I did because all the times I went through it before I overlooked a signature)

Do not forget to include a check or money order for the exact amount they are wanting. Not less than they want or not more than they want; the EXACT amount and be sure to follow the directions for filling out the check because they want it a certain way.

I know I have made this longer than needed to be but I am just trying to stress the importance of making sure your packet is correct for your sake and your partners sake. Don't make them wait any longer than needed..

Good luck everyone!!! :)

I remember I took over the whole dinning room table with documents. Checking and then rechecking. Then I made two copies of everything. Originals went to Immigration, 1 copy to fiance in Russia so she could see what we were up to and last copy for me as a backup. It took me weeks to gather everything.

I put it in a 3 ring binder with tabs. Next I mailed it BUT I FORGOT THE CHECK ! Stupid. It was immediatly returned to me and they had thrown away my beautiful presentation. It was assembled their way with a two hole Acco binder at the top. Later I learned they don't like guys like me who go overboard. I was told by Gov. rep "Just Follow The Instructions".

I don't think my stupid mistake even cost me 1 week. I was lucky.

Citizenship is next for us. After U.S. passport we will be finished ! About 4 years from first arrival.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.