Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2012

2,517 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I meant i do not know how i cna find out if this package is mine or someone else' one

yer troubling yerself in the wrong area. DHL shipment tracking is not useful.

What IS useful are the timeticks you can get from DoS Hotline:

1. casefile opened

2. interview passed or casefile sent back

3. visa packet sent

so, yer hovering around #1, for now. IMO, the IV unit should have the casefile opened circa May 24th. There's a LOT of things that happen that aren't trackable / no reportable timeticks between 'casefile left NVC' and 'casefile opened at IV unit' .

Hang in there ! To relieve stress, please to shift to new exercise regimen. Your heart will thank you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The document i see on the DHL while i tracking my package

Ship Date: 05/03/2012

Pieces: 1

Total Weight: 1.0 lbs Note on Weight

Ship Type: Document

Shipment Reference: EXP 02 MAY 2012A

Service: EXPRESS WORLDWIDE doc

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Apparently this is not an immigrant Visa package, it is mostly related to the US diplomate in Haiti.

That's the tag used by DHL and NVC [uS Diplomatic Papers] for a casefile headed to the IV unit.

Hum that is cool, i will have to call DOS just to know if they received it

Just so yer not fretting - many times DoS Hotline will not have that info. They will have 'casefile opened' timetick , though.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Medical tomorrow. Repacking bag over lunch today...taking one bag but something tells me it's not well organized (the busting zippers perhaps...). LOL. Have a fantastic day, everyone!

Hey you must be nervous now

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey you must be nervous now

Yes, I am...how did you know? :P

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Literally just called the NVC, was not on hold AT ALL....They got our case this morning!!!!!! Atlease they have it now!!

29/7/2010 - Married.

USCIS

9/11/2011 - I-130 Sent.

16/11/2011 - NOA 1.

26/4/2012 - NOA2.

162 DAYS.

NVC

7/5/2012 - NVC recieved case.

23/5/2012 - NVC Case Number.

31/5/2012 - A.O.S Paid. (Only due to other expenses)

15/6/2012 - IV Paid. (Only due to other expenses)

18/6/2012 - A.O.S & IV Packs sent to NVC.

9/7/2012 - A.O.S & IV Packs re-sent to NVC (No thanks to the courier...)

24/7/2012 - Checklist recieved. (They actually have everything they need)

25/7/2012 - CASE COMPLETE AT THE NVC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01/08/2012 - Case left NVC, Recieved Interview Email!!!

79 Days (Including weekends)

7/6/2012 - Medical (London)

24/09/2012 - Interview (London Embassy) CHANGED BY EMBASSY.

10/09/2012 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14/09/2012 - Passport and Documents returned to me via courier.

28/09/2012 - Flights booked for Anchorage, AK!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hum that is great idea, i will do the same too, Thank you for the idea. My I-130 is not signed, will it be a problem?

Rujby - there's a school of thought here at VJ to bring

1. exact copies of everything submitted and

2. exact originals of everything submitted

to the interview appointment. Things not signed not fit either category.

Ask your wife to recreate stuff for you, mail to you. YOU can handle the IV set.

in the end, this is done for 'just in case' scenario, where something was lost at uscis and/or nvc. YOU having it on INTERVIEW DAY is a bonus, as it negates the issuance of a 221G requesting documents. If you have the documents in your hand on interview day, and you NEED them because they fell out of the casefile prior - well, you got the problem solved on INTERVIEW DAY and in real time.

Be Prepared! Properly!

----

anything unsigned is useless.

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Saylin: I see in your timeline you POE'd on 5/12/11 which is almost a year ago (btw congrats on your upcoming first anniversary)... now further down you put "elegible for ROC" which I'm assuming means "Removal of conditions" on 2/11/13 which is about 21 months later. Two years minus 3 months because you can request ROC 3 months prior to your Second Anniversary.

Now I wasn't sure at which point you are suppossed to start counting the 2 years, if it wasn't from Visa approval day or from POE ... so I guess you start counting your 2 years for elegibility for ROC from the time you enter the States for the first time (POE).

Is this correct?

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

I've my interview coming up on Wednesday and I'm nervous as hell. No clue how to relax.

exercise. Seriously.

Timeline

Yes, I am...how did you know? :P

That is how we all mostly feel each time things take another step, the closer you are to the interview, the more nervous you will be. My medical is for next week, i am already too nervous

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/14/2011---- Touched

NVC Stage

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

Timeline

Can, at my interview, i provide copy of my wife passport stamp showing the 2 times i have been with my wife last year ( 2011) since both tickets flight were sent in the beginning to USCIS?

YUP. While yer at it, make 'the evidence pile'. These copies of the stamps would go IN that evidence pile.

Timeline

Ask your wife to recreate stuff for you, mail to you. YOU can handle the IV set.

in the end, this is done for 'just in case' scenario, where something was lost at uscis and/or nvc. YOU having it on INTERVIEW DAY is a bonus, as it negates the issuance of a 221G requesting documents. If you have the documents in your hand on interview day, and you NEED them because they fell out of the casefile prior - well, you got the problem solved on INTERVIEW DAY and in real time.

Be Prepared! Properly!

----

Oh ok Thank you!

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/14/2011---- Touched

NVC Stage

Timeline

For the life or Health insurance, aren t they gonna ask my wife for my SSN?

ya, that's optional, the health insurance. I have my wife on my dental plan, because an SSN was not required.

SSN was required on the Health insurance, so she not on it. Less cost for me, on that one, yay!

Life insurance, OTOH, anyone can be listed as a beneficiary for POD instructions - for me the SSN was not required.

So, really, this all can vary depending on the requirements of the companies that issue these things to your spouse.

Timeline

Ok.. 5 pages of phone logs, all I had since I got a land line, 36 pages of Skype, and a photo montage of text messages. uh... I ran out of printer ink...

i think you need to unpack a bit, find the spare cartridge, and keep printing ;)

(that was mean, a bit, to suggest to unpack ;) )

Timeline

Be Prepared! Properly!

----

OK but all these forms were sent to USCIS, i do not remember the date that was put on them. I just have a copy unsigned. I would not like to add another date that is different from the I-130 that was sent to NVC, you understand?>

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/14/2011---- Touched

NVC Stage

Timeline

I just realized I forgot to give our email addresses when I asked for our case numbers earlier. Can I call them tomorrow to give them our email adds?

absolutely ! whilst yer on the phone, ask for an AOS Fee Bill to be emailed to the petitioner, as well.

thanks, i hope :) and they are so annoying with that answer, you wait 30 minutes to speak with someone and then thats the answer they give! its a pain.. good luck to you as well, :thumbs:

this is the time to upgrade yer phone system. if you use a landline, get a speakerphone or headset.

if yer on a mobile phone, get some corded earbuds or a bluetooth headset.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.