Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2012

2,517 posts in this topic

Guys,

I printed my cover sheet bar code when my AOS fee said PAID. but next day I saw the website again, it my fee was REJECTED.

I needed to pay again, cos the first payment didnt go. My question: Should I print another cover sheet? right?

Since now it says PAID again.... and it actually when through now.

My package is with my co-sponsor, but I'm not sure if he needs to print a new cover sheet or not.

Someone told me that if I dont they will not accept my AOS package and I'll need to send all over again =/

I dont wanna call NVC cos they may give me wrong info, it happened before ¬¬"

thanks!

I'm pretty sure the bar-coded cover sheets would be the same. But, to ease your mind, you can just have your co-sponsor print the newest one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have just sent the email for the DS-3032, and wanted to know even if we get a acceptance email for the choice of agent, if we'd also need to send a physical paper copy of this letter signed by the beneficiary?

Wanted to know as Ive just had my wife send me her signed DS 230 over the mail and would like to avoid needing to have more documents sent by mail as possible.

Hi,

I have just sent the email for the DS-3032, and wanted to know even if we get a acceptance email for the choice of agent, if we'd also need to send a physical paper copy of this letter signed by the beneficiary?

Wanted to know as Ive just had my wife send me her signed DS 230 over the mail and would like to avoid needing to have more documents sent by mail as possible.

If you've sent the email with the DS-3032 data, then there is NO need to mail the DS-3032 form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think...

1. I did get e-mail confirmation the NVC confirmed my choice of agent (I'm the beneficiary, my wife is the USC)...

2. one way of knowing they have accepted your choice of agent is they generate you IV invoice.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think...

1. I did get e-mail confirmation the NVC confirmed my choice of agent (I'm the beneficiary, my wife is the USC)...

2. one way of knowing they have accepted your choice of agent is they generate you IV invoice.

You're correct ;)

Filed: Timeline

Hi Saylin and for those who received a checklist.

There's a problem with the co-sponsor's passport copy that I sent in my AOS package. Operator told me to send it out again, my question is: Can I send the passport copy via email or I should send it by snail mail?

USCIS Stage

11/22/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/28/2011---- NOA1 email received

4/27/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED

NVC Stage

5/07/2012-------Case received at NVC

5/29/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

5/30/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

6/01/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID"

6/05/2012-------- AOS express mailed vis USPS

6/11/2012-------- Still hoping and praying for the acceptance of DS-3032

Hi Saylin and for those who received a checklist.

There's a problem with the co-sponsor's passport copy that I sent in my AOS package. Operator told me to send it out again, my question is: Can I send the passport copy via email or I should send it by snail mail?

Only those eligible for electronic processing (and special circumstances) can send things by email. You're going to need to snail mail it (along with either the checklist bar-coded cover sheet or the AOS bar-coded cover sheet from the payment portal).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Saylin,

When scanning documents for Canadians filing NVC with electronic processing, did you scan both sides of your birth and marriage certificates?? Or does just the coloured front side suffice?? Couldn't find the response anywhere.

Thanks!!

Hey Saylin,

When scanning documents for Canadians filing NVC with electronic processing, did you scan both sides of your birth and marriage certificates?? Or does just the coloured front side suffice?? Couldn't find the response anywhere.

Thanks!!

I just scanned the front for both certificates.. There was nothing on the back, so I didn't bother.

Timeline

I think the official (long form) certificates only have one side, I could be wrong because obviously I have only seen them for my province but the small coloured birth certificate (wallet size) is not what they are looking for.

08/13/2010 - Matt found my profile on okcupid

08/16/2010 - I introduced him to skype

12/28/2010 - We met in 3D for the first time

05/27/2011 - We got Married!

09/20/2011 - I-130 sent

09/26/2011 - text received from uscis

09/29/2011 - NOA1 hardcopy received

03/16/2012 - NOA2 from uscis website, no text or email ever recieved

04/17/2012 - received NVC case # IIN & BID in the mail

04/18/2012 - optin email sent, AOS invoiced

04/19/2012 - optin accepted, choice of agent completed online

04/23/2012 - AOS paid, waiting for receipt

04/26/2012 - AOS sent

05/02/2012 - AOS checklist received, also false checklist for ds-261

05/03/2012 - IV invoice email received

05/04/2012 - IV invoice available online

05/07/2012 - IV invoice paid

05/09/2012 - IV appears paid on portal

05/13/2012 - IV package sent

05/16-2012 - AOS checklist response sent

05/18/2012 - Case complete, no email recieved

05/29/2012 - called NVC to find out case had been completed on the 18th

06/06/2012 - interview assigned (July 9th!) (rescheduled to June 26th)

06/07/2012 - interview email received

06/20/2012 - medical

06/26/2012 - interview! APPROVED!!!!!!!

06/26/2012 - email from Loomis, they picked up my passport

POE Friday the 13th! Montreal airport

I think the official (long form) certificates only have one side, I could be wrong because obviously I have only seen them for my province but the small coloured birth certificate (wallet size) is not what they are looking for.

The long form from Quebec, which is what I copied, has nothing on the back.

Timeline

Hey

thanks that answers it. yeah I am from BC but I should have clarified. There is nothing on the back of the birth/marriage certificates, however it is slightly see through and you can see the border through so I wasn't sure if I had to scan the back in order to authenticate it (or something like that). But since they accepted yours then that makes sense.

Thanks VJ Canada friends!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hey..my interview is in two days...i have everything prepared,when i called to change my interview date,i asked if there are any interview fees i have to pay..they said no!....i know they know better,cause they work there,and they wouldnt lie to me,but i want to make sure,i dont have to pay anything for my interview...

Any quick answers are much appreciated!

Wish me luck!..Wednesday is the day!

5ZDrp2.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bulgaria

I-130 Sent :.................................. 2011-10-10

I-130 NOA1 :.................................2011-10-14

I-130 NOA2:..................................2012-03-30

NVC Received :............................2012-05-03

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-05-03

Pay I-864 Bill................................ 2012-05-07

Receive I-864 Package :............2012-05-08

Return Completed I-864 :...........2012-05-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :....2012-05-04

Receive IV Bill :............................2012-05-11

Pay IV Bill :................................... 2012-05-11

Package IV sent :........................2012-05-17

Package IV received:.................2012-05-21

Interview date:.............................2012-06-27

APPROVED!

hey..my interview is in two days...i have everything prepared,when i called to change my interview date,i asked if there are any interview fees i have to pay..they said no!....i know they know better,cause they work there,and they wouldnt lie to me,but i want to make sure,i dont have to pay anything for my interview...

Any quick answers are much appreciated!

Wish me luck!..Wednesday is the day!

Nope, there are no visa fees or anything for IR-1/CR-1 applicants at the interview (unless expedited or DCF). The only possible fee would be a courier one, but this varies by consulate/embassy. Canada for example, you have to sign up ahead of time on a website, but there's no fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.