Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2012

2,517 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelad, after looking and looking I JUST saw what you typed in your response!!! headbonk.gif Silly me. Anyway, I'm doing my medical at Andrews Memorial.

Edited by IslandLady

06-04-2011 GOT MARRIED!

09-06-2011 Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

09-16-2011 Official NOA1 in the mail

03-09-2012 Official NOA2 in the mail

03-24-2012 Received NVC Case # & IIN; Emailed DS-3032

04-06-2012 AOS filing ACCEPTED

05-01-2012 Interview Date Received: JUNE 21, 2012

05-21-2012 Medical completed - Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

06-21-2012 INTERVIEW. Joint sponsor needed

06-26-2012 Embassy schedules follow-up appointment - Wednesday, June 27, 9:00 am

06-27-2012 VISA APPROVED & RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-28-2012 POE - FLL-Hollywood Int'l Airport, Florida

07-09-2012 Social Security Card received in the mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE (ROC)

05-28-2014 Mailed I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS Priority Mail (delivered 05/31)

06-04-2014 Received NOA1: Receipt date 06-02-2014

06-13-2014 Received ASC Appointment Notice - Biometrics appointment 07-01-2014

12-01-2014 Case transferred to California Service Center

01-12-2015 Case status updated: CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION!!!!!!!

01-16-2015 Card mailed. I have a tracking #!

01-17-2015 Permanent Green Card received in the mail.

NATURALIZATION

04-18-2016 Mailed N-400 Application via FedEx 2-day

04-20-2016 Package delivered @ 10:16 am!

04-22-2016 Acceptance text & email

04-25-2016 Check cashed

05-17-2016 Biometrics appointment

07-26-2016 Interview scheduled

09-08-2016 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

09-15-2016 Oath notice received in the mail: 9/29/2016!

09-29-2016 SWORN IN AS A NEW USA CITIZEN!!! Submitted voter registration

10-01-2016 Applied for USA passport

10-24-2016 Received passport & voter information card in the mail.

Timeline

Hi

I wanted to share our great week!

NVC received our IV package on May 4th.

Monday - I called to get an update. NVC told us to wait 20 days, as usual.

Tuesday - NVC told us CASE COMPLETE (that was a fast 20 days! LOL) They also told us that we might have a chance of getting a June interview if we got to the front of the "line" this week. Otherwise, we would have to wait for a July interview date. :(

I decided to give the NVC a break and didn't call until today...

Friday - I called in the morning and NVC said no interview date. He had no idea when we would get one. He did say our file had been sent to London, which was curious to me because I thought it only gets sent after the interview is scheduled. :huh:

Later in the day, I decided to try the DOS rather than the NVC. I figured they'd had all day to schedule our interview :yes: Surprise, surprise....they told me we had an interview date on June 14th!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!! They also asked if I had called earlier in the day....I guess they share a database with NVC!

We got the email confirmation shortly after this.

So there it is; a great week and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Now it's my hubby's turn...he has to go for medical and interview.

Just one question - I see some people track when their file leaves the NVC and when the Embassy gets it. Is there a reason for this other than to keep following your file and making sure the file is there before the interview?

Good luck to everybody still waiting for "something".

I know we aren't done yet, but thanks to this forum (especially Saylin!!! ) we got through this stage without a hitch - all the experiences and ideas really helped us!

Cheers and have a great weekend, Lori

Sorry if this was too long and rambling.....just wanted to share....

Congrats on a fabulous week! kicking.gif

I just called NVc and that guy didnt sound happy at all, i think he needs some coffee big time. i didnt even understand wat he was saying, he was draging and talking. So i take it my case isn't complete yet. i think cus again lolll i honestly counldnt understand his drag talking, n then after i said thank all i heard was nuthing, he hung up. oh well i didnt expect good news anywayz. maybe i should leave them along and wait for the interview email. Good night ppes n grate for every one who had a good week at NVC. you deserved it.

You never know... You'll probably get a more helpful operator next time you call. Don't let the less-than-stellar ones discourage you. Have a great weekend!

06-04-2011 GOT MARRIED!

06-26-2012 Embassy schedules follow-up appointment - Wednesday, June 27, 9:00 am

05-28-2014 Mailed I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS Priority Mail (delivered 05/31)

NATURALIZATION

04-25-2016 Check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelad, after looking and looking I JUST saw what you typed in your response!!! headbonk.gif Silly me. Anyway, I'm doing my medical at Andrews Memorial.

OK, im going dr. banbury. I'm wondering if i should take time off from work to do it. Everything is starting to be a hassle and i heard Andrews takes a super long time.

Married August 9th

USCIS
NOA1- November 19th
Touch - November 21st
Request Expedite-February 13th
NOA2 - March 16th

NVC
3/19/12 --- NVC Received CaseFile
4/02/12 --- NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued
4/02/12 --- Emailed DS-3032 to NVC
4/03/12 --- AOS FEE GENERATED
4/06/12 --- DS-3032 ACCEPTED
4/10/12 --- AOS PAID
4/11/12 --- AOS SHOWING PAID ON NVC WEBSITE
4/25/12 --- IV INVOICED
5/03/12 --- IV PAID
5/04/12 --- IV SHOWING PAID (MONEY WITHDRAWN FROM BANK A/C)
5/04/12 --- AOS & IV packet sent
5/09/12 --- AOS & IV Packet Delivered
5/09/12 --- AOS & IV PACKET RECEIVED
5/09/12 --- CASE COMPLETE
5/10/12 --- Interview Date Set
5/10/12 --- Appointment Letter Received via Email
6/11/12 --- Interview Date

MEDICAL/CONSULATE/POE
5/24/12--- MEDICAL
6/11/12 --- INTERVIEW RESULT (APPROVED)
7/05/12 --- POE (FLL-2 HOURS IN AIRPORT)
7/09/12 --- APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY (MAILED 07/18/12)
7/25/12 --- GREEN CARD RECEIVED (MAILED TO WRONG ADDRESS PICK-UP 8/7/12)

ROC

04/12/2014- MAILED ROC

04/14/2014-ROC RECEIVED

04/16/2014-NOA1

Timeline

OK, im going dr. banbury. I'm wondering if i should take time off from work to do it. Everything is starting to be a hassle and i heard Andrews takes a super long time.

Maybe you should take the time off, just to be safe and to not be worried if you do have to wait for a while. I'm planning to get to Andrews early and carry a good book...

06-04-2011 GOT MARRIED!

NATURALIZATION

04-25-2016 Check cashed

to the moderators...Any idea if those of us who have had to wait an extra long time for NOA2, do they communicate with NVC to let them know, this persons been waiting a long time, speed it up for them? Just curious what other peoples experiences have been. I am just happy to be done with NOA2 which took 8.5 months (no RFE).

to the moderators...Any idea if those of us who have had to wait an extra long time for NOA2, do they communicate with NVC to let them know, this persons been waiting a long time, speed it up for them? Just curious what other peoples experiences have been. I am just happy to be done with NOA2 which took 8.5 months (no RFE).

Nope. It doesn't matter how long you waited for your NOA2, you still have to wait the same length as everyone else to get a case number assigned.

Edited by Saylin

I just called NVc and that guy didnt sound happy at all, i think he needs some coffee big time. i didnt even understand wat he was saying, he was draging and talking. So i take it my case isn't complete yet. i think cus again lolll i honestly counldnt understand his drag talking, n then after i said thank all i heard was nuthing, he hung up. oh well i didnt expect good news anywayz. maybe i should leave them along and wait for the interview email. Good night ppes n grate for every one who had a good week at NVC. you deserved it.

I found the later in the day I called, the worse the operator was and the information I got wasn't at all helpful!! Early morning was most always good. :yes:

I hope next week is YOUR week. :thumbs:

Edited by tobytyke23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hmm, my husband called yesterday and the operator said they've accepted it. I called just a few minutes ago to confirm it, but now they say they haven't reviewed it yet. So confusing. How could they have "not reviewed it yet" when they have already sent me an rejection email? :wacko:

eh- time and timing, alas.

you send it off.

it gets into the mailroom.

at some point, it's added to the casefile.

WHEN/IF it's added to the casefile, the IV fee bill is generated.

this 'accepting it' wording is very ambiguous and useless. You need to find out when it was added to the casefile.

My IV fee bill is already posted. None yet for my daughter's..

have the uscitizen petitioner call in and ask what's going on.

in a perfect world, the two casefiles are joined up at NVC. Without that happening, things are off with timing.

If the two casefiles are INDEED not joined up, they need to be. have yer USCitizen Spouse ASK at NVC (via a telephone call) that the two casefiles be joined up. If the tele-operator seems confused, ask for a supervisor.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Does anyone know how NVC reviews paperwork sent? Do they review ATTN:DR first or ATTN: CMOS? Will Attn DR get reviewed faster since they may be just missing something from original paperwork and just need a review to see if they have everything or is there no such order?

there is no such 'order'

The intake is parallel tracks, for all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

Excellent ! Please update yer official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=131103

Case Completed. :dance: :dance: :dance:

[snip]

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

On the DS-230 Form, if you mark "Yes" for the following question: "Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card?"

Then, should you even bother asking the CBP Officer at POE if your SSN card will be sent in the mail? Do you still have to go to a SSA Office to request the SSN? or Do you just "count on it" that I will make it to your mailbox without having to do anything else?

:help:

Thanks!

This is an evil, wicked, mean and nasty trick that the DoS plays on all immigrants who tick the box. Some people get it, many do not. Once yer at the POE, they care nothing about yer SSN, but they are responsive to any address updates, name spelling corrections, green card type change for issuance, should you deign to remember this stuff after the 12 hour grueling flight.

Most folk show up at the SSA office at the 3rd week past POE, and apply in VISA name.

YESSS!!!!!!!!!! Just called NVC and my case was closed an hour ago. The only downside, I have to wait past the weekend for the interview date, but I'll take it! I am so anxious!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaah. so I'm a bit off with my prediction, right? I chalk it up to the RFE that you received this week / checklist letter on the GUZ IV P3 supplemental.

So, what, Tuesday or Wednesday, you'll get 'interview date set'.

Good Luck !

Saylin do you recommend we get proactive with that and go ahead and pay a visit to the local SSA office the day after POE to get that SSN process rolling??

Unca Darnell say 'wait three weeks'

Timeline

:ot: Just curious .... ho do you become a "Gold Member"?

you ship 300 frozen venison jiaozi to me, or 2 kg of dry poutine gravy to Saylin.

[see, we're bribable]

Congrats!!!!! Just wondering, when you sent your IV package, did you send a barcode sheet with it? Where did you get it? Thanks :)

barcode sheet at the online payment portal. are you using the online payment portal, or no ?

Timeline

Ok but i will try to come when he is bz and defenately i will update and let you know after comming from the consulate on my I Pad.He wont say anything if a take a few seconds.

ah. you are a secretive iPad user. Got it ;)

Timeline
Just one question - I see some people track when their file leaves the NVC and when the Embassy gets it. Is there a reason for this other than to keep following your file and making sure the file is there before the interview?

No Other Reason WhatSoEver.

Congrats on the movement this week !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Still not scheduled for the interview. NVC still gives me a dead end when I inquire as to when it will be scheduled. I hate the NVC with a passion, they have made so many mistakes on our case since day one. I will be so glad when it is forwarded to the consulate. Seems to me since everything in Amman has to be electronically that it would make the process move faster. Seems people at the NVC can't read email as quickly as they can read snail mail. Perhaps our husbands will both have their interview at the same time. I am going to Amman for it, will make me feel better if I am there by his side. Luckily I am able to go, I know it isn't easy for most to be able to do so.

OOOHHHH, I thought you had it scheduled already....I don't know what is up with NVC....seems like every little blip makes them freak out and its like they don't understand the simplest of things! Maybe they will have it at the same time...that would be cool! Wish I could be there for the interview...but I cant :(

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

you ship 300 frozen venison jiaozi to me, or 2 kg of dry poutine gravy to Saylin.

[see, we're bribable]

[..]

I'd bump the person (if I could) to Super Star member if I got poutine :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.