7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

goodday to u all , i am very happy to get to knw the visa journey , which i have understand that it guides someone on hw to go about his journey on obtaining the i-129 visa, well i have posted some question few backs and i got a an answer inrespect of the question i asked concerning my international passport problem, i actually had an interview with the american embassy someyrs back, say like 8yrs ago.and right nw i am presently leaving in italy , and i met an american lady who happens to be very luving and caring to me , and she has visited me over here , not quite long ago, she actaully spent two weeks and three days with me , before embarking back to the united state, right nw my problem is my age difference in the passport.during that yr back,my age on the passport was ,16th, july, 1972, and which it was a mistake from the passport office , so it got expired, and i needed to apply for another new one , which i had to correct them about the mistake on the former passport, so my real age is 16th, july , 1980 .so i asked this question on visa journey and someone replied me that i shuld i get a lawyer to recticfy the problem, but i asked again , if its possible i can get a clearance letter from the immigration concering the age difference, but i still want to knw if its possible they can notify the embassy about this mistake,or shuld they send the clearnace letter to me , and take to the embassy here in italy , on the day of my interview.plz i need solution on this issue, its giving me so much concern,so that i will clerify this problem with the american embassy .i dont want to be denied for the second time , its very painful , most especially when i can see my fiancee, and get married to her over there in the state.thanks,i will be looking forward to hear from u all .ciao

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello and welcome to the forum... I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused and I'm going to ask you a few questions that may help us, help you

Just to clarify, there's no such thing as a i-129f VISA. The Fiance(e) VISA is called K1

1) Where are you from exactly? Are you just living in Italy or do you have Italian citizenship?

2) Assuming that the issue with your passport is with an Italian passport... Why can't you get this fixed and request a new passport? If they made a mistake, I'm pretty sure you could have it corrected presenting the right documentation that will prove your Date of Birth.

3) Has your American fiancee already filed the petition for a K1 visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The birth date on your current passport and birth certificate need to be the same. You need to correct that before you begin the US immigration process. And, if the USCIS has you in the system already with an incorrect/different birth date you will need to be prepared to explain the circumstances thoroughly.

If you were seen as lying about your birth date in prior dealings with US immigration you could be facing an entry ban.

I would suggest that your US citizen girl friend does some investigating with USCIS to see how this "mistake" may impact your immigration plans.

edit - Looking at your other posts, am I correct in reading that you are from Nigeria? If so, this "mistake" may be a larger issue if you presented the old passport to a US embassy.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

sorry i never stated where exctacly i am from , i am from nigeria , and i am not a citizen of italian.the original birth has been sworn recently in nigeria by my parents in the court, and i am sure thats the one the american embassy will surely ask me to get , and its called the national population commission.and righ nw my fiancee has not stated filing anything at the moment , because she will be visiting me again for the second time , and she intend spending one months with me over here in italy.and thats my birthday party.so plz i need ur advice on wht to do to rectify this problem , it giving me so much concern , do i get a clearance letter from the immigration in nigerian inrespect of the difference .thanks for ur anticipation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you present your passport with the incorrect birth date to any US embassy before? If you did, then your road is going to be much more difficult. Your US citizen fiancee needs to do some work and learn if it will be possible for you to ever get a visa given a material misrepresentation has occurred in the past.

I would suggest, as others have done in your prior posts, that your fiancee contact a qualified immigration attorney for advice and guidance before filing any paperwork.

This isn't as simple as saying there was a mistake. Especially for a Nigerian national.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

sorry i never stated where exctacly i am from , i am from nigeria , and i am not a citizen of italian.the original birth has been sworn recently in nigeria by my parents in the court, and i am sure thats the one the american embassy will surely ask me to get , and its called the national population commission.and righ nw my fiancee has not stated filing anything at the moment , because she will be visiting me again for the second time , and she intend spending one months with me over here in italy.and thats my birthday party.so plz i need ur advice on wht to do to rectify this problem , it giving me so much concern , do i get a clearance letter from the immigration in nigerian inrespect of the difference .thanks for ur anticipation

Since nothing has been filed yet, you have nothing to worry about; however the only one who can correct this issue for you is the Nigerian government. I do not know if it can be done at the Nigerian Embassy in Italy, but that's the people you should be asking.

A clearance letter will not be enough. You need the proper documentation with the proper data on it. This is a very long process. I suggest you fix this issue with your own government before filing.

Anh map gave you the correct information. Keep in mind that your Country is considered a High Fraud Risk Country, so you WILL want to make sure all the documentation is correct before doing anything..

And I agree.... have your US Citizen girlfriend do some research for the two of you good.gif

EDIT: I missed the part where he may have already presented this documentation

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First off, if you want to interview in Italy, you will need to be a legal resident of Italy. Second, you will have to get your (current) Nigerian passport. Yes, I would get a letter from the Nigerian government as to why you were denied entry. One of the forms will ask you about it. You have to be honest with them because if they catch you in a lie, you could be banned from the states for a long tie if not permanently. You will also need a police report from Nigeria when you get ready for your interview, but dont get that until right before because its only good for 3 months. And yes, you will need your birth certificate too. Good luck with your journey.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.